Introducing Gleambow Racing, starting this week!

Excuse me all haters but event name explicitly says “racing” which means competing with others. You can’t race with yourself… or can you? :thinking:

2 Likes

They need to allow them to spawn from solo players that’s my only issue with this

3 Likes

Is anybody hunting them now looking to join a group

Wish I wasn’t stuck at work lol.

Im not hating. I just stated that this is yet again another hunting related event.
Other stuff is just my personal opinion about the event.

3 Likes

This event should’ve included meteors (possibly scaled down versions?) on all planets that DO NOT require more than one player to trigger a spawn. They did it for Oortmas, could have done it again. I won’t even touch on the unbalance regarding the totems required for the event.

Four hours in and I’ve seen about eight gleambow meteors. I managed to harvest a small handful of materials from only two of them. Personally, I am extremely disappointed and disgusted with this event.

I’ve been stoked ever since the first announcement, and now this is a huge let down for me. :weary:

7 Likes

ehem…

Boundless is a game that attracts many playstyles. Solo is one of them. Solo play has been a recognized playstyle in MMOs for years and most developers have accepted this fact. This event does not cater for this playstyle. Plain and simple.

This event also doesn’t cater to the newer players whom are not ready or they don’t feel ready for T3 worlds. Plain and simple.

Special events should be for EVERYONE. not just certain player levels and styles. Plain and simple.

We can and will express our opinions on additions to the game whether we like them or not and can still love the game as a whole. Plain and simple.

Why am I spelling out what has already been said above? Was it not plain and simple enough? Well, hopefully things are a little more plain and simple now.

No, but you can race against a timer, which many of us believed was to be the case.

5 Likes

i think we also may be missing the fact too that right now anyone with a forgemaster setup is going to be able to 1 shot loot magnet the drops right now

2 Likes

Please do not patch ability for forging until after I get home from work. Thanks!

6 Likes

if i was the devs i would not even bother at this point its a literal case of closing the barn door after the horse is already 2 blocks away if they patch it all it would do is make the currently forged ones 10x more powerful

Well it tells a lot when you see dev saying totems are not forgeable. Then few moments later someone post screenshot about forged gleamtotem.

No one has said is this actually intented i feel like they are just watching reactions of this and deside after that… wich is not a good sign.

1 Like

Craft to gather to craft to gather to craft the coils to craft the fusion shard to craft to hunt. :wink:

1 Like

This seems incredibly inefficient and is another “Well, work with other players” route. A promoted, time-limited event after a free weekend that is gated by Power requirements seems a bit silly. Relying on community presence & kindness to solve that also seems silly.

Didn’t see it raised on testing though so we missed the window to get it changed.

Okay just lead a hunt and I can officially say the timer is way to fast

4 Likes

Need to give at least 1 more min on the clock and make the thing have a bigger tail while on the ground so we can spot it faster or put a marker on the radar when it hits.

1 Like

To give a bit of background on how the timer works, it automatically balances the time based on a few factors, such as player count, but most importantly it adjusts based on the success rate and average times to complete Gleambow Meteorites on that world specifically.
So it should get easier if its too tricky at the time, alternatively you could attempt the Gleambows on other worlds where the timer might be more forgiving for you

We had a decent size group when they hit the ground a mile away it’s a bit much.

Also 50/50 drop rate seemed nice but you can run into an issue where you just have really bad luck I would suggest bumping it up a bit. After all we want to have fun during the event not feel like it’s a grind.

3 Likes

I like this even more than most others. With great loot at the end. thanks Devs. A lot better than handing out flowers

2 Likes

Have not tried yet, and I was kinda excited at the idea of this event, but reading some of these comments/reviews has got me a bit bummed.

Why so little blocks for just the first lucky ppl? Thats just gonna create hate and slander and possibly future trolling.
Personally, I’m a giver, not a taker, and rather than compete, I’d rather just stand back and let others take. So I might as well not try.
What about kids competing against experienced adults?

What happened to the shared loot box in traditional meteorites? Easy fix, right there. Even if it’s still 2-3 blocks only, at least everyone involved gets it.

3 Likes

I agree here, we had a small group of 5 and it is nearly impossible to get anything before the timer suddenly runs out. Then running regions gain for the same poor result.

I’m not going to bother anymore

3 Likes