Error (CE-34878-0), Crashing - PS4 & PC players

@Jiivita can you confirm if this is still broken right now, if so that would suggest our snapshots of the universe from this morning at around 9am “should” let me repro it by playing as you.

3 Likes

Also can you confirm one or two explicit worlds that fail when you try and join them

2 Likes

Hello @blake, I have this issue also.

Example planet I cannot access:
Grovidias Te

I logged in just now to try it and only Grovidias Te seemed to be having problems. I did send a crash log just now while trying it.

Hmm, I was going to report a problem with trying to get to Grovidias Te, but I see this and think it may be the same problem

For me it crashes to desktop within 1-2 seconds of going through a portal to Grovidias Te, no error message.
Submitted crash dumps.
Tried 3 characters, restarted steam, rebooted pc.

As a test, tried another character, NOT in portal seekers, and that character can portal to Grovidias Te fine

I’m sorry I’m at work tonight so I cant check till tomorrow. Biitula to Trung crashed. Biitula to Lamblis crashed. Biitula to Grovidias Te worked one time but crashed there after.

2 Likes

Im PS, I got this crash bug while traveling to Gros Te today.
Although Im able to travel around EU and AUS servers totally fine.

Attemp 2: switching main guild to other guilds didnt fix the problem, still get crashed.

I had the same issue yesturday… I can travel to all other planets BUT Grovidias-Te. As soon as I go through a portal to that planet I get booted out.

I still crash going to Grovidias Te. I seem to be able to go to Lamblis and Trung ok… in fact Grovidias Te seems to be the only one that is crashing me atm. I was able to travel to all the other T3’s and up.

1 Like

Just to note I have a crash repro now, investigating (hopefully it’s the same crash)

4 Likes

go to the warning menu i usually select the cleanse option and it let me enter the planet a minute later

We have a fix for this issue.

It’s need to be built and sent for PS4 QA before release.

18 Likes

Awesome @james and @blake, how fast you guys can fix these strange bugs and prepare them to be shipped to release. Even though I’m not affected, thanks!

2 Likes

Fix for PC is now live.
Still waiting for PS4.

10 Likes

@james Thanks for the fix! The PS Hub on Gellis just took a few minutes to load in and all portals closed. Could this be related to the fix? :thinking:

I’m guessing the portals maybe ran out of fuel?

1 Like

Correct, PS is shutting down. With this bug affecting Grov Te, we couldn’t get to our oort to refill portals. So we are just letting the network shut down.

There is no issue with the portals related to this.

Lol I didn’t get the memo in time I guess… the network is back up for the time being.

5 Likes

Lol I thought you were working :slight_smile: yay!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, I was just curious if fit was a side effect of the bug fix. Forcefully closing all portals in a beacon aligned to PS or something, because all the player portals were closed too. But it was just a big coincidence :wink:

Also, thanks Jiivita ^^

2 Likes