Event cool off time

not so much a suggestion for new content (so posting it has general) but more a request for the devs to pump the brakes a bit on the events sense Halloween its been one after the other and i starting to hear alot of people getting burned out even more so after the lovestruck event with all the trade grinding that happened

looking at other MMO’s that run events like this there are normally a 2 or 3 month (if not more) cool off before the next one starts but it seems we are on track to have a event going almost constantly with only a week or 2 in between each one.

2 Likes

I agree, create a hype.

I worry they are spending time developing these events versus content that will benefit all players over time. Full disclosure, I did gather a few spooky seeds which I never processed and had one snowball fight with another player.

4 Likes

I disagree. I think the events are a good thing to have somewhat regularly. I just wish they were better events.

4 Likes

Regular is nice, but constant? Thats less content creation + no hype for the event.

Does help RP scenes though.

I don’t really think it is fair to assume that we are going to constantly have events one after another. Please remember we have had a couple months of holidays and special things most people celebrate.

I don’t know what other holidays we are going to link to through the summer. Obviously I am not sure what Gleambow is being linked to either or that ALL the developers are spending time on this. They are doing other things.

In any event people wanted content and we are getting something but I do agree that none of us want to end up in “event fatigue.”

1 Like

This is kinda what i had in mind, which was working out ok.

But now gleambow racing? That seems like a filler event. I would rather have content created.

All good either way though.

I think none of us understand where the idea came from. So it is confusing and we should understand if they think we want events constantly…

As for content being created - it is. They are actively working on that. They had different teams of people doing different things.

true its possible this could be the last event tell the next big Holiday just looking at other MMO’s you had the Christmas event in December then the lunar new year event that just warped up for most games and thats it 2 in the timespan of boundless having now 3.

idk i guess just in my mind the gleambow one des not seem to be tied to any real world events so it could have been delayed a month to give people time to breath and work on there builds or shops before having to grind out the next event

1 Like

I disagree. The events are meant to be enjoyable side objectives available during window periods. They are also doing them around holidays. Not every holiday is having an event either. If people are feeling burnt out from grinding events and do not like that feeling, then they should stop grinding the event.

Since they are leaving the recipes in the knowledge tab, I think it’s safe to say they intend to roll the same recipe out in the next cycle of the event. We don’t have to get everything in one go. Personally I do enough to get one mass craft of each event item and leave it at that.

I’d like to see more with the events, but as they are now they are fine.

4 Likes

I think the Gleambow might be for St Patrick’s Day

5 Likes

yea that’s possible totally forgot about that one

I’m hoping for a leprechaun beard cosmetic. Help set the mood for chasing down the treasure at the end of the gleambow.

Aye, this was my guess what with rainbows and racing to the base of it for a reward.

Edit to be on topic:
I am enjoying the events, I say keep them coming. But I also understand the events aren’t taking up all the developers time and resources.

2 Likes

I just want the leprechaun hat or being able to turn my coins into a physical objects so I can show off my 40 coins :joy:

what about easter?
that’s what I thought instantly when i heard gleambows

though leprechauns go with rainbows for st pattys day too so :man_shrugging:

yea thats possable too was more of a case i forgot about st pattys day so when i first saw the event i was thinking it was a filler one tell the next real world one

i would like events all year round :slight_smile:

Events means potentially more funding(who am I kidding pretty much guaranteed to get some people spending $) and more funding means more content can be created or more developers hired. As they have said before different teams work on different things. So the events aren’t really taking away from the bigger stuff. If anything it’s helping the bigger stuff.

Bring on the Event planet james we ready :sunglasses:
@anon42939288 whats st patty?
lol