Exo worlds: clarifications needed?

Would it be possible to have more transparency with the inner workings for exo World appearances, please.

Lot of people (not everyone) becoming frustrated with the non appearance of exo worlds, which comes from the supposedly random creation.
This frustration is actually a tribute to the success of said world’s, as people just want more.
Having a partially frustrated player base is not a good thing though, so would it be possible to shine a light on the parameters used in the timings for creation and maybe the level of world also.
the discord was getting interesting last night and so can only imagine what it’s like this morning :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The update and patch notes for exos should have everything they may need for clarification. They can read them here on the forums, or in game within the menus.

(A second off topic, and not directed at you catfud)

No one has patience anymore these days. They want everything, and they wanted it yesterday. They also want everything handed to them for free so they don’t have to actually work for anything. If they don’t get any of those, they whine about it nonstop. Those type of people make me sick.

12 Likes

I think it was mentioned they will spawn randomly? Plus, not everyone has time to try all the exos if they land within close time periods of one another. Paaatience is key here :smiley:

3 Likes

While I am perfectly willing to wait, earn my stuff and all the rest i do find the exo’s incredibly frustrating at times.

I have quite set play times e.g. playing around life commitments e.g. kids and work. There are a lot of players who dont have that and can jump on an exo as soon as it becomes available, and as such taking the lions share of easy blink, rift and surface resources. The latter being totally farmed out within hours usually. Blink and rift can still be got, but it feels like eating up the scraps after the alphas have had their fill.

If i could make a change, having a percentage of the random spawns occuring within assured set time. E.g. 25% 6pm-10pm GMT 25% 6pm-10pm PST (got to share the love) and truly random for the rest.

Everyone gets the chance of being an early bird on a planet that way.

Current spawn seems to be nothing for days then 2-4 all within 6-12hrs of each other

4 Likes

I agree. Weekends should be guaranteed.

4 Likes

Sterb Is On Target with his assertion that people need to be patient. The fun of these video games is exploring and part of that is discovering when the planets appear. Also consider this the randomness of their appearance allows people let me know otherwise have a chance to get to the planets first and have a chance at some of the materials otherwise The Very Organized groups or Master miners would have a sizeable advantage and that they would be there the same second anyone else could be. With the randomness it does not allow someone to be literally camping the game the millisecond the planet will appear because they know it will appear. Of course it is possible by luck that of course they might actually see it as spawn in. But at least it gives those with less opportunities a potential chance it more than they would otherwise be able to get right out of the Starting Gate. In my opinion the system with random entrances of planets is 100% just fine. Trust me I am like many of you looking to the skies or checking the status on the portal Seekers EXO Channel but is that not part of the fun!

3 Likes

One last thing I forgot to put in my previous response. I do agree with Ghandy that’s there is too much time between appearances it’s like feast or famine either have multiple planets or you have none. I would suggest as he does that less time between spawns would be helpful perhaps making sure that every day there is one planet available. Of course this is not to say they should all be tier 7 I believe those should be not an everyday occurrence maybe sometimes even a week might go by with none of the tier 7. But for goodness sake there’s nothing wrong with us having lower tier worlds on a more consistent basis

1 Like

A lot of assertions being made I don’t necessarily agree with but not interested in a back and forth (enough of that in other threads :grin:).
Just going to add that I created the thread to try and get more insight into the randomness of spawns, as interested myself and on behalf of those who are very eager to start exploring/decimating them.

How random is random? Have the devs set up an alrogrimth to spawn new planets within a certain time limit? If so, what is that time limit? A week, a month, a year (:scream:)?
Over time, a pattern might become more apparent anyhow.

For myself, I am eager (not impatient) to explore strange new worlds (!) and to grab a load of new coloured blocks (!!) but I’m in no particularly rush (plenty of building and crafting to be getting on with!).
Others, though, have tighter schedules than I do and I can emphasis with the more…enthusiastic…attitude of those wanting to get stuck in asap.
These are our fellow players who want to play and enjoy a certain aspect of recently released content.
Anyhow…I smell burning food so to cap it off:
plenty of room for all types of players and playing styles in our universe :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I enjoy that thaey are unpredictable. The only qualm I have is there no is no way in game to know that you should be searching for them.

That’s the only complaint I have about our interactions with exos to date.

7 Likes

The other option folks have if they get too worked up waiting to be the first to an exo so they can be king-of-the-loot, is to go explore a planet called Earth. It’s huge and full of wonder and you’ll never get bored.

11 Likes

You sound like my dad lol :rofl:

5 Likes

I am basically the Boundless dad. I have lots of one liners like this on the forums. We share a very young demographic from the PS4 and MC crowd. Older gamers aren’t irrelevant and younger gamers aren’t voiceless. But there is most definitely a lot more whining these days to filter through.

3 Likes

I have to admit it’s exactly the same sort of thing I’d say to my daughter :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You bring up an excellent question, as you did in your original post. From what I’ve noticed, pattern wise, is that a few pop up and once the last one is gone, its a 2-3 day wait till the next bunch. I can’t say for sure that the initial first exo in the series spawn is random, but the one or two after may very well be.

My guess is that they use that downtime time to analyze aaallll the data from each one. How many people there at any given time, % of resources and regular stone/gravel/etc mined, altitude level most people were on, meteors cleared to meteors dormant. That sorta stuff.

You’re definitely right, they are a blast when they do show up!!!

2 Likes

They sure are, and I hope we can never fully predict when they will appear. I hope it truly is random and I even wish there was no notification methods for the appearance of them. I see the developers get flamed for “unbalanced” implementations but I think its more us, the community, who creates imbalances with our internal notifications and third party bots. A truly balanced game would have truly random exo spawns.

5 Likes

Nice to see I’m not the only one that feels that way.

1 Like

While I absolutely agree in your people assessment it doesn’t change the fact that a large percentage of players are frustrated. For me it’s really the first thing that has frustrated me about this game. but I’m also not naive to think everyone shares my opinion.

That said the devs are probably the most responsive and transparent game dev team I’ve ever encountered. I think what has thrown off a lot of players on this issue is the amount of spawns has been steadily declining since the release of exos. 4 up first weekend to no more than 2 to then now we’re at days without one.

With me I’m all good with random but something along of the lines of just saying we plan to have around x amount of planets over x amount of time. You might respond by saying why who cares? Two words. Build planning.

1 Like

When devs aren’t speaking, they’re likely data crunching/coding/fixing/etc

Outside of them intends to be random, the other reason it might be like this is they’re analyzing all those data dumps we’ve given them. I’m sure there are a bunch of facts and patterns they learn from our play styles with these exoplanets, which will likely shape future permanent planets.

4 Likes

Exos are a random generated and timed event of planets of various levels from lower to upper. The resources and looks are all random based on some specific rulesets around planets. But we will see different colors, designs, combos, etc. There is a system to track what planets have been created so that we do not see the same thing over and over. The resources on these planets when at the higher levels are a rare resource in regards to blink, umbris, rift.

Planets are supposed to be a surprise and not easily found. It is expected that upon discovery people would share the find to other members or the community or maybe even be silent so they can get the resources first. There are no plans to remove these worlds at any point and in fact they will very likely be used for other content like dungeons, events, titans, and other unique things.

The solutions people created to auto notify Exo planets and share them with the community was access of a database that was not supposed to be publicly used or shared. The avenue that was used to gather this data was secured. As mentioned, Exo’s are supposed to be a rare find, but if people feel that the average player is being hurt or they are too hard to find, then I would suggest specific posts talking about that with ideas on how more visibility to their spawning could be made to the larger community from within the game.

5 Likes

You guys who wait on a timer or a notification are missing it. I am having a real blast camping the pops. It reminds me of FFXI back in the early days when the elite would camp the notorious monsters to get the loot if you could be the first to agro it and kill it. It took real planning and commitment, and the more powerful were more elite and powerful because they earned it. Now days, everyone gets a trophy eh. . .

3 Likes