Exo worlds: clarifications needed?

I think a way around the ‘forbidden fruit’ portion of a shop system is to list shops that have an item in stock.

I’d like for it to show how much is in stock but I think it would be better for shops over all if we didn’t have access to the amounts or prices the various shops have. It would still encourage some modicum of exploration.

Many people want and prefer to purchase I bulk and many people want to buy at the cheapest price. I don’t think you can cater to one population without catering to the other, and if you cater to both of them then you may as well implement an auction house.

So the only way I see to incorporate a shop directory globally in game is to do it in a way that lets you know a store does have an item in stock but no values are shown.

Perhaps we could be given a general idea of what’s in stock like: low stock 1-200 items, fair stock, 200-500 items, over stock 500+ items.

Now that probably would need to be tweaked with regards to certain items that are rarer and as a result are not stocked in as heavy a surplus as more common items.

I feel this would be the fairest way to go about it. It encourages exploration of worlds and various shop builds while at the same time giving shoppers and idea of what’s available for sale and a vague idea of stock.

Edit: this would require the Boundless trade to be shut down so as not to give ‘advantages’ over the designed system but while we have no system designed at present it is the best option we have available.

this has to be a bug tho i mean its been a full 24HR’s and still no exo world? that is way to long to just have players running around wondering.

Personally I think we should have times where no EXO are available… they should not become a common thing where people can just mine all day every day…

7 Likes

Please elaborate on the contract system.

Side note: I hope they will continue with their roadmap that includes farming, titans/hunters, T8, etc and not spend too much time on micro-managing the economy (which might slightly turn BL into a shop simulator).

3 Likes

sure but i think it would bring it back to the OP post where at the vary lest the devs could give us a time frame like “once the last exo world exits a new one spawns anywhere between 2HR to 2 days” just something so people know whats going on right now the poor exo bot is getting spammed to Oblivion with people wondering where they are at.

2 Likes
1 Like

I see. Thank you. Yes, a player-controlled quest/contract system would be awesome. :+1:

Agreed, but exoplanets are currently the new content a lot of players are excited about. It would have been better to let a T3-4 spawn for the weekend instead of letting a lot of players get frustrated. Unless it truly is random, which so far it has not felt entirely random.

1 Like

I’m ok with the pace right now, but agree that at this time it could be a little heavier without really devaluing the experience.

A week or so between higher tier worlds gives some time to clean up the mess and retool.

I’m sure there’s a lot of eagerness to complete the cycle with the lucent materials, I know that I am. And I suspect there are players at most levels who are interested but really haven’t had a chance to take a satisfying trip, whether “Satisfaction” comes in the form of coin, special materials, colors, or just looking at a new type of world.

I’m not personally eager for t8, though I wouldn’t mind a look. I think there’s a lot more players that would appreciate a t3 right now. For me it seems a little silly but if they put the right color(s) there it will get torn apart at LEAST as bad as any of the t7s have. T3 spawns silver and gold too, and I think at least medium fossils.

Here is the break down of the active exo worlds by date.
April 11: 3 Vandar Gothos Tentaroon
April 12: 3 …
April 13: 3 …
April 14: 4 Vandar Gothos Tentaroon Raken
April 15: 4 …
April 16: 4 …
April 17: 1 Raken
April 18: 2 Raken Crav
April 19: 2 …
April 20: 1 Crav
April 21: 2 Crav Colous Te
April 22: 2 …
April 23: 2 …
April 24: 1 Colous Te
April 25: 1 …
April 26: 3 Colous Te Oord Trian Yuuzha
April 27: 2 Oord Trian Yuuzha
April 28: 2 …
April 29: 2 …
April 30: 2 …
May 1st: 0
May 2nd: 0
May 3rd: 0
May 4th: 0
May 5th: 0

Just data you draw your own conclusions

2 Likes

Maybe one will show up on the 9th.

Still time for an umbris t7 to come on that cycle. :crossed_fingers:

Also I didn’t realize there was already full overlap through April. I guess I was focused on other tasks between the higher tier worlds.

Thanks for that.

I personally fully expected overlap until the Lucent cycle was completed with an umbris world or 2 spawning.

I didn’t expect that some content from the last update to still be gated for this long.

However these were just assumptions on my end and disappointment has definitely prevailed as I was hoping to have my chrysominter coils going by the end of the weekend.

Exo Planets only work during April and we have to wait a year for the next round. :exploding_head:

8 Likes

Hahahaha wouldn’t that be something to rage about lmbo

Oh my god that is a fantastic piece of sub data!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :skull_and_crossbones:

Well not full overlap, there were a few hours on some days there was no exo planet, but never lasted a day…

So right now seems off, and I wonder why

i have a feeling they may be manually spawned in

Its bank holiday weekend so I think they will be chilling with their families, not even thinking about Boundless.

1 Like