[exoworlds]Jealousy is an ugly emotion

Sweet of you @ghandymarshall but I am as old as they get, sorry. It is a matter of choices really :frowning:
Being mainly interested in building has its consequences.

1 Like

There are supposed to be Exo planets of all tiers and they have the technology to allow them to be available! That includes ones that do not have dangerous atmosphere or creatures. This will allow people to see pretty and unique planets but still be T2 or T3 and have awesome new colors…

Maybe @james can elaborate on when we will start seeing Exo planets for all players of Boundless and not just a select few now that the planets have been out for a while.

Based on how populated the exos get, I am not sure it is just for the select few. I mostly just run on my miner and except that I might die a few times. Honestly, it’s not the big of a deal, the death penalty doesn’t stack. However, I would also be willing to bring back items if people want them.

1 Like

I thought it was t3 and up only

The select few comment is meant towards those that either have the specs to support the planet due to creatures or the atmosphere. Not all people do have the skill sheet for this especially lower levels players. Hence why Exo planets are supposed to be all Tier types (obviously lowers don’t have certain things like gems/rift/etc). But, we should be told when we can expect to see more average tier Exo planets for those that cannot go to the harder ones.

It might be T3 as the lowest level… I am not sure the exact specs…

Mid tier and high tier. I’m not sure if t3 counts as mid tier to be honest. So it may only be t4 and up

Exoworlds will typically be level 3-6, with Lucent Worlds being level 7, and eventually level 8. These are the next Tier in progression for Boundless, and will require the greatest Atmosphere Protection Skills available, and significant Buffs to survive. Directly from @SamF. For some reason it wouldn’t let me quote

1 Like

I would like to see a mix instead of all one tier when the Lucent planets arrive. However, I don’t think we should be told when to expect them as I like the surprise of seeing what has arrived.

Nothing required, just happy to assist someone who can’t get to the planet due to circumstances. I’m going to be mass refining a bunch of white wood - would you prefer the twisted timber or refined?

I’d have to estimate that 50% or more of the current playerbase has been to one of the T7 planets. I’ve got video & screenshots. Some people have had to wait to get on them, because they were full.

T7+ planets need to happen to give mid-level players something to strive for & to give maxed-out players something to look forward to. It costs a ton of coin to travel to them, requires certain skill sets, the ability/equipment to traverse the terrain, etc. This includes maxed-leveled builders who only travel to the T7+ planets for their unique colors.

@Mittekemuis If there’s anything that you still need, let me know & I will help :blush:

4 Likes

Are there exo T3 planets? I’d love to go to one of those, I could handle that one. Today son and I went to a T6 and had a lot of fun killing critters and getting killed LOL.

Was killing a elemental cuttletrunk and a mighty spitter snuck up and got me from behind and then I killed one that was attacking my son and it dropped the bombs that have a bunch of bombs in them and I was low health so it killed me. Another one killed me and as soon as I stepped through the portal it was waiting for me and killed me with one hit. Cheater, LOL

Had a lot of fun, got some goodies Would love to try out a exo planet (level 3) and see if I can survive it.

5 Likes

Hi Mittekemuis, My friend Morgan and I play together as a duo and also have no guild so we understand how not having one can really hinder you. tomorrow we should be finishing a mass craft of blink slingbows and would like to gift one to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i can vote for her building skills :slight_smile: shes amazing :wink:

2 Likes

If you need a ride to one of the exos, I can take you tomorrow. I don’t mind paying the Coin, I have enough. :blush:

1 Like

@all you guys are amazing!
@Hashmalash you give me too much credit :blush:

I will be playing this morning on and off and hopefully a little later in the afternoon. I live in Belgium so Central European time zone.

My discord name (mittekemuis#7189) is the same as my forum name

1 Like

I fancy myself a gatherer. PM me at my message boxes on Malurialakrib. Hope you know it by now. It’s Pluto’s Refuge on Malurialakrib. Diamond mine for the free. I do a lot of exo gathering, and am very open to offers. I’m open to trade as well. I offer exo colors based on what I believe is appropriate as far as price. Visit my shop on Dzassak. Just run straight from ps hub and you’ll find it. Plants and boulders for sale or like I said we can pm and haggle.

Did I ever say they should not happen? No. Did I ever say that we should only have T2 or T3 Exo planets? No.

The game cannot only cater to those that are at the higher levels and have only content for those people. You drive away new players with that. The existing planets are static and don’t change. So lower level people deserve the right to see different planets and be able to experience new things.

It hurts NO ONE to have an exo that spawns that is T3 or T2 from time to time. Any player that cannot understand that really needs to think about the game as a whole instead of just their own self interests.

Not refined @RoMae if it is possible. I use a lot materials in their natural form :blush:

Did I say there should never be a T2 or T3? No.

Yup. In the same token, they need to add content for mid-level/maxed players to keep them interested & paying. Flip: “The game cannot only cater to those that are at the lower levels…” In MMOs, there are always cool things that players on a higher level have achieved, can reach, can craft, etc, that newer players can’t do yet. That’s a good thing. It gives everyone something to look forward to. It’s not possible for everything to be balanced and fair - that would be like creative mode and get boring in 5 seconds.

I’m not sure new players on a T2 have figured out how to travel to another planet on their own yet & it would probably confuse them when they try to build a home there.

They are trying to add T7/T8 planets & content to the game. There was a T5 exo - so dunno what the minimum level will be. There was another thread that pointed out a lot of people didn’t bother with the T5. They were waiting for a T7+ only.

5 Likes

Tbh, I’m one of those players. I think the T7s are exciting, and they give awesome new blocks (blink and stuff).

1 Like

It is not only a discussion about low level or new players against advantages high level or strong players.

It is the way you want to play the game a point of view. If you have bought boundless because you want to build beautiful buildings and/or craft you can’t do that before you have enough levels to actually either buy materials which for big building styles is still a major cost or you have to go through a grind of levelling and doing your fair share of mining and gathering.

in my opinion there isn’t a middle ground yet. I am hoping for farming to provide that middle ground. Farming to sell, farming to craft, farming to dye materials etc. You still have to mine or buy but you have an extra option available.

A long time ago I had hoped for boundless to leave us the option of creative servers but as far as I know that road closed and guild got in play other features got worked out. Which is fine of course. I bought in the game a long time ago knowing well enough that it wasn’t set in stone how the game would evolve.

I don’t want to really complain here because I have more or less adapted and yes if I was to join a big guild my option would be plenty but you simply don’t drop friends because they have to choose RL responsibilities over a game. Besides this community is so awesome and generous. What more can a boundless girl hope for :slight_smile:

Thank you again for all to help offered and please if there is things you think I can help with I too would like to be generous and awesome like you!

5 Likes