Expired Beacon Looting?

I was just wondering. Is there a period of time we should wait after a beacon expires before looting it?
I’ve come across expired beacons, some in buildings half gone to world regeneration. Seems a shame to leave it behind?

3 Likes

Nah it’ll rot in a few hours. Loot up, ask questions later.

7 Likes

You can try to find the owners or hold items, but really it’s finders keepers.

6 Likes

:musical_note: Find a base, loot it up
All day long, you’ll have good luck :musical_note:

12 Likes

make sure it is not in the process of being replotted from 1 character to another. if it is clearly expired or abandoned, it’s fair game. when on rare occasion I loot a place, I keep the stuff in storage for a couple of weeks in case the person shows up.

7 Likes

Loot like there’s no tomorrow! :smiley: then keep an eye on the forum incase anyone posts about losing their place.

Even then it’s fair game really, but polite to let them have it back in that case lol

5 Likes

I have 2 neighbors that plotted near my mansion on Raxxa to never return again. I can tell you that I will ransack those beacons and destroy everything (jokes on me, there is nothing to destroy apart from the beacon and a crafting table) the nanosecond I can. I am sure my other neighbors TopazMoon and NewDark won’t mind for a second.

3 Likes

no.
if you cannot log in 4 weeks (basic fuel)
you are not playing the game… you are just passing by.

5 Likes

Nop no wait just take what you want. When its regenerating. But like @Apt said make sure it is regenerating and not someone that is switching plots around.

2 Likes

You have to act in that moment and you have 2 choices.
Save it for the owner
Keep whatever you want for yourself

If you wait it will be regen and no one will have it

5 Likes

I know who you are talking about! they are my neighbors too :stuck_out_tongue:

if it’s wild, it’s gold, loot away come what may

2 Likes

When you find a expired beacon you jump on the forums and message @Ratchel and provide coords…then you walk away.

14 Likes

And remember, if you see a ‘beacon sniper’ who is just about to plot a poor citizen’s expired build… REGEN BOMB IT! :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

I usually plot the whole place wait a week or two and do what I want with it if the owner doesn’t return

1 Like

I’ve noticed that regen bombs leave behind storage and machines though…

3 Likes

I usually plot it drop a mailbox and a sign to contact me to have it returned. If nobody contacts me in a couple weeks… my hammers are mobilized and it disappears!!

3 Likes

Finding expired beacons is literally one of my favorite parts of the game lol
99% of the time its stuff that ill never need. But its like finding treasure.
Ive found the site of a expired beacon that i knew had an underground bunker filled with goodies, so i dug for an hour finding bits and pieces of it.

I FEEL LIKE some randomly RARE generated treasure chest deep underground with cool equip-ables would be really cool. and maybe spark some lore of Oorts past.

5 Likes

I Save Them for 2 weeks with a note on them then loot it if no reply

3 Likes

I know it must suck bad to come back to the game to find everything you worked for is completely gone but I have always gone by if it’s expired it is free game for looters . Most of the time it’s just a crafting table and maybe a workbench but every once in awhile you find a fully stocked workshop. IMHO it’s really not that hard to start over.

5 Likes