Explaining the Exchange

Does it mean infinite character slots?

How it works?

I quoted a post from @James a few times saying they can support tens of thousands of worlds and the number of worlds “can and will be massive.”

1 Like

@Kirinvar

5 Likes

So you only got 2 plot per lvl (first 10), if you do not want to spend irl money?

seems like it

And still have to choose between plots and other stuff…

2 Likes

i think you get them for other activities too, like passively getting them from mining, building and hunting, I think

Ultimately what I am reading here is your going to make this great game
Pay To Win

Please please please DONT!!!

Add a subscription fee!!!
But don’t go this route…

You will end up with
6000 different you tube videos with the Title Boundless is Pay to Win…
Steam reviews will plummet to all time lows.

And why? Because your assuming No one will enjoy your game enough to pay a subscription!
News flash your game is great! Its worth a subscription but doing THIS is going to open up the gaming world to calling you out as Pay to Win and when you do that you lose far more players then you would have turned away with the subscription fee…

And Also the people calling the game Pay to Win will be RIGHT
Pay to get an extra character slot???
Pay to easily swap your skill sets so 1 character can do everything and anything???
Pay to buy more plots???

^^^^None of that is cosmetic…

The one tried and true way to avoid Pay to Win accusations is to stick too Cosmetic’s!!!

However, I can tell you now that I love this game I would happily pay a sub but IF you do go this route where Omni’s real life wallet will allow him to run his In game shop and more easily undercut my prices then he already does. Because he will have a real life money advantage… Well that.s the day I walk out stage left…

none of this is pay to win
extra character slots means nothing if you don’t invest time to play the character, plots don’t add prestige you still have to work hard to get building materials to add prestige

being able to buy plots is really only for those who want to build large buildings, it doesn’t affect prestige
most of this is just cosmetics that you will be able to buy, except plots and it doesn’t say you can get another player slot, it just says you can get skill respecs, for paying cubits

3 Likes

What does prestige matter…

Prestige is not winning…

Pay to win is having an advantage inside of the game via the use of real life money that is pay to win…
More plots is more plots that prestige blocks can be placed thus higher prestige…
More charters is more skills to be able to do everything…
More skill sets is the ability to do everything even more simply…

If Me Sly Omni are all attempting to replace our missing inventory on our shop stands
And Omni has 3 skill sets he has purchased he will more easily be able to replace the inventory

On the Brew Stand the Food Stand the Forged weapon stand, the gem chisel stand, the compact hard coal stand…

Now sly he invested in 3 extra characters instead on the skill sets… and logs between the thee character to cook, brew, compact…

And then I am too cheep to spend my real life money or I don’t have the available disposable income… And I don’t have the ability to brew and compact hard coal then…

We have a disparity and my shop suffer’s… Omni will be able to do it faster then sly and sly will be able to do it but I won’t… And this is all based on different levels of monetary investment into the game…

Thus pay to win!

1 Like

there is no advantage to having more plots other then being able to build a bigger base
you don’t have to even pay to do anything you can already do in the game
none of this is pay to win
you are just making some stuff up, it doesn’t say anything about getting more character slots, only skill respecs
you can’t get resources like blocks and items from it either and having alts is what all mmo’s have any way, like in Wow I can have a healer character who makes bandages and potions for my warrior build, sorta like having alts in this game to do thing one character can’t

you are just making up a problem that isn’t really a problem in the beginning

1 Like

Blockquote you are just making some stuff up, it doesn’t say anything about getting more character slots,

Blockquote Appearance changes
Full Skill Reset
Skill Cleanse Points - respec skill points without a full reset
Character Slots - add an extra character to your account
Skill Sets - new skill trees applied to the same character e.g Max out combat, then go after exploration skills. You can then switch between these on the fly.

1 Like

ok I admit I may have missed that, but still an extra character means nothing if you don’t put time and effort into levelling it.

so it is still not a problem

2 Likes

Again your missing the point…

Omni puts time and effort in with MORE real life cash
Sly puts time and effort in with Less real life cash
and I put time and effort in with no real life cash

We all get different levels of accomplishment inside of the game with our time…

1 Like

I don’t get what you are trying to say they still have to work hard to get everything and to make the shops, having more characters just means they don’t have to rely on others to get what they need.

1 Like

Cubits can’t be used to get resources or speed up crafting, so it isn’t pay to win, all they are getting is another character slot to level up and play with, but said player slot doesn’t have any bonus that your starting slots don’t have, it is there if a player has filled there slots but still wants to play with more characters, to do other things or to have a private secret name so they aren’t followed by other players because they are famous in game or something

@SamF @Steggs101 can one of use help to clear this up for us

2 Likes

I challenge you to go to the sanctum and look up at the world you live on…
You will notice that the “Capital city is shown first” I noticed this alot as I have been working on a Sign I can read from the Sanctum… took 5 minutes for the globe to spin around to show Sparta and it Always started with Boundless Heights aka Gemporium as the first thing to see before Sparta became capital…

Also the Capital has this big Yellow icon on the hud that attacts new players… Combine these things and shop keeps get more foot traffic at Capitals generally… Thus Prestige and size of town does effect my win parameters where as it may not effect yours…

We all play games for various reasons I am a shop keeper and thus anything I can do to attract more traffic to my shop matters… if that means becoming capital then that;s something I will strive too… Its far easier to become capital with More plots thus Money definitely becomes a factor… If you can simply buy plots!

2 Likes

that just means that is where the world shows when you first load in it doesn’t mean anything, it is not like that they payed for such a thing to happened or because the have more characters or more plots.

and I don’t know where you got the whole capital show first on the world as it spins, I have never heard of such a thing on my time reading through posts.

1 Like

Skills my friend…

If you can’t make Advanced compactors you can’t compact Hard Coal…
^^^ One simple example

If you can’t brew then you can make healing brews
If you can’t cook you can’t make shielding pies…

One character cannot do all skills… if you can simply click a button and change your skill tree (Skill Set) buyable on the exchange then you don’t have to change characters saving you time…

If you don’t have enough character slots you could buy another character to brew… Again gives you leg up over the guy with less characters right?!?

2 Likes