Extra blocks for diagonal building

MUCH requested item.

3 Likes

Agree with mittekemuis

We neeeeed this 100% :+1:

3 Likes

Well I was thinking about that yesterday and I came to the conclusion that the not precise gem chisels (so ruby, amethyst and emerald) could be used to do some new types of chiseling cause let’s be real we don’t absolutely need the not precise gem chisels since we have the epic skill that is needed anyway to use the more precise fonctions of the precise chisels.

Oortstone Precise Slant Chisel

:shard::nerd_face::grimacing::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I use the non precise ones as to not waste dura on the precise ones. Why would I want to use a precise square chisel on a lucent floor or remove a skill of my builder spec. I know @Ratchel uses both kinds of gem chisels as well. We can’t be the only ones.

2 Likes

Same here; you’re not.

1 Like

I’m not saying I’m not using them. But if it meant the possibility to get more shapes? I’d be willing to make that sacrifice. Or use a skill page without the chiseling epic.

Oortstone chisels? Yes, please. :+1:

Personally before adding yet more new chisel types, Fixing existing types should be looked at as well. Would love to build some proper rooves, but because the way inner slope corners are shaped, that’s not quite possible to do cleanly.

1 Like

@james Could you have a recipe that you combine a base chisel with a ‘gem/ingot’ (for example), the item itself would have a ‘gem/ingot’ on the model so it’s obvious which it is, and that chisel is the square/slope/bevel/lattice/‘other’.

Then the same with another metal type for the precise. This could also save having to use a forge for the lattice.

Incoming high-tech art-work rendition!

Btw hi all, it’s been a while!

4 Likes

Hi! waves

Basically chisel augments!

We could change the whole chisel lineup with this. Precise versions are the same as the non-precise they just need a precise chisel augment! A lattice chisel augment, an unchisel chisel augment, etc.

But since we then have more unused chisels suddenly too we can repurpose them to be lattice chisels etc.

3 Likes

Chisel augments … Good Idea … that realy could be the answer for it.
I love it :+1:

Oh yeah, forgot about augments. I’ve not played for so long, and even then I barely used those. Perhaps the use they need!

2 Likes

As someone who uses a lot of chisels - please don’t make this an augment. Augments last for like 20 hits. This would be terrible.

However, these diagonal pieces, and round pieces, would be great.

1 Like

Chisel augments should last as long as the chisel itself, problem solved…

3 Likes

I really like the ideas and new shapes presented, but I’m struggling to envisage how they would work from a practical standpoint.

What I mean is: which parts of the block do you hit with a new tool in order to get the desired outcome? Taking the first two rows (I think that’s one design and then an upside-down variant) it looks kind of like you chisel away 7 corners… but how do you make the upside down version compared to the other? Does it just know to “add in” a diamond with no corners if you take out all 4 corners from a specific pane? If it does, can you ever get the corner-less diamond part of the shape on a side face of a block?

I think if you can talk through that aspect of it more, you’re more likely to get traction with James. I can’t think of a good way. The best I could come up with would be a new system of block moulds for complex shapes. Apply a mould to a placed block, and it morph to the shape of the mould. In combination with a block-rotating chisel, that might be a workable solution.

Either way, I’d be really nice if chisels were to highlight the part of the block they are going to remove. That way you can see what will happen before you do it, and might help to make any other solutions more intuitive to use.

1 Like