Slope Chisel Woes

I’m trying to build a roof here, using slope chiseling to create the slanted roof design. My problem is these inside corners don’t really work well for the style of roof I’m doing.

Is there any way I could get slope inside-corners to create a straight line between the two “planes” of my sloped roof here instead of this more “Organic” shaped inside corners we got now?

5 Likes

Unfortunately it’s a shape we’re missing. I made a post about this some time ago;

9 Likes

When I click in to view that post/thread, I get told I don’t have permission to access it.

e: Nice ninja-edit there.

1 Like

Ops, just realised it was a private message. There’s the image though.

2 Likes

Been wanting this shape for so long! :heart:

5 Likes

I would like this as well, unfortunately it doesn’t really follow with the chisel logic. There would need to be a chisel that targets lines rather than corners. Another one that I really want is super fine bevelling, and on a whole nother level, being able to chisel 2x2 plots and shrink it to a single block. Mini figures!

2 Likes

Or a rounding chisel

3 Likes

You can actually do roof like this but its gonna be pretty tall

Can’t you get past this problem using a iron and gold chisel? I feel like I’ve done this design before successfully :thinking: maybe not though.

You’ll just start removing the valley entirely unless you carry on as the OP is doing. There’s no ‘clean’ method currently of making a roof valley.

There’s the OP’s method, which has the jagged edge problem;

There’s the sloped valley method, but you’ll end up with a large flat surface and remove the valley entirely;

Same thing with iron and gold, @Cookviper;

You could step the roof. It won’t look as nice close up, but from afar it’ll look fine;

Or go full Minecraft and just go the voxel route;

Like I said - there are no clean methods, but plenty of work arounds. It really depends how close people will be getting to said roof. A lot of these methods will suffice for the bigger picture, but if you’re pedantic - like me - then it’ll always irk you.

5 Likes

Ill prove you wrong sensei o.o

1 Like

Please do so! I know of one semi clean method, but it isn’t exactly a work around, as it requires you to have your entire build on a 45° angle;

2 Likes

I do the corner stepping stones area in a different color and material so it looks like an intentional accent

More chiselforms would be sweet tho

3 Likes

This, so much this. I don’t want to sidestep the problem, I don’t want to throw bandaids at it. I also don’t want to use a non-clean method, so what I have decided for now is to do away with the dormers for my attic space because I cannot shape the roof the way I want.

1 Like

Don’t go throwing the idea out just yet. @Buugi claims to have a method.

I have to say though, I’ve spent far too long on this problem, on multiple settlements over the course of a few years. I’ve had this discussion many times, and put together ideas with a bunch of other top builders - and so far I’ve not found any clean method.

It’s a certain shape that doesn’t exist. I absolutely hope to eat my words here and have @Buugi prove me wrong.

3 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

hey man… gimme a break… i got four kids.

2 Likes

Your breaktime is over now show us the magic!

2 Likes

@Pseudonym84
yeap… i did try this and ended up with same results as you.

i looked some of my older screenshots and i have used the sloped valley variant where you end up with “big flat area”.

Yes i was wrong.
now stop pinging me thank you.

2 Likes