After reading through a lot of the testing posts and it does bring up some concerns.
First, I would like to set up that let’s keep the posts he positive. It’s ok to point out problems, but lets try to think of solutions too and also discuss the reasons things are problems. The goal is to make a helpful post to the devs and hopefully make this a better game for all players!
The concerns I have are as follows:
- Removing the drops from blocks (like berries and yams) renders a lot of people’s in-game regen farms as inert.
- Removing the drops from blocks forces people to use more plots to actually get plants they could previously get just by spending a few minutes elsewhere
- Farming has a less then 1:1 ratio of return even on a min-maxed farm
What I suggest instead:
- Keep the drops from blocks for regen farming which already has it’s own place and economy attached.
- Instead, change farming to be a stable, passive way to get resources regularly. Allow people to be either/or/ or both.
- Make a machine that can turn produce into seeds so you will always be able to keep farming.
Instead of lowering the amount of supply in the market, lets raise demand. Venerable gum was a good way to require more of the earthyams. Let’s do more of that.
Counterpoint before someone posts it:
- Even if the Devs didn’t intend on regen farming being the way it is, there seems to be a place and a way for people to effectively run their shop in a much quicker format then having to wait 8 hours to get some plant to grow. Having both as options seems the best bet.
What are your thoughts? Let’s have a good discussion about this friends!