Farming is not for me

For the person who gathered the diamonds, and made the tools, both of those have hard time gates on them. There is a minimum time needed to get those materials, just as there is a minimum time needed to grow crops.

In the case of crops (as opposed to forging) you can plant them and then go do something else.

I gotta say, these were also the things I was hoping Farming in Boundless would be.

At the very least, this update will bring new liquids to play with, and organic/in-organic crops will be permanent, so you’ll be able to use those to decorate your build. But if that’s all the good I can get out of the update… uuuuh, yeah, not good enough Wonderstruck.
I’m still somewhat looking forward to finding earthyams and starberries in their own wild crops made just for that, though. But alternatives, man, yeah, it’s plain dumb to remove alternatives.

As for the Oort thing, that’s what I was hoping the combustion/kindling-mass were gonna be. Honestly, I’ve never had a problem with plain ol’ compacted hard coal. My furnaces are always full of fuel, my spark generator is always above 1.5 million sparks… and I’m not a big grinder/farmer!!!
Are there actually people who really need these? :open_mouth:

Don’t you guys have phones?

4 Likes

That is another big issue, ONLY starberries and earthyams drop their actual mats all other farmables only drop seeds. This is a good concession for new players food source but completely removes choices in how to gather everything else.

2 Likes

If I have an AOE shovel yams don’t fall in my lap…I have to go spend hours breaking mud.

And if you can buy all the rest to skip the time above…you can buy seeds and they will grow and you will have your stuff.

This buzz ‘time gated’ isn’t a thing. It all takes time.

The seeds are not the time gate part and neither is the gathering, its waiting for them to grow and nothing speeds that up and then you have to go gather the seeds AGAIN.

1 Like

How are you getting the resources now.

Here. I will plant 3 seeds…and go build my base. What are you doing to get those crops?

Are you going to a farm and breaking blocks? (Takes active time). Are you running around the surface with a globe (takes active time).

We can meet back up at my base…my stuff will be grown and the same time will be taken.

‘time gated’? Lol I think not. I would rather have it be passive then active.

Ohhh do you want exotic yams? Go spend hours farming and you can’t do anything else.

Or

Just plant some seeds then go do something else and come back and will get it.

Remember getting the seeds isn’t the issue. We can all just buy them. So where is the time gate? It all seems like the same amount of time.

I personally spent 4 hours gathering reactive lamella . If they make a plant for reactive lamella and I buy the seeds …wait 4 hours…there is no time gate lol

Gathering as it stands takes a huge amount of time…and even with the update you can skip the time and just buy them grown from Farmers.

#notbuyingthetimegate

Other balance concerns around yield? Yes.
Time gated? No

2 Likes

You have to spend hours farming those seeds, the same amount of time you would have put into farming them before only now you have to wait up to 11 hours before you get your mats.

Talking%20to%20Themselves

2 Likes

Nope,

Because to farm them now I need tools and survival skills.

After the update I can just buy the seeds and grow them.

Now I have to buy the tools and hunt them.

I don’t see the difference

There’s something that feels wrong in that statement.

You spend most of your post saying “it’s basically easier with farming” as if you don’t need to gather stuff outside anymore, but when it comes to the seeds, you’re like “eh, you can buy them”.
Why bother with the seeds, then, why not just buy the mats, if “we can all just buy” stuff?
So then, you can already buy the mats. No need for farming.

3 Likes

Exactly lol.

Because in a previous post he mentioned buying the tools. Let’s do it all from scratch:

Current AOE farming:
Gather materials for tools, make the tools , get centraforge stuff, put AOE on it, go to the farm, gather for hours, tools break repeat.

Farming:
Gather materials for tools, make tools, gather seeds, grow them (wait hours)

They honestly aren’t that different in terms of time.

We all just have amassed AOE tools and farm locations so we keep ignoring that part of the equation…but there is so little difference

1 Like

You are forgetting that most of the mts being moved to farming could also be surface gathered with no investment. And you did not have to wait 11 hours after gathering them to use them =D

1 Like

I just spent 4 hours gathering exotic earthyams dodging teir 5 mobs…works out to be the same amount of time as farming…all that matters is the yeild

How much you think these seeds where buying will cost? 20c,50c,100c each maybe more. How much you think these pies were buying will cost currently they sell for 300c each I believe. Maybe they will go back up to 1500c each maybe more. Is that a good thing?

The biggest difference as I see it is that it is another timegate added to it. When you regen farm you instantly get the items. Now that I am spending that time farming seeds to have to plant them, I’ll be lucky to get everything planted after farming that night, but lets say I do in my play time. I still can’t even start my pies until the following day so I can’t even use them until the day after that.

5 Likes

After doing so did you have to wait 6 hours before you could use your exotics?

2 Likes

Buuuuuuuuuuut the point @redlegdaddy is trying to make (I think?) is that farming is just removing an option for those who aren’t into farming.

I’ll say it again, I’m all for options. If farming is all about screwing over those who like the dynamics of mud farms and stuff like that, it’s not cool.

4 Likes

How do you get seeds?

Regen farm you would have been protected and wouldn’t have had to worry about them mobs. Probably took 1/2 the time. Plus also been able to have waxy yams with the exotic. I remember doing that running around and dieing probably 3 times. Suffering from death penalty as results.

1 Like