Farming is not for me

Nope! Lol I found the time gate!

Man, I feel dense as a rock lol

You wanting both makes total sense! I can’t believe I didn’t see it. I was too focused on the time for AOE farming

2 Likes

Well, Tagris says you can buy them! Don’t you guys have coins? :smiley:

But more seriously, you’ll get seeds from nodes that you’ll find in the wild. Each crop will have its own node model, now.

Prolly sarcasm but I am trying to make my point that you have to still gather and that gathering takes the same amount of time and then there is another step after. Aoe farms were a way to compensate for how grindy surface gathering can be for those mats and that is being removed while also increasing the grind.

Indeed and starberry and earthyam wild crops will drop their mats but all other crops will only drop seeds.

I mean, are the seeds locked into high tier worlds?

I don’t think so.

On testing, I’ve quickly found some earthyam and starberries nodes on my starting world.
But I can’t say for the rest.

Not at all totally genuine. I got tunnel vision with the AOE farming and the backlog, didn’t think about the surface resource gather time + plant grow time

You probably explained it in another post too and I missed it! Sorry for that :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The higher tier organics will be on higher tier worlds while the inorganic crops will only be on exo planets.

Great. Wonderful.

Ah, yeah, if you wanted to quickly play around with goo to spray-paint stuff, ha-ha, you’re screwed, man! XD

Also, @Tagris , you gotta take into account that to have an optimized farm, you won’t just need your hand-tiller. You’ll need a tool centraforged with venerable gum to have the new “liquid breaker” boon which is the only way to collect water.
You know, because adding new bucket recipes/gameplay weren’t making enough sense. XD

5 Likes

I may have to bail out of this game for good. They are taking it in exactly the opposite direction (IMO) they should be going.

Why the $%^&&% would you get rid of the existing farming? Let them work in concert. Stop nerfing things.

Stop hooking everything to forging. Forging is terrible.

I wanted an addition to the game that cut out grind, not another layer of additional grind.

You can color blocks now. Brilliant. Tell me when we can farm goo on non-hazard worlds. Stop locking content to high tier worlds. They are annoying and I don’t want to go there.

Your decorative crops die? Are you kidding me? Why bother then?

Grind grind grind grind grind.

8 Likes

goo is not for fools
but once we heard how it is called the united farmers want it

Honest to god, when Hytale gets out, I think Boundless is gonna straight-up die like a leaf on fire.
I don’t think it’ll be able to survive with just those who are like “yay, impermanence is fuuuun!”.
If people have to chose between “yay, building, grind, chores, challenge, risk, maintenance, routines!” and “yay, building, modding EVERYTHING with creation tools, RPG, stories, minigames” etc, with the current mindset Wonderstruck is aiming their game to, it’s going to burn.
BUUUURN!

I find the mutation mechanic of goo odd as I do not see how it will function when you are getting fewer and fewer seeds each cycle until you have to resupply from an exo and start over.

1 Like

Let me be clear, I have a huge plot sitting vacant, waiting for crops. I’ve been SOOO excited for this update.

I just don’t understand why they are trying so hard to court hardcore gamers. Know your audience. It’s casual, make the mechanics casual.

I will say, you guys are talking about seeds and mutations and I didn’t see any of that in the testing thread, so I’m missing something I still need to read.

But the idea that I have to visit the 7th level of Hell just to paint my house has me fit to be tied…and if anyone says “just buy them” I will chew my gum in a snappy manner at you and you wont like it.

6 Likes

I would not accept reduction drops, that would definitely have me doing no farming. I know that I don’t farm much, just mainly for the exotic yams that are hard for me to get.

Right now I feel as if this game has lost it’s appeal. I have to gather to get the items to make food that I use to trade for the mats I need for forging.

If I have to farm them, I won’t have time to build and take care of a farm and harvest it; I will have to the time to make the pies to trade with, plus gather what else I will need to make the forged items – then make them.

I have a lot of time to play, but not the desire to play and do all of that. If I don’t farm then I have to buy the items I need for the pies and other food and for the forging. I won’t make enough coins to be able to afford that.

If they cut back what can be gathered in farms, that will be the icing to the cake.

I’m going to give it time, see what happens, what changes are made as the devs read responses, make adjustments. I’m just hoping I’m not being too negative about it.

13 Likes

All of this.

6 Likes

Now that, I think, might be a biiiig assumption.
Everytime I go in a big hunt organized by those big Ultima guilds and all, I always hear them on Discord, wondering when Wonderstruck is going to release the next big challenge.
HOWEVER, I do think those might indeed not be the majority. Or are they?

ten charac

Goo slowly changes tint depending on the planet it is farmed on, this however become pointless with the low seed return xd