Farming is not for me

Thanks for the info, guys.

It’s worse than I thought.

2 Likes

What did you want? It sounds like you just want a creative mode or something. Or for the game to be solo friendly? The farming is meant to be a profession like hunting or forging. Its meant to be a specialization. Someone who farms isn’t supposed to also be a hunter and a forger and a miner. You’re supposed to trade.

I gather you want to be able to do everything but then it wouldn’t be an mmo.

2 Likes

There is NOTHING wrong with high end content. In The Division I’m never going into the Dark Zone. I’m okay with that. Add plenty of that, too.

But they are making the BASIC mechanics more and more grindy.

And grind =/= difficulty. It’s just an annoying time sink. It’s not like we are grinding for gear, we’re grinding for freaking seeds.

And THAT would be fine…as long as seeds are self-perpetuating. But they’re not, of course. More grind.

3 Likes

Like craft Ancient essences,compact coal, Fuel beacons,fuel portals,fill shop stands,SORT misc stuff,farm more stuff to make stuff you need to finally do what you want “Something else”?

2 Likes

Preach

2 Likes

I think you are spot on to wait and see :]

3 Likes

LESS GRIND.

I want to be self sufficient and not have to go to high tier worlds.

If you want me to buy stuff, give me a way to make far more money without leaving my house. I have stuff to build.

Which I’m not doing. Because grind.

It’s a voxel game. BE a voxel game.

5 Likes

I don’t really see anything in this game, mechanics-wise, that is challenging. The largest challenge for many gamers will be finding the time to enjoy the different facets of this game. It’s actually the biggest thing holding me back for enjoying everything the game has to offer. It’s not an off the wall idea that time-strapped individuals will see farming as something that is a push backwards for them when farming releases. That doesn’t mean it won’t be more time efficient in the long run though, we just haven’t seen enough of it to really understand how its all going to work.

As I mentioned earlier in a reply to @Tagris, initially you will lose some because you can’t get your stuff cooking instantly, so time-strapped folks will lose an extra day growing stuff before they can start their mass crafts. Down the road, once we all transition, its entirely possible most of us will keep fields filled with enough for guaranteed masscrafts of items ready to harvest at any time. At that point, it definitely becomes faster to have farming than it does to go aoe regen.

3 Likes

While i agree to what you wrote, for many it is the road leading to the reward that Counts.
And the current and near future road Looks very bumpy for many. :slight_smile:
So how to remove some of the bumps i wonder.

What’s wrong with high tier worlds?

Oh Believe me when I see a hole in the market coming Im all prepared to capitalize on it. My real issue is if its hard on me to grind (and I enjoy it) and im financially sound in game what about the guy whos not or the new players.

I mean Im gonna go with the flow I’m not rage quitting like some might but I do like to look at the flip side of the coin and the potential for new player overgrind may not be the best look forward.

I will wait and see too maybe add crops above my mud n clay farms Im trying to best strategize and optimize with what I have and the info I have so not throwing in the towel.

Grind isn’t a challenge. It’s just time consuming. Players who hunt meteors are the type who are interested in a challenge. I don’t think many of the people I used to hunt with are at all interested in yet more grind.

The majority now seem to be those that can tolerate the grind. And that population appears to be shrinking over time.

4 Likes

This is a good attitude. The stuff was just released to testing. Now is the time to make your case heard on changes, so the game be balanced the best it is. Devs also want to know if the farming is enjoyable and what changes could be made to it.

1 Like

And here lies the problem.

It’s not.

It’s a shared world. There is a difference. These are the type of mechanics you add to a gear grind game. But there is no gear. There are just endless stacks of grind.

They would get far more players if they stopped the MMO delusion. You’re online Minecraft, not WoW.

I haven’t played in weeks. I was waiting for farming so I could finally have an alternative to hunting and having to gear up for high tier worlds. What else would be the point.

Having to obtain seeds? All good.
Needing to make sure you have proper irrigation. Great.
Giving you ways to optimize your build for maximum crop and seed output. Fantastic.

Having seeds not reproduce 1:1…bad
Having to constantly replenish your seeds and resources. Terrible.
Making goo only available on exoworld? Awful.
Having the farming not produce hunting drop equivalents? What is even the point?

They need to go to the Matrix and visit the Oracle.

Know Thyself.

4 Likes

My biggest issue is taking away something to add something else that is already admittedly not balanced. Why not balance first before you remove. Im telling you this game walks a fine line with people at this point in time. Taking away a mechanic that people not only rely on but have spent hours to build and perfect can certainly push someone on the edge off game completely.

Like Uacko said here the grinders that dont mind the grind are the vast majority at this point and eventually even WE get tired.

7 Likes

For the record…I hope I am proven wrong. I want to come back so bad. But, so far, this is not going to do it.

Maybe once I see it in action.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m kinda glad they did this with a forging solution. Why? I sell forged gear and since block farms will be used way, way less once thise farming update goes Live I will most likely sell less 3x3 shovels and axes. So having something else to replace that income with seems like a good idea to me…

3 Likes

To be honest, I still feel that Hytale needs to prove itself first. There’s nothing released yet, not even a beta, they have nice dev writeups, nice videos, but Boundless has had trailers and such too with things that are still not fully implemented.

I understand you want it to be what you hope it will be but I’m trying to be realistic about it and think of it as ‘could be neat if they actually release it with not too many bugs and all the stuff they promised’.

Also helps that I can’t probably play it until they release it on Steam :wink:

Also, don’t forget that half the players here are actually on PS4, they can’t play Hytale even if they wanted to…

5 Likes

Wish i could heart this post ten times. Even though you sound angry imo you have every right to be =/

This is probably the most anticipated patch ever in boundless and if released anywhere near its current test state will also be the biggest disappointment.

On the large scale of things isn’t farming tedious enough that you have to plant mass amounts of seeds then maintain them and harvest them?

Why add another step of gathering the seeds when it doesn’t add anything interesting or fun. It only makes it far more tedious.

I have to wonder if this is a case of developers changing something for the sake of change despite the change making the mechanic much less fun.

Definitely understand wanting to be different than the games that came before you but if you cant do it in a better more engaging way please for the love of your games population leave it the same.

11 Likes

After I reading this thread, this why i told my guildy don’t expect too much about “Boundless Version of Farming”.
Its not hard to imagine how it looks and how it works base on what they did on earlier patch and direction.

I do feel farm need to nerf, but you guys should nerf forge aoe and damage boon effect not farm drop rate.
I guess the purpose is because the population drop too fast, so you guys need more “grind” to keep players stay in the game ?

Don’t make me wrong, personally I really enjoy grind in other game, just not in boundless.
There are a lot of way for you guys to create “fun” grind system, and you guys choose the worse way which is “gathering”.

People don’t like gathering this why they create “player’s farm” system.
Also a lot of people expect farm to minus their gathering time, so they can focus on other content they love for example “build”.

I don’t know where to check the ps4 players base so i can’t tell the number, but the steam players deta looks very terrible, and its getting worse day by day.

Just an advice here again, try to listen to players, and create the game can attract most people to join, not a piece of art only your team and few fans want to support it. MMORPG is a business, not an art or any kind of design. So make sure you guys understand “majority” of player’s opinion.

After i take a break from boundless again, my life become so much easier :slight_smile:
I still want to enjoy the game some time i think, but when i back i wish to see the game with a lot of players walk around in all the city, not tons of ghost town can’t even see a ghost.

Anyways, good luck Boundless and good luck Devs team.
And maybe its a time to plan the other wipe and new system new world.
Right now i don’t really feel the game can go up to what it was and what we expected.
Maybe a restart is a good option to save this game.

3 Likes