Farming is not for me

Most people =/= a sample size of one.

And yet he also literally said this:

What I saw James say is that the drop rates of seeds and yields can be adjusted when you harvast, don’t think he meant to say they are going to change what it says in the patchnotes (I hope they do tho, but still). Sure this can also be adjusted, but the patchnotes clearly state the intention was to not have berry and tuber crops drop a yield as well…

You don’t say? Wow, wonder what I’ve been doing all day then on Testing looking at a spreadsheet, oh wait, I didn’t!

Hmm, I tried to find what he said and indeed he says they can change it, my bad!
Still, fact remains that the patchnotes says otherwise, perhaps that should be changed that that idea is not final either…

I’ll keep an open mind on this for now. I am not feeling very enthusiastic, though. So many seem pretty cheesed off just now. I agree, however, with @majorvex , why does this update need to negate certain drops from block farming? I prefer collecting mud and exotic yams together. I use the yams for my persisting pies, and it’s quick to kill two birds with one stone. Buying pies and/or exotic yams is just too expensive. Farming sounds like it’s going to consume my time, which is already consumed with running the shop that earns me coin. There is not enough time in a day to do all that’s needed. Crafting,mining,farming and restocking shop. I don’t have time for building anything much now. I hope we’re all just getting our proverbial knickers in a twist for nothing, though. I feel for the devs, too. It can’t be easy addressing these issues. Although, if we don’t express our concerns, then the devs really would have trouble addressing anything!

:wink:

4 Likes

Right now, and I am willing to wait and see what happens first, I am seeing that I enjoy gathering and I will get less for the work. Having to farm will take up my time that I don’t have enough of as I have to gather what I need for making pies to trade for what I can’t get for forging, trophies, eyes, sac some other items.

I can gather the needed bitter beans and reactive lamella, but not the items on hunts and I don’t have time for the hunts and also don’t like jumping from up in the sky to land on the ground and not die, heights scare me so that keeps me from joining in hunts.

Gathering what I need for the pies and forging, then making them as they have so many steps and take up so much time in gathering and making that I won’t have time to farm is what worries me, so then I have to buy? That means no coins for other things I want or prefer to buy.

Unless there are changes and I am going to have to do more grinding, which I see as just flat out busy work and I DON"T like as much as I am now having to do more of it, I won’t continue to play the game.

But, I will give it time to see what the finished “product” is, the farming and how it affects my wild gathering and growing what I need. Then I will decide if I stay playing or throw in the towel and say bye to BL.

1 Like

You have a point. The last few patches after it went live they just referred to the testing patch notes.

Ugh I hope it changes

Ha! I just edited my previous reply to you, I found the post you talked about and he indeed mentions they can change that too. I thought he was only referring to the grown crop drops. So you were right in that he said they can, tho I do hope they also will do it…

I also think that shovelling mud should give some exo yams for instance, but perhap less than currently is the case. If they make it so that farming is the best way to get exo yams (for instance) then eventually people will wanna try it, but they still can do without if absolutely necessary.

So I think that both adding a yield drop to the wild plants for all plants AND lowering the secondary drop rate and not removing it might be the best way to go if done in such a way that farming is always clearly the better option…

5 Likes

The thing is, exotic yams are not as abundant from mud as the waxy yams. I gather stack after stack of mud (that’s fine, I use it) just to get enough exotic yams for one mass batch of pies. If they lower the rate for exotic yam drops, then it’s less room in my inventory to carry all the mud. Lessen the waxy yams would make more sense. I think? Lol. Or, increase the blooming inventory space. Lol. :rofl:

2 Likes

The test server only exists for testing if the code works, any discussion of balance is out of bounds you angry, crazy player!

1 Like

Since all yams can be grown it would be lowered then for all of them.

LOL

Am crazy tho! :smiley:

1 Like

I only said this aenea because i received the message from both players and devs that the test server is for testing systems not balance and I should stop talking about balance XD. People need to remember that only basic Earthyams and basic Starberries can be gathered from wild crops, ALL other crops only drop seeds.

1 Like

This is still a public forum isn’t it? We can talk about suggestions and all that jazz so we can talk about how the current balance is on the testing servers…

2 Likes

I ran around on the test server planets to see what all I could gather from the surface, without farming at all & I was surprised. I was able to collect a lot of seeds/bulbs.

4 Likes

I gather bitter beans for forging, I’d never sell them as even using the farms I don’t seem to get much. I did reorganize my skills and need to check them out, but I don’t mind some gathering, it can be fun, but if I have to farm, do gathering in what I can’t farm and there are less of them too find, that takes away time that I need to make pies to trade for what I need for forging and the forging I do for myself and a couple of others.

I have to gather sap, berries (all three types), exotic yams, sweet, bitter and spicy beans, reactive lamella, sand, soil, all three leaves types, all of the fragments, all three bloods, all glands and sacs, eyes, trophies, all of the orbs, a lots of shimmering orbs, petals, opals, mantle, flint, make glass. And I won’t go into the list for making pies and some other foods. That takes a LOT (emphasis, not shouting) of time.

Toss in the making of what is needed in creating pies, how long it takes to make the items;’ it takes over I think in all 12 hours just for the fortified milk. And yes, while that is being made I go and gathering, but each process I have to go back to go from making milk, then purified milk, then fortified milk, then fortified butter. Berries have to be gathered, turned into sap, leaves make into sackcloth, then syrup into sugar and that takes time.

There are too many steps in making food, in making mats for forging, and that gives me little time to farm, so that will end up having me stop playing BL. It will be too grindy, to much of having to go so many different directions that it will destroy the fun in the game. Don’t mind some grinding, but not as much as I am doing right now and trying to keep a shop stocked to have coins to buy what I need, right now a lot more coils for more machines.

I’m not bailing out, yet. I will give it time for the testing to be finished, see how the farming goes, what I can gather on my own, do some farming and see if it helps or makes it harder. Then decided if it is too much and takes the fun out of the game. Then, I will quit. I’ll keep GC to see what happens later on in the game, check in every two or three months, but not play every day like I do now.

And there won’t be any new players, when they hear all the complaining about how the farming has more grinding, more skills points needed so it makes it hard in other areas, and it makes it harder to do others things.

7 Likes

Can the crops be picked up with a shovel?
And they deffo Need a better hit box.

They share the hitbox design of grass, strike the block the are on. Using a bit of gleam in your offhand makes this easy. Crops can not be picked up.

Ok thank you.
But is gatherer skill affecting drop rate/ is luck affecting drop rate?

No, it does not affect drop rate.

Yes, you can harvest crops with a shovel, but you don’t have to.

2 Likes

I used a Wood Shovel with AOE 4 and no added damage, also did a wood totem with AOE 4. works good.

Sorry i missed the word wild then, but i take it wild crops cannot be shoveled.