Farming is not for me

true but it sounds like we will only get minor tweaks so the timegate and grind will be a little less but its still going to be there the only saveing light is maybe the devs may set it so we wont have to run around after evey harvest to get more seeds but even then it will just force people to have to spend even more plots to get there farm to the size to be able to handle both a plant and seed yield

edit i forgot that we are runing on “test” times right now so will admit its too early to commit on the timegate bit

1 Like

We just have to hope that the times for crops to mature are not shorter in test than they will be in live or the time gating will be worse not better.

2 Likes

I personally don’t mind the grind in this game its just core of the gameplay. Its just missing more fun type activities between the building and the shop keeping that I feel the game is missing on. Really enjoyed the gleambow event. Also would be cool to have more of a competitive type of gameplay between the guilds.

Idea just came to me… Let me know what you guys think.

Each Guild gets a Guild power chest. I essence this is the power of the Guild. The value of the chest is determined by the number of the ppl in the guild and a base value. For example base of 100 and 50 ppl in a guild so the chest has a value of 150. The power can be stolen from the chest by other members of different guilds. To unlock and steal the power there is RNG one number code 1-10 so 10% chance to unlock at the cost of 1 million coin. The Guild with the most POWER would be considered rulers of the galaxy and would have access to a special crown headgear and other perks and they may come with it.

1 Like

I would have to disagree with this. A shared world would be like Terraria or Minecraft where you can invite other people to share your world. Or not. Or just play it local.

Boundless is very much an MMO. Hundreds of players connecting to the servers & coming & going as they please.

Some MMOs have more PVE than others, some more PVM than others, etc. Just because BL doesn’t have a bunch of customization or equipment yet, doesn’t mean it’s not an MMO. That has nothing to do with gear. I’ve played some MMOs where I couldn’t customize my avatar at all - one gender, one race, one outfit, one hairstyle.

From what I’ve seen with farming so far, some plants don’t need any liquid & you can even just run around & collect some from the wild. I think some people will farm, some will farm certain items only, & some will just buy the items instead.

A new player on a lush lvl 1 should not be able to obtain the most rare items/plants. Level one planets should not have the same resources as the most difficult high tier planets. This is the same with all MMOs. There has to be a hook, progression.

I can’t go into a special Everdark planet to upgrade my gems in Trove until I have the ability to reach a level 8 world - which takes awhile to achieve. Players aren’t even allowed to go into the special high-yield mines in RS until they’ve reached a certain level & have certain skills. The fun part is having something to look forward to & something to work towards.

6 Likes

I would like to add that I don’t think it was necessary to remove the current methods of farming, in order to add the new methods. Maybe the new farming methods could be balanced against the current ones so they can be synergistic?

In other MMOs, there are usually multiple methods to do/obtain things. If I can’t reach a certain dungeon yet, I can run around collecting the drops from doing other things. It works fine…one method doesn’t negate the other.

6 Likes

I think this is something a lot of people have lost sight of… me somewhat included… i haven’t weighed in on the farming update yet, but if certain things are being pushed through then no amount of numbers can bring it into balance (imo). I am talking about the removal of block and resource drops.

The one thing i will always agree on is
Choices.
The more choices we have the better.
I will not want to play this game if the only way to make food (worth eating) is by farming it.

There should always be more than one way to get the resources we need.

3 Likes

There is more than one way. You either grow it yourself or collect it from the wild plants :man_shrugging:

Personally I’m happy for resources to continue dropping from some blocks, but I don’t want them to be anywhere near as effective as the current regen farming meta. It needs to be much lower than current levels.

5 Likes

Keep regen farming the way it is. I find no fun in crop farming. It seems tedious to accomplish when I could be building or hunting.
I know surface gathering is not enjoyable or there would be more spicey and bitter beans in the market for a decent price.
And yes you could always buy the finished products, but the same could be said about oort and people who hate hunting would still rather afk hunt than purchase oort. So… yeah

3 Likes

And if growing/farming beans were added into the mix at a later date?

I know. I was talking about the drops from desert swords and soil/mud.
Those are removed in testing.

This.
This has been a gripe for me too. Was hoping we’d be able to farm beans…
But with the mechanics (and the numbers) the way they are, I wouldnt touch em. I know the numbers can and will change though.

The tweak to farming I would like to see most is the ability to get seeds from the yam/berry/crop itself. That way I would be fine with a less than 1:1 seed return.

1 Like

That would be a great addition and give people more reason to attempt surface gathering as those items are much more valuable.

There is no collecting from the wild plants except for regular earthyams and regular starberries…

So the only ways are: growing them, or buying them… (or buy the seeds and grow them)

1 Like

That would be perfect if it is indeed ADDED and not REPLACING like is now the case…

Honestly, I always hoped I could get most of my bean needs by growing them myself…

2 Likes

Speak for yourself. I find surface gathering very relaxing. And I sell at least half of the beans I gather. Most of my coin comes from Spicy/Bitter Beans and Glowing Lamella.

1 Like

I love to gather surface resources too! I was just thinking…if farming doesn’t float my boat, then I will just be doing a lot more gathering. lol

James literally said balance concerns will be addressed when the test go live which includes:

Random drop of the resource (exotic yams) rates from surface resources (plant bushes)
Drop rates of seeds
Yield of the plants

The test server is just testing the systems. Does planting a seed work? When you put lava in your beacon does it work? Does using fertilizer work?

^ all that is being tested.

All other numbers are just test numbers on a spread sheet that can be easily changed.

1 Like

Well your one of very few or bitter beans wouldnt be at 70c each where as the most you pay for the berries and yams is 30-40 for exotic yams. Which is fair because the drop rate is already so low, I fill 12 shop stands with mud to get enough for 2 pie mass crafts. And stuff like berries and earth/waxy yams can be found for 0.5c-1c.

It’s also possible the beans are so incredibly important for forging and crafting that most people keep them and don’t sell them. I disagree that the reason they cost so much is because people hate gathering. They are a very in-demand resource, so of course they are going to cost a lot.

2 Likes

The person I was responding to literally said they sell more than half of the beans they get, they are important for forging, but not everyone just keeps them.

You can only gather basic earthyam and basic starberry. Every other new crop only drops seeds

2 Likes