Favourite way to earn Cs

This may seem like a silly or obvious question, but I’m wondering how everyone makes their coin… Just being nosey more than anything and perhaps looking for a little inspiration from a different path.
I started making Cs early game just by selling gathered resources, but as I’ve been focused on building lately and hunting I’ve been selling creature drops mainly.
Ive been playing for 8 months now, solo 99% of the time and I feel like I’m stuck coin wise.
I tend to have enough to get by, between 20-60k but buying odd tools etc eats that up pretty quick!

Suggestions? :angel:

6 Likes

For me, it is almost all from selling basic stuff from mining and gathering. Reason I like it is, I zone out to music when doing this type of collecting, it is extremely relaxing for me. I use the coin then to buy much of what I build with, though I have been starting to make certain things on my own now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Im self sufficient mostly. So i only need enough coin to warp to exos, buy a random ingredient in bulk, and donate some to guild for buffs. Most of mine comes from footfall but i only have about 1m between all my characters

4 Likes

Yes gathering and mining are rather therapeutic! I may have to start finding the time to do gathering sessions again! It got me through early game collecting beans and leaves for everyone lol!

1 Like

I make most of my coin from the shops that I help run, now. Before that, I would sell oort after a hunt, and gems after mining. I only really spend coins on tools, so I’m not really struggling at the moment.

I find it much harder to grind for oort to maintain portals.

3 Likes

I’ve been hunting and stockpiling oort since before I opened any portals so I have quite a bit saved up. Enough to have a month or so off hunting (though I can’t stay away!)

I did sell a little, great way of making good money… But I can’t bear to sell it!
I sink my money into teaching and persisting pies, brews and tools mainly.

I wouldn’t say I’m struggling per say, I haven’t been fully skint in a long time but I don’t feel like it’s improving much either…
Perhaps I should start adding a few hunts to my schedule that are for selling the oort collected!

I’m still working on learning to forge and I’ve found that the decent AoEs and auto loots tend to sell pretty quick so hopefully I’ll perfect that soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Trickyy90, I too am a solo player. I have not done this in a while so I am not sure if it is as effective as it used to be…but when I was a new player I earned 100k very quickly by studying observing request baskets and shop prices. I often found items I could buy for 1c and sell for 3c. Even finding some items with 10c+ profit was not our of the ordinary.

When you find request baskets that are looking for several hundred of an item that you can find cheaper the money adds up very quickly. It is a win-win-win for all 3 parties. lol

It is kind of boring but it works. One nice bonus is that it allows you to explore the planets while you look. Good luck

2 Likes

Oort selling is probably the quickest and easiest method to make coin as there are always buyers. I do understand your hesitance to sell though.

Selling anything else requires alot of time and knowing good buyers or request baskets.

Having a shop of course requires customers and this can take time to acquire a solid customer base and in order to keep them you need to keep your shop regularly stocked and prices on the ball. It is in my opinion the more rewarding feeling when you do achieve the status of being a successful store. I run a forge shop and am able to keep good prices and coin in my request baskets so I have no problem keeping on top of the needed ingredients.

Last option is the chryso of course… please dont sell your Essences there though!! Lol. People will buy them for more, myself included. That might even be a good option for your creature drops that have little use in game. Convert to essence and sell. I have heard of people farming gleam and refining it then selling to the chryso… no idea myself how time consuming or profitable this is though as it sounds boring to me, but you do get the added bonus of exp for refining.

2 Likes

My favorite way is supplying quality tools and weapons at the Slingbow Depot.

I have my good and bad weeks. But nothing makes me happier than running into a happy customer. Thank you everyone for nearly a year of service.

6 Likes

Buying materials to then craft an item is a good money maker if you have enough coin to buy a chunk of materials to start with. I make bricks & marble buying about 90% of the raw materials. It does cut down profit per unit a lot, but you can sell in bulk and keep stands stocked rather than making 2000 then being out of compact clay etc.

Would say once you get past a few million though coin sort of loses its use other than making more coin

Run around the portal hubs holding a wooden tool and ask really nooby questions. “Do you know where iron spawns? Do you happen to have one for my atlas?” -Player returns with forged tools, a stack of iron, and free coins for warps-

6 Likes

Ohhh I wouldn’t! I’m deep in the marble grind :laughing:

:rofl: love this haha. The generosity of players astounding isn’t it? Not that I would turn my nose up at freebies but im reluctant to take donations without giving something in return! It feels like cheating for some reason lol!!

Thanks everyone for the input :slight_smile:

I know you do :smile: I’ve been buying your silk mustard when I’ve been too lazy to make more SEBA haha

Minting fresh essence that I make from creature drops during daily hunts has been plenty for me :woman_shrugging: Between that and selling a bit of oort, I usually make 50-60k a day (chump change to some, but it’s enough for me, lol)

1 Like

I’d suggest selling your essence, you’ll probably triple your amount! If I wasn’t so obsessed with marble right now I would probably be selling mine!

1 Like

It still breaks my heart to hear someone bragging about selling their essences to the Chryso. The only reason I even opened up a shop was to support my marble addiction and not long after the Chryso patch hit. Suddenly everyone was minting their stockpiled essences and my baskets remained empty even though I was offering more than mint price the whole time.

4 Likes

Let’s get you t he rest of your spots on Jacey’s slide. That will help a bit with income.

1 Like

What is the easiest way to get to the Slingbow Depot (let’s say from Ultima/Eresho)? I was trying to find it the other day but all the old portals leading to it are gone. I also tried the PS route but couldn’t seem to find it…

When my marble addiction levels out I will sell you my fresh vital :slight_smile: ill always hunt, but my courtyard should only need a few more smart stacks to complete!

Haha yes I never caught back up with you did I. The trouble with sporadic and short play times!
I should definitely get it set up yeah