Feathers for Spicy Beans - Exchange rate

I have no trouble with spicy beans, but bitter beans, I can hardly ever find them. And when I do, they are far apart and guarded by snarling spitters and grouchy cuttletrunks.

I’ve been using Shedu Te to find the bitter beans, wish they were on more than one plant and in three yours of hunting on the glacier/ice on Shedu Te I saw one trumpet planta nd one glowing mushroom and got around 60 stardrop plants.

I think I am going to cave in and get another alt and focus her on just gathering, get what is needed to stay safe, not mine any and as little hunting as possible.

Agree that what is being said about what one see as valuable another see as useless. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure fit this game. Before I stated to forge I had at times tossed spicy beans not seeing them as of value. Since I am forging just for me I can get what I need. It is the bitter ones I may have to start to trade to get if I can’t find a better spot to harvest.

As for feathers, it depends, as stated by others, some shops will want one price and another less or maybe more. When I trade I try to go with what I sell, I sell some food items, right now teaching and persisting pies for 450, but will be changing it to 500 coins each. When I need hopper cores for example, I look at what is around the middle area. Some as low as 400 and some as high as 700. I go 500 is a fair price for the cores.

I often toss in a extra one or two, as one person I traded with tonight stated, a baker’s dozen, LOL.

Beseverona is good for bitter beans and you can get a lot of shadow orbs at the same time.

1 Like

Nightstar is my main, and this looks like a prior version of him. Except you’ve gone full dex.

I never go full dex.

I have your 8 dex points split between grapple mastery and travel distance. I have your 5 points of fall armor split between power (8/8),zeal (1/8) and volatile protection (5/5) due to the release of t7 and the awesome (awful?) energy requirements of these rift grapples.

Most foraged items are 1-hit, In my experience more dex slows me down with more misses and backtracking.

This, I think. I know several deserts where I can harvest these, and I could probably up my rate if I ignored other plants. I hit besevrona today and took 500 shadow orbs and 228 bitter beans in an hour and 5 minutes. These are on rough terrain (jagged edges of ice fields) so to be honest, I don’t think I’m doing TOO bad all things considered.

Nonetheless, in the balance of things, there seems to be a giant vacuum in the game where spicy beans are involved.

Maybe some increased attention this week will help to address this.

2 Likes

@XxymoxX any luck today?

I took three feathers on besevrona. I would accept 432 beans.

Since XxymoxX was trying to trade feathers, this is an open offer.

@JaceyLive spicy beans are used in forging mats and greater beacon fuel… :blush:

Oh… probably food too…but I don’t know food recipes.:nerd_face:

I was literally clicking ‘reply’ to add Biryani when you updated :wink:

1 Like

No takers?

I finished flippin’ and he’s still hungry.

You can equip your atlas up with a bitter bean and it will show you the hot spots. Besverona and Shedu are both good but you’re right, they’re in patches and the patches are far apart. I collect everything else while travelling between patches.

If you put a spicy bean into your atlas the brightest patches are usually trumpet roots and the dimmer ones desert swords

And I agree with the grouchy cuttleteunks! I swear I hear that sound even when I’m not playing :rofl:

Was out I think it was yesterday getting some on Shedu Te with a atlas, got just enough for a mass craft. I went to another planet and I hadn’t explored the planet so nothing showed up. It was Galan, I need to get a atlas for it. Was being chased all over by all the critters and I have maxed almost all the stealth one, one skill two points off.

I can get spicy beans easy also, just wish the bitter beans were in more than one plant, just the stardrop plant I think is the only one. Got a lot of shadow orbs because of the weeping mushrooms are in the same area.

Knowledge says trumpet root is rare on the beans, but I have yet to find one in a trumpet root plant.

1 Like

Add norkyna to your route. Bookmark those locations. Enjoy the spoils.

1 Like

Thanks for that :slight_smile: I’ve not been there yet!

1 Like

The planet I found is good for bitter beans is Alnitans.

They are quite literally everywhere. Just a few spots without stardrop plants.

2 Likes

Altinans is definitely a good one. I’m there every day and most times I’m the only one on the planet.

2 Likes

Will give it a shot, thanks for the tip. now forging for my tools/weapons and made a slingbow that may not shoot fast but it knocks back, slow down the critters which is a help with the hoppers, they can’t do that second jump and I get a better chance on the higher level ones. Actually got two cores yesterday on Shedu Te because I could kill them. Getting two or three after me I don’t have to run now.

just wish I could remember what mats I used that gave me that.

Thanks again for the tip.

@Stretchious As the thread has gone way past the original intent, please close it.

Closed as per OP request