Fed up with players plotting rare exotic eathyams on circa

Yes, that would be nice for them to have a T4 but the exo yams will be gone in like one to two hours again anyway and the same things might happen there too…

1 Like

Yes i didnt said it wouldnt happen, but at least there would be “more” time regen to take over so it couöd balance it out a bit that way

The devs promoted the game as “plot rare resources…”…then gave us beacons and plots to do so. Maybe this should be mulled over.

It may be helpful to have a few persistent planets that can’t be plotted at all.:woman_shrugging:

Not sure what the solution is here.

6 Likes

I may be one of the few to think this, but the universe is too small. With the ability to quickly travel to any planet, having 50 different planets really isn’t that many. Having two L4 lushes like @Buugi pointed out would have eased us into farming exotic earthyams twice as fast.

2 Likes

not a bad consolation prize!

:grinning:

1 Like

I like this a lot… thinking, it could be integrated really well into the lore, like, maybe they could be preserves - planets of Ruins? They’d have all the usual resources but would also generate way more of the ruin-esque stuff we see scattered around. Perhaps be focused more on promoting the lore part of the game itself. Like they are sacred places to the Oortians that we aren’t allowed to develop on, just research.

3 Likes

Research could be a new skill that leads to new technology at some point :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I was annoyed when I first found this beacon, especially because of the name. However, I find that this beacon is the only way to determine if my atlas is working. If it doesn’t show up when I land on Circ, I do something else for a while. Usually, that means gathering the other seeds and periodically checking on exo earthyams. Essentially, I choose to look at this beacon as a calibration aid and a positive thing for me overall rather than be upset by it.

How many do you need?

thing is tho i dont think thats possable and if they try it would be a nightmare to do the only way i could see it being done would be to remove that selling point but even then you can’t say “oh well now plotting resources is griefing” cuz the devs would need to prove that the player even know the resource was there in the first place and even if you just remove it has a selling point people looking to make a profit or whatever would naturally come up with that idea anyway

1 Like

Well, its one of the styles to play the game, even i don’t like it personally, but i don’t think anyone should blame for that.

Question is why dev teams decide to create something like this again. Its not a first time they create a system only a few people can enjoy it. When they keep doing things like this, we shouldn’t be too surprise why the current population keep decreasing monthly. “Farm system” suppose to be a key patch to bring back all the old players, but base on the current reaction on many post, clearly its not. It’s not a first time they made decision like this, so i guess what we can do is just respect and let it go.

If you don’t like the new system maybe take a break until they realize the direction they have is extremely terrible lol.

1 Like

I am also going to farm specifically for bringing seeds to the community. Could have a seed lottery or farm gear lottery. Affordable tokens etc. So anyone can play.

3 Likes

The solution is actually simple. Don’t make the spawn locations static. As long as the spawn locations moved and were not predictable then no one could plot them. The fact that the plants spawn in exactly the same few spots is really the problem here as once those spots are beaconed there is one less plant available to the community while some jerk purposely blocks the spawn of the resource. But if you look at what the devs are doing, they actually encourage this behavior. So don’t expect it to change. You’ll have to become what you hate and do the same types of things to compete, or simply accept that certain resources are generally unavailable to you until they basically become worthless.

2 Likes

All resources are already variably spawned. They have never been static.

Plotting a resource is no different to harvesting it. And is a total waste of time.

10 Likes

If players were to heavily plot valid spawning areas for specific resources, would they start spawning in higher concentration within other valid spawning areas that hadn’t been plotted yet? Or would the effective total of available resources diminish as a result of this instead?

Alright… lets start plotting whole planet and leave just 20x20 plot space so we can farm those :joy:

2 Likes

we definitely should try that one day :innocent:

shame we haven’t PvP or I would bring my best slingbows and protect it with my mega strength and skills…:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Nice footfall trap if you add in enough prestige and get a bunch of players trying to find a rare resource.

4 Likes

@cagian want some more ? can donate you some to the cause… got a large farm myself, but never going to sell, only been giving away.

4 Likes

If you have a few to spare that would be lovely.

1 Like