Fed up with players plotting rare exotic eathyams on circa

This was the second place I ran by…It’s not like there are abundance…

7 Likes

Kinda same thing as it was in EA with Red Gleam.

5 Likes

Only found 1 - 2 plotted and i’ve been finding 40+ seeds in 1 to 2 hours

1 Like

40 in 2 hours is not my definition of fun. Not when it shows up on the atlass and it is not available.
I have seen similar post for other resources. It shouldn’t show up on the atlass in the first place…really frustrating…and then I don’t want to discuss the do’s and don’ts of plotting resources…not looking for a debate just venting frustration.

11 Likes

do you want a seed? tho its more easy to find with the raw

No thank you. It is not as much wanting the exotic yams (got plenty for baking pies) it is the whole experience of going out gathering and finding them myself that get killed. That and I really want to complete my farm and I am missing those seeds.

6 Likes

I think we have to go to Exos if we want them now … I spent almost three hours last weekend running around Circ but didn’t find one … got 3 roadrunner feathers instead plus every other seed so not a total loss :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very disappointing to see this happen; based on the beacon name visible, this is just baiting and trapping someone to make other players upset/waste time on purpose.

4 Likes

Honestly farming is just becoming a toxic/exploitive/self player magnet.

Almost every behaviour im seeing examples of in farming is negative. Mass farming of every exo resource for profit, buying and reselling anything cheap, walling off resource and just general selfishness. I know people ARE trying to offer cheap yam seeds etc but these just get bought and resold or added to already huge farms. Not seen any posts on exo spawns to say hey, coords here for goo or kindling etc. Just hoover it all up and say its gone instead.

For such a good community we are cetainly showing a lot of examples of being toxic or unhelpul for new players.

I mean ultimately, we will all end up with seeds when prices drop but if these players carry on the natural timeline for this to happen based on supply will be massively delayed.

And finally…why are the players doing it? The ones i know who are hording already have millions of coin. I have close to 7m and it only ever goes up, so why bother being selfish to get more!!

2 Likes

This one just tricked me too. Weird thing is after I walked away it disappeared from the atlas. Still think there’s something bugged with the exo yam seeds. I’ve seen them disappear yet no players around.

if the Atlas was working correctly then at least this one would show at all times. But normally the atlas is blank with an exo yam in it.

As i have suggested before… and this would at least balance the “problem” also making people playing in AUS region happy … adding t4 Lush planet permanently to AUS region. As AUS is the only region that doesnt have T4

7 Likes

I think many, many folks are being great and helpful… been having a lot of wonderful interactions with folks just this last week, both giving and receiving. But unfortunately the ones who take advantage can be more visible sometimes. Not sure either why some feel the need to sit on top of huge mountains of coin like that either, don’t want to tell people how to play but it is a little odd.

2 Likes

My intention is to have a large farm of these geared towards seed production and I’m going to bring cheap seeds to the market. It’s going to take a long time (from 3 seeds, given to me for free by the @illuminawtyness , I now have a plot of 17.)

I really wanted to have a farm for the purposes of making my persisting pies, but now I want it to bring prices to rock bottom. I’m sick of the opportunistic greed.

4 Likes

No resources showing up in beacons! I am for it!

I am planting a lot of plants in my area…I don’t want it to look like a hotspot lol

you can fight back like me and dune did in beta
plot above the plant and keep the plant wild and unplottable
have to say dune stopped this when dumb people started to accuse him off plotting the red gleam wich he did not guess thats what happen when people belief lies before checking facts when that happend we closed the room wich showed all the locations with usable red gleam
im still ashamed this happend to dune :frowning:

2 Likes

Player placed stuff is already excluded on the atlas.

1 Like

on the bright side, we can use it to check if the atlas is working or not. but yea… I too wasted a few minutes running to this one.

I have some more for you. Come and see me later :sunglasses:

1 Like

It is really nice of you and I’ll probably take you up on it at some point but for me this situation is more a game killer then a dire need for materials.

It just takes the fun out of an aspect in this game that really should be promoted more. Not only if you run around you find plants and resources you also come across builds or when you go on purpose with an atlass you expect to find what you seek rather than a beaconded hotspot.

I too have beacons scattered around the vast boundless world but I search a spot close but not block any hotspot. It is just an easy way to hop from beacon to beacon to get materials when crafting.

2 Likes