Yes there is an endgame. It’s where you have the top tools and the top stuff to work with, and your machines are well powered, understanding the game is key also. The term ‘endgame’ doesn’t imply the game is finished in MMO terms, it’s where you stop advancing in whatever.

For me personally though. It’s what I call your peak on something. Be that money, gems, whatever. I started off gaining coin and XP slowly and then worked out how to do it quickly.

That’s the gatherers endgame. For me. I get its not for you, that’s fine. You enjoy different gameplay to me, that’s great, that’s the differences in people. I enjoy the prestige rankings, to track my progress, or going up through the settlement rankings from hamlet to village etc. You don’t again great.

(This part is a broken record but it’s still core to removing footfall) So a builder wants money, he builds he should have the same potential to get coin I do for mining. If a builder doesn’t care about coin, great. Do all builders not care about coin, is this a universal trait, I hardly think so.

But yeah it does encourage portal networks a bit like popup windows, the more networks the better for the advertiser or in this case footfall. However all the amounts you are talking about, are tiny, they are nothing. 4.5k is nothing. So the argument to me is a bit pointless. If the top footfall area is making 4.5k a week, that’s absolutely nothing in economic terms. You don’t play to gain any coin, so you haven’t experienced this. You are just going to have to trust me lol. That one mining trip makes this look silly, and yeah they could do away with footfall entirely by the same token, but it adds necessary coin into the game to balance the economy out apparently - so it is required.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t even produce any gem grapples for myself :D. I could do but I am saving the skill points for when the next tier of planets and atmospheres are released to see what I need to put where, and where i need to reskill my alts. It’s something i’ve thought of though, as it would increase the speed of my runs a bit.

I tend to work in layers, mostly so I don’t need more than a few grapples a run. They might have saved me from a few lava deaths however lol.

This is my main concern regarding footfall, if you remove it the influx of coin into the game drops to almost zero in relation. How do we trade when that happens? There will always be people sitting on coin doing nothing.

If you remove the top 5 earners and look at the average joe - who are you going to trade with? If each person can only add their daily bonus worth of coin to the economy, and sooner or later this coin passes through a hoarder / coin sink / black hole, how are we going to have sustainable trade?

-not an argument FOR footfall, but against recession. Remember the town with the lowest tax rate will offer the best trade spots, while the area with the highest tax rate would be where i want to live and share in the spoils… oooh dilemma :wink:

2 Likes

yah I like foot fall to. i provide one service and without footfall there would be less inventive to do so. i don’t mind raising the prestige requirement but in all I think it’s a great system.
since footfall was introduced i have made almost one million coins. that’s with a transfer station on each world. i worked hard for that dedicating most of my time in game to it. it’s much less than a week’s or months proffet from a mega store.

6 Likes

Without Jeffs portals my mid game would have sucked mightly. I support Jeff 100%, and need to swing by now I am well off to drop a big donation to him :smiley: thanks for reminding me. I also owe grumpy who inadvertently gave me what was back then lot of money out of one of his baskets in my newbiehood on bones (he might recall), but I never see him to give it him back.

1 Like

Probably a very stupid question but will the person who is mayor etc of a settlement/town/city etc one day be receiving the tax as coin that is generated for that place?

What if builds could be consumable? Say you could sacrifice / tithe them to the Oort-overlords or whatever. Base the value on all that complicated prestige calculating stuff (variety, color scheme, chiseling ect). Build a big fancy thing, then offer it to the gods! Get coin / god favors / cool badges / exclusive stickers for individual offerings / meeting goals (based on total blocks / total precious metals, gems w/e). Then the build goes poof and land regenerates! Builder gets paid / recognized and gets their plots back for the next big thing. Nostalgic? Put all the offered builds on a planet by themselves so people can go worship. Or just put holograms there. Make a hall of fame for spectacular ones. Then builds in declining places like Pixel can be preserved somewhere.

4 Likes

That is one thing that blueprints could do, do a holographic version of it, then we build it in, or in this case not :D, just admire the hologram. It would also be a great way to preserve what we’ve currently built between wipes :wink:

3 Likes

If you look at your beacon controls if you have a settlement or higher at least I believe you will see an option to set the tax rate for the settlement or higher and another as the viceroy of the planet. Both by default are set at 10%. So, it appears whoever is in charge of the community will set and receive that part of the taxes on transactions in the community and the viceroy will receive it on transactions on the planet. So, there is incentive for people to build as much as possible filling it with as much prestige as possible on as many plots as possible. Thus the battle among builders for lots of plots filled with lots of prestige as the pay could be pretty high. Thats what it looks like is coming. So, the best way to be wealthy looks like being a builder with a lot of plots to fill.

I love the idea as builders would never have to run out of plots. However, that is the very reason I don’t expect it to happen. How do they sell more plots if the builders have an infinite supply of them to build on?

Well the poofed builds give a return of some value and aren’t in the world anymore. People who can buy plots will continue as they are now. People who can’t buy more can reuse theirs over and over while still getting something for them.

1 Like

my feeling now is that this thread is becoming completely useless, with completeley hypotetical based toughts on wich are based completely hypotetical theories about how the game is hypotetically working.

Hy-potato-call :japanese_ogre:

the biggest money income comes from trading: selling gathered/mined/hunted resources AND selling raw to finished products in shop. not from footfall, not from prestige. stop closing yourself in your world full of hypotesis.

and this is the proof of what i’m sayng:

I’m a little scared about this aspect, as there are as lot of unknowns, such as,

• Is there a limit to the maximum tax amount? Some unscrupulous overlord could set s massive tax amount overnight without others realising and receive a massive influx of coin.
  • What happens to request baskets and selling plinths if the tax is raised/lowered? Does it affect the overall price of goods (essentially invalidating any signs displaying the price) or does it just take a bigger/smaller cut of the overall sale; completely throwing out any calculations a shopkeeper has made.
  • Does it also include a percentage of footfall, or just transactions?

As I said, a lot of unknowns, so any claims to the viceroy being extremely wealthy are purely speculation at this point.

Potentially… maybe… but that won’t be an income for all builders, or even the best builders. Just for the player with the highest prestige in the settlement/world. But it’s still all speculation at this point, until something is actually implemented.

^this. Until these things are in the game, you have no idea how they’ll play out, so any arguments for/against at this point are based on belief, not fact.

I’m happy for things to be implemented and tried out in their entirety before completely binning an idea.

5 Likes

unnamed

I agree we should hold back a bit on speculation as it’s not really effective discussing what to do about something that’s as of yet unimplemented… when tax hits the test server I’ll see you guys there and we can check out Steve in the flesh.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Builder Features

It would be nice if a Developer could shed a bit of light on how they envisage the mechanics of this working. If anyone prefers to not be engulfed by neighbouring builds that want your prestige then I might have to practice making some gravel and mud builds as an alternative, obviously that means no chance of getting any settlement status or footfall but at least prestige grabbers would keep their distance :joy:

Whatever you do please don’t take away the number of plots for players who already have them. I think those members should be grandfathered in for being an early adapter. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do like the idea of players have their own worlds for cash. Expands the game and gets rev the same way.
1 Like

I don’t get where this “new money come from” idea was generated or so focused on. An economy can have a set amount of coin at a base level and you do not need to “generate new money”. Current “new money” is created by feats and daily objectives. So that should be more than enough to sustain.

Anyone that focuses on this is missing the point completely! You could say there is no evidence that people not getting footfall will negatively affect the economy. The issue is not the amount, if, when, how, etc. It is about the fundamental design and game mechanic.

If people want to play a FAIR game in relation to the economy and have integrity to play fair then they would not want anyone to be able to bring outside money and ease of getting plots into the game. They would want the dynamics of dealing with the economy to be SOLELY inside the game as a whole with not outside influence. They would obviously see that a system allowing purchases of plots that in some form and fashion DO link to income potential is inherently and categorically not fair. End of story.

So people that choose to keep an unfair system in the game, like to take advantage of the system and don’t value the need to have a fair economy system in the game. In other words they enjoy and value that unfair potential and are fine with it. Because if they weren’t they would immediately agree it needs to be removed and a new system designed that is fair to everyone across the board and is kept holistically only inside the game.

Builds do not “have to” generate income. A person needs to generate income from an ECONOMY. “Builders” can do this though many ways not having to be linked to buildings.

Actually income is not even needed yet. We can find and make everything we need in this game and need absolutely no coin. The economy at this point is an option in the game not a requirement. People need to be very clear and honest on this point.

Remove taxes and add Services/Contracts. Problem fixed. Taxes are not needed because we have no design like real world government.

Thank you… all I want is just a real economy model not some easy passive system. It just makes the game more interesting.

I’m talking about MY comments and the thread I created on it being P2W. So sub-thread then. I am not interested in talking economy in my stuff because it isn’t the right area. People want to talk about it because they want to distract and try to prove me wrong on the plot purchasing being part P2W on the economy and income model.

Money does not need to be injected into the economy via footfall. Injection really isn’t needed. Hell if you are going to force people to log in to keep their plots, then start forcing people to use their money or lose it. That would certainly cause people to use their money or destroy the economy which barely exists. But, anyway that is what I don’t want to talk about the economy in a larger context because it’s model is messed up anyway currently and only made worse by plot income.

Who said anything about a “verbal contracts”? The contract I mentioned is an agreement and signed between players. Income for services. Very simple.

You say this over and over to try to deny the evidence. It helps nothing to say this when there are problems.

That is you bringing in a whole set of context, perspectives, and assumptions in on this. Not what I said. You get “reward” for building stuff because it is cool and you should be satisfied yourself and people tell you it is cool. Who says that the reward must be coin.

Fine, you want coin for something you build? Then push for the developers to create a solution where people can charge for someone to enter their plots. Just like we see everywhere in the real world when you visit a museum, amusement park, etc. Then you get the money for what you build through a fee and not using footfall passively. Remove the passive footfall. That would immediately solve my complaint. Discussion over.

it IS relevant. Moebius did not EARN all those plots. The earned some of them and then received a bonus for all the others has because he BOUGHT them through real money. That gives him an advantage over someone like me who has not bought plots bonus. I only get what I earned and worked for.

Plus I don’t get to build multiple huge cities. I have to deconstruct 1 city to build another. So I lose footfall in one location while he gets both locations footfall due to his bonus.

He is just an example of how that bonus gives them a leverage I do not have. Now with “plot purchase” it is basically the same bonus and unfair situation in relation to income.

It isn’t about that… another distraction to try to move us away from the real issue. The work to fill up a plot with prestige is the same for everyone… but at some point I have no more plots to fill unless I P2W to buy them or give more money for a founder bonus.

No this is not the only way to make money. It is an option that could easily be replaced with contracts and event he “plot access fee” I talked about above.

Contracts create this as well. No reason for footfall… many many ways exist to make income if the developer actually took the time to do that instead of just trying to get more money from people…

He has 2, I and others have 1. He has 50, and we have 5. Whatever the number is he will ALWAYS have more because he will always have more plots and POTENTIAL for it. That is the P2W.

Contracts and Services and feats. The developers are pushing MMO and forcing everyone to be in the community. This helps with that. Footfall isn’t needed when other things exist and it will make it fair for people in one way and help give them the incentive to actually interact with the community.

And if they are doing everything themselves and don’t want to be part of the community then they probably won’t care if they have no money.

Injecting money actually causes huge problems. Look at the economy in the US. Anyway if we for people to keep their plots active every 7 days or loose it how about we force people to use their money or they lose. Anything more than 100,000 in your account it taxed at 1% per day. :slight_smile:

Honestly, if people horde their money who cares??? Look at it this way – if people need something they will buy it. If they do not want to spend their money they won’t. So in all situations they will not spend it. If you need something you buy it. If you have no money, then offer a service or sell something to those that want it (request baskets) and then you will have money.

There are many ways to do this “regular generation” without having to link it to plots that people can pay for in real dollars to increase the potential of coin they make in game. You can get what you want by changing the model and design and create a fair playing field.

How are they inaccurate? You have many plots and builds on many planets. You get a bonus for your efforts that I do not. So your bonus allows you to be in more places and have larger builds than I can. I don’t see how that is not accurate.

That is not the basis of my comments or how I stated it was P2W. I clearly communicate in many ways how it is. You can change how prestige is calculated in a million ways but it will not fix the fundamental problem of those plots being linked to income and giving an unfair advantage.

I did not get into this but this should be definitely not allowed if we are having people have plot bonuses and plot purchases. This creates even more of an issue of people being able to leverage real world money and mess up in game money and game economy dynamics. Only if everyone can make the same amount of plots then we could sell them.

I don’t want them to mess with prestige calculation. I never asked them too and especially never brought it up in my posts about P2W. I think the prestige calculation needs to be a different discussion and that we should just not create a Tax = city ranking model. Let prestige stand on it own.

Where did I even say this? You are bringing in things that are your own assumptions on what I said. Nothing I am talking about has to deal with a small beacon competing against a large one.

Please just read the actual first post I did on this subject. It makes it very clear about what the problem is and did not focus on symptoms. I used exampled but showed the clear root cause of the problem. I also said we did not have to limit plots and people could buy them and founders could keep their bonuses. I just said to have that you need to de-link footfall and tax city income.

I would buy my own founders bonus - hell I could buy ALL of them they list on the web page. But I do not now because right now I do not agree with the P2W model they are creating. I want the game to be FAIR not stacked in favor of those that give extra cash especially when we focus on how the economy works.

I agree that is not right really either. But that is a different discussion on how to make sure income happens for people. I’m just trying to remove one thing and then want to spend efforts finding ways to create income that is fair for everyone playing the game. I don’t see at all what is wrong with that and why so many people push back when I said from the start let’s create a real economy model.

We have asked for dungeon and other raiding type things… That would be welcomed by me and still give income in replacement of footfall.

I hear you and I certainly would not want an overly complex economy model in this game. I’m not at all about that. I want simple, easy, but just fair. Where the work you put in during playing the game really gives the reward and not that you can just come in from outside and give yourself a bigger advantage over others. Yes this P2W I am talking about is a small advantage but it can be leveraged and taken advantage of pretty easily in relation to the economy.

You should be… because now the person that can have the larger areas because they purchased plots have a bigger potential to make even more. They could take over smaller towns and earn that income, etc. This is why I posted originally my concern around taxes being linked to city ranking and plots purchases.

Yes we don’t know how it will play out but it is going to have problems and just more code trying to balance it when the link doesn’t need to be there. Taxes in this game are not used the same way in the real world and just aren’t needed.

1 Like

I do understand your main concerns around the passive income, however I don’t believe reducing footfall coin is the solution. It would be better to simply introduce other ways to earn coin.
The above comment is a terrible idea.

1 Like

"If people want to play a FAIR game [snip] and have integrity to play fair then they would not want anyone to be able to bring any outside factor into the game. They would want the dynamics [snip] to be SOLELY inside the game as a whole with not outside influence. They would obviously see that both a system allowing purchases of plots and a system where you generate resources with playtime in some form and fashion DO link to income potential and are inherently and categorically not fair. End of story.

So people that choose to keep any unfair system in the game, like to take advantage of the system and don’t value the need to have a fair [snip] game. In other words they enjoy and value that unfair potential and are fine with it. Because if they weren’t they would immediately agree it needs to be removed and all new systems designed that are fair to everyone across the board and are kept holistically only inside the game."

At the end of the day, all of your points reduce down to Real money affecting in-game is P2W, and must therefore be stopped. I picked the most pertinent quote and fixed it for you. You are welcome. My personal observation is that many of the people that strongly argue against real money ever making it into the game and having even the slightest effect on actual capability, however measured, are usually also the people who are capable of dedicating many hours a day into playing, and are happy to enjoy that advantage over those that cannot. Somehow though, they still equate that to fair. That may or may not apply to you personally, but that’s irrelevant. Your argument against real money having any non-cosmetic effects is fundamentally flawed. I don’t believe you should be using fairness as if it were quantifiable when you refuse to even try to measure every aspect of it and not just what suits your side of the discussion.

P.S. Just in case is isn’t clear, I do not advocate trying to balance all possible real-life circumstances so that no-one can invest what they have most of (be it time or money) in the hopes of creating a totally fair game. Where would you draw the line? Balance money and time, but then some people are more skillful, so to make it fair you’d need to balance for that. What I’m saying is, when done with consideration and thoughtful limits, outside money having ‘some’ effect in game is a non issue when seen in the light of any other imbalance the game already has and is deemed perfectly acceptable.

3 Likes