[Feedback] Testing 224 - Inconsistency of acquiring goods

Why is that now there are duplicate recipes for oils, using either Kranut or Clay:

And there is a recipe for making Bark when it can still be acquired from Trunks:

But there is NO duplicate recipe for continuing to make Flour, Rice or Oats from the grasses, and can only now be made from the new respective crops:

Seems a bit inconsistent to me, to keep some duplicate content but not other; is there an oversight or what’s the intention here?

I personally think there should be more options for crafting/acquiring things, not less.

6 Likes

Well just my thought process here, was it making sense to get rice etc from grass seed ? For me no.

1 Like

The inconsistency is that Barbed grass can’t be used any more to make flour so the old method is replaced by the new, yet there are now alternative recipes added to create bark, buckets of milk and the weirdest of all kranut can replace clay soil in the oil recipes.

So on one hand more alternate ways of crafting items is being added while others are removed…

2 Likes

I’d lean to there being more system changes that haven’t hit yet or another specific reason that this type of bark can be created that we don’t know about.

It’s the same bark…

2 Likes

These have different recipes. In the highlighted example, Boost Oil requires any of the following two recipes:

• Saltpetre Fragment, Clay Soil and Tallow
  • Kranut, Saltpetre Fragment and Tallow

The chances of getting Bark from Trunks is very low, so this is an alternative way to get Bark as mentioned in the release notes.

3 Likes

That seems like a fair reason for that one. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I probably didn’t make it clear; I do understand that they require different ingredients, the point I was trying to establish was that the recipes for making flour, oats and rice from grass seeds were removed, so why is that there will still be recipes for the oils that use clay instead of kranut?

Why not remove the clay-requiring oil recipes or instead keep the grass seed-requiring food ingredient recipes too?

Just seems odd, to me, to create brand new nearly identical recipes for the oils but not allow for a nearly identical recipe for the food ingredients. I understand that different effort goes into each thing… But like @James was saying, that’s balance, so why not just keep both and just balance them (such as by adjusting the amount crafted or number of ingredients required to craft) with each other then, based on the intended gameplay design?

2 Likes

Will grass seeds be used for anything anymore? after the update…other then planting grass?

I will have to double check. :thinking: But off the top of my head, no, they won’t be used for anything other than actually planting grass anymore.