First thing that comes to your mind when

thats probably the easiest solution thus most probable - block retaining its light properties just changing color

if spray applies new properties than we have more than changing colors - it would be overall texture modifier

2 Likes

I think this is one of those items that the developers haven’t fully decided on and why rentals aren’t here yet.

We need to be very careful how universe connected rental planet are managed. We cannot give advantages to people that pay for them.

1 Like

You mean like players that pay for plots and then use them to plot vital or rare resources for their own use? I think this gets very grey area very fast as to what is paying for an advantage.

it’s a legitimate tactics :joy:

From my understanding if you put the work into it you can make all the colors in the color system. But I didn’t ask that specific question. The conversation did seem to be in that context because it makes no sense to release a color system but only allow a set of colors. Just allow everyone to make the ones we have IF they put the work into it to mix it all up.

You have a blue block, I have a pink block and walk up to it and spray it = it becomes a pink block. Think color changing chisel.

1 Like

That is what we have been told so when is it not a legitimate tactic? That is something the developers are going to have to decide I guess.

well, its legitimate as the public worlds are available for all to explore, find resource and claim it if thats the wish

if rental worlds prevent people from mining then its paying to have access to private resources that cannot be claimed by others (basically paying to have resources areas reserved) - that doesn’t look like legitimate tactics anymore

maybe limiting rentals to tiers 1-3(or 4) is the way out to avoid controversy around top resources availability through real money

1 Like

Yeah completely agree with that too. You can’t have one and possibly not have another. But is it fair the way it is now as well?

I think the key point is what “level” of resources are being blocked. If we allow gem rental planets then things could get ugly… not that they aren’t already ugly. :slight_smile:

Sometimes I feel like I am playing musical chairs… you have to flip around between so many sides of a discussion because of the context… something seems right but then is wrong. UGH.

So would plotting that resource on your planet be allowed?

to plot or not to plot? that is some question

1 Like

that’s the tricky thing i think the price for the worlds cant be to high or it would turn away alot of casual players if you are going to offer the service then it needs to appeal to more then the hardcore peps i think the cut off for a lot of people would be anything north of $40 and even takeing into account AWS high price point there is no way a single world could cast them that much to run per month when i look at more resource intensive games simmler to boundless (ark,7 days to die) the average price point is $1.50 per player.

at that price point $30 would cover a 20 player world which being honest most players would not even need that many active slots at any given time unless the game explodes in popularity and to even future poof it you can say $20 for 10…$30 for 20 and offer higher slot worlds bassed off of that for the people with bigger wallets.

I would assume that the server would support 80 since the current worlds support 80. Now they might have an option to not do it this way.

But, from what I recall we are running multiple worlds on a single server anyway with 80 people per world. So I’d expect the same design with rental worlds.

yea im not 100% sure how a rental model would work with a AWS system so i was just going off of standard renting system if they do say “na all worlds are going to be 80 slots” then the price model would for sure need to be diff cuz i really feel ceiling for the price shod be $70 and even then eh.

Wondering if they will all be one size, or if you can rent small, med, lg?
Will they look like moons? EXOs? Regular planets?

That’s a big fat no from me lol
People already don’t want to pay $40 to buy the game. Having to pay planet rent + GC…nope nope nope.

1 Like

If it’s not cost-effective & they are only using AWS, then maybe this is something that should wait for a good while.

lol yea thats why ideally there would be a flex price system so the people who want the biggest possable world can pay the high price while people who just want a world can pay more close to my first price point.

to be fair like one of the points OP sayed i think if we have GC there is a chance for a discounted rate or at the varly lest one or the other i cant see the devs makeing someone pay $5 a month to then just pay a extra $20 a month to access the world

sadly at this point its AWS or bust im going to point this out this next part is speculation but if they are runing the server like how AWS taught me then its several bucket servers being Daisy chained(game worlds,backend,etc) to form the game we are playing now. to move that to a traditional server setup would require a overhaul that i dont think the devs have the tech skills to do AWS would be the way to go if you wanted to start a MMO but had 0 idea how to manage and upkeep a physical server.

added note

also too the starting price point for AWS is A LOT lower then a physical server but the main point still stands that switching at this point is just not possable without bringing down the servers for days if not weeks.

I never got an architectural diagram but there are like 4 key servers for the game that have different functions and then you have your world servers that support multiple worlds per region. I’m trying to remember if that was the design… but feels close to what I heard once.

If this is basically it then I would assume a new server comes up and they slowly fill it up with “rentals” until it is maxed at which point they add another.