Flags/Banners

I think flags or awning type cloths would be an easy but very well accepted addition to people’s settlements. Feels?

9 Likes

It would be great unless it counts as mesh :frowning:

3 Likes

Right that would be the downfall. But I feel that if we already got poles and all, we should have something to put on them :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I mean I have a whole building wrapped in glass panes and still haven’t hit my mesh limit

1 Like

You mean like these?

3 Likes

Keep in mind that meshes are counted by the chunk, not your plots. Each 16x16 space has it’s own count of meshes, up to 512 each

1 Like

Yes! That’s what I’m talking about lol

That makes more sense lol

1 Like

I just used twisted lumber and chiseled it to make awnings and tent like roofs.

7 Likes

It’s too bad we don’t have a lattice-like thinning chisel. Chisel with it and it cycles through the same thicknesses as the lattice without turning it into a lattice

2 Likes

That’d open up hundreds of new possibilities. I’d never ask for more chiseling unless someone came up with a great idea

1 Like

Lol I like that.

That would be nice too!

I also wish the lattice chisel would allow us to move the centre part towards another block so they are both snug together! I would have so many more uses for them like that it’s crazy! We can then give walls and pillars for instance way more detail. I was a tad bummed when I found out the middle part always has to be there. It’s still nice and allows for nice things to make but I had other plans too for them!

1 Like

Oh man that would have been so cool for texturing.
Maybe a flattening chisel of some kind could be added

2 Likes

Yeah I had ideas to use them on corners of buildings and such, around windows and doors, etc., etc.

1 Like

I really want a clone stamp for chiseling too, it’d make lattice so much more achievable. Maybe a clone setter/learner in one hand and a clone stamper/chiseler in the other hand; memory would reset after unequipping the learner

Oh yes please, I am trying to change the look of my farm, used to have hidden gleam and used square chisels to allow light thru, but since I now wanted to use grass instead of brick I can’t use a square chisel since you can’t plant grass on a square chiseled block (why not beats me tho) so I decided an alternative route, a whole gleam block would be rather visible so I decided on a lattice chiseled tiny little dot! Which means 1 hit to turn into lattice, then 3 more to make it tiny, then once with the bevel chisel and then 6 more times with the lattice chisel to removes all the extending bits. This takes ages!!!

I’d imagine banners and flags would give an option of 9 dots you can connect with lines for the centerpoint of the banner logo, kind-of like the ones people already make for settlements out of gleam.

Sadly, I already know which shape most of the Internet ‘jokers’ would go for if that was the case.

…I mean the reward boxes in the game already make that shape in their animation, while they’re unfurled and spitting out the contents…

As someone who absolutely and totally hates building fake items out of other mats (flags made out of rocks for example or furniture out of current blocks we have), I am keeping my hands and feet fingers crossed (haha) for roleplaying decorations (flags/banners/book shelves/ furniture and fireplaces/hanging flora etc).

1 Like