Flashing Lights, Sun Rays, Lens-flare, bombs, Photosensitivity,

This, please. It really spoils the view and makes gathering difficult.

Edit:

This, too. It’s silly bright at night, like having a second sun.

3 Likes

Not just sun and moon , but many other stuff have this ray around them. Diamond torch for example , has the same ray around it that spoils the screen and view. I myself would prefer a bright diamond torch without that bloom ray around it when u hold it in your hand.

1 Like

Yea that sun flare is horrible.

Any word on this yet? Are we going to get the ability to toggle this? I can’t play much because of all the flashing and bright lights in the game.

omg so funny Xd

1 Like

Ahhhh…nothing like getting killed instantly cuz “I was blinded by the light…”

We need sunglasses in game or something need to be done about the damn light…

Mom always said “don’t look at the sun”.
You also can find it in the great books of Oort Wisdom (kept by Illuminoorti).

1 Like

Sun… this mythical thing that supposedly is somewhere very high above the gems I try to find…

Seriously dig dip, no sun, problem solved :wink:

1 Like

@Steggs101

I understand certain things take priority, but I’m wonderin’ if this is a “someday” “maybe” or “not likely” for changes. Even if it took 12 months, that’s fine, but I just wanted to know if this is remotely planned to be looked at, or if I should start structuring how I play around it.

My eye strain is gettin’ progressively worse now, and it’s becoming harder to play because each hammer strike against a rock causes my monitor to flash brightly, each bomb flashes brightly, and walking around outside there’s extreme lensflare, the brightness of the sun.

I really need an option to turn these things turned down like I can turn them down in other games.

Agreed, it’s really hard on the eyes and a shame to spoil a pretty game by obscuring the view. Even at night there it is. It really spoiled the guild slideshow evening…

Here’s us out gathering desert swords:

glare|31() 8x240

Fun times at the portal hub:

glare|31() 8x240

Here’s me and the guild enjoying a cocktail:

glare

Here’s my build:

glare

This was so funny and you didn’t have to be there, haha:

glare

Two cuttlestock, the damning evidence of a passionate, illicit love affair:

glare

5 Likes

I want to see all those screenshots but all I see is white.

Unless that’s the joke, lol.

1 Like

ahem cough :smiley:

3 Likes

Any change on this yet?

Next update after the current Testing. So Testing 220.

5 Likes

No rush! I won’t hold ya to it either. It’s not a super big important thing. Gotta work on the new player retention stuff first. I’ve gotten gleam club an’ stuff so I still support the game!

I fully expected to wait 1-2 years at least, which is fine by me. I know things had’to get rushed out the door a bit.

1 Like

So glad to hear this! Just the other day friends nd I we’re talking about this! I was chiseling and the sunlight made it sooo difficult!

I’m glad to hear that’s coming.

Also am i the only person who’s got problems with being blinded when switching to gear with more than one debuff/quirk on?

Those seem to stack and unlike where you can look away from the sun, you can’t really do that with those visual effects once you trigger them and in dark areas it can prove real difficult.

1 Like

You’re definitely not the only one!

1 Like

Thanks, i looked before but i missed that thread.