Flashing Lights, Sun Rays, Lens-flare, bombs, Photosensitivity,

edit In total, I think the flashes from lens-flare, bombs, and hammers hitting rock are causing me eye strain so I’m not able to play as much now.

I have photo sensitivity issues, and I’ve turned off bloom but there’s still lens-flare or something, when the sun is rising in the game, it’s extremely uncomfortable, the monitor gets super bright and causes me headaches so I have to stare at the ground…

I also tried copper bombs and haven’t used them since, each time the bomb goes off the entire screen flashes white really brightly, and that’s hard too.

Could you please add an option to disable the sun/lens-flare bright thing, and maybe remove the blinding light that goes off with the bombs? An explosion and smoke is enough to know it’s a bomb, or at least, please put a photosensitivity warning in the game for people about these two things.

Thank you. For now I can just avoid looking at the sky and not use bombs, it’s a minor inconvenience.

I’m lovin’ the game so far.

Edit After mining for a long time, I’m noticing the little flashes when the hammer hits the rocks may be startin’ to bother me also, sigh.

9 Likes

I don’t have it as bad as that but I do agree it should be an option. When I stare at a screen too long my eyes do hurt with the bright flashes.

2 Likes

Nice to hear I’m not the only one …

1 Like

yep sunlight is WAYYYYY too bright… causing crazy glare any time i’m looking any more than 90degrees from the sun… if its daytime everything i see is washed out and you cant even see coloured light at all

Night time: GORGEOUS. don’t change a thing.

3 Likes

yes this is bad

Edit: actually it is worse on screen than in the picture

1 Like

Now, that’s what I call real PvE!

We need craftable sunglasses.
Or anti-glare brew.

2 Likes

or the old universe lighting.

In all seriousness. . you cannot see what you are doing or where you are going. it is easy to fall into a cave or other unintended consequences due to the sun glare. I was not aware the developers wanted the sun to be more dangerous then mobs.

1 Like

the odd thing is before the new VFX ad lighting changes GOD RAYS and etc USED TO BE an option … we keep begging for them to bring it back… all we hear is… WIP

1 Like

I added this edit above to my OP:

After mining for a long time, I’m noticing the little flashes when the hammer hits the rocks may be startin’ to bother me also, sigh. There’s a lot of flashy things in this game that look great, but add up over a long time to eye strain.

Between the lens-flare, the bomb flashes, and the sparks from mining, I’ve noticed my headaches and dizziness get worse, so I may have’to become a full-time logger/crafter unless we can get the option to reduce or remove some of the more flashy visual effects.

I would definitely put a photosensitivity warning in the game just in case if these can’t ever be toggled.

1 Like

Not that it helps, but I have noted that the flashes from hammering and also torch flickering is a lot better in the current version than it was before.

At least that shows that there can be improvement, and I would like to take this opportunity to say; I noticed.

Anyways, I hope you will get your relief as well.

I myself don’t have any kind of sensitivity to any kind of light but moonlight bloom is a bit uncomfortable. So I agree with you on that one.

This, please. It really spoils the view and makes gathering difficult.

Edit:

This, too. It’s silly bright at night, like having a second sun.

3 Likes

Not just sun and moon , but many other stuff have this ray around them. Diamond torch for example , has the same ray around it that spoils the screen and view. I myself would prefer a bright diamond torch without that bloom ray around it when u hold it in your hand.

1 Like

Yea that sun flare is horrible.

Any word on this yet? Are we going to get the ability to toggle this? I can’t play much because of all the flashing and bright lights in the game.

omg so funny Xd

1 Like

Ahhhh…nothing like getting killed instantly cuz “I was blinded by the light…”

We need sunglasses in game or something need to be done about the damn light…

Mom always said “don’t look at the sun”.
You also can find it in the great books of Oort Wisdom (kept by Illuminoorti).

1 Like

Sun… this mythical thing that supposedly is somewhere very high above the gems I try to find…

Seriously dig dip, no sun, problem solved :wink:

1 Like