Flying

Oh I think we’ll get our airships, one way or another.

What do you think Titan guts are for?

5 Likes

Beef stew, cause that is always everything but beef

At this point, I’m not eventirely sure what titans are made of.

I can tell you they contain a colored power core.

How can you tell me that? WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN?!?

3 Likes

Quick, grab your sunglasses! The deneurolyzer is coming!

2 Likes

I’m ready.

http://www.cheap-heat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/they_live_34.png

1 Like

Don’t forget TITAN_ENERGY_VEIN :wink:

1 Like

From what I’ve been gathering from the new sketches, and these oddities in the builder, it almost seems like the titans won’t be giant bi-pedal bosses you first imagined

but instead, some sort of flying, living island built in voxels with the world generator, likely mobile based on that short .gif we saw a while back.

Is that right? This could drastically affect how players view the game.

4 Likes

I also think it will be that way. There are just way too much problems with giant bipedal creatures in a voxel game (tunnels, cliffs, escarpments, etc)

Looking at the new artwork Naxxramas is coming into my mind:

And surprisingly I cant think of a single reason against this idea.

1 Like

For me one of the downsides would be that it feels kinda… inanimate? like if you have something huge that looks humanoid or beast going towards you then you feel sorta like a living thing is approching, but if it is just a random flying chunk? not quite the same feeling of terror.

Yeah, I’m getting a similar vibe from that. It’s just that the name “Titan” personally implies something more like a giant hulking monster than a flying dungeon.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it will be a monster, that contains the power core. that’s the drop from killing it.

I suspect the other block types are for defining the area it can operate in/ pathing.

1 Like

Certainly hoping you’re correct.

It’s a safe bet that they won’t reveal any more telling details until after next weeks video.

That would be pretty true, originally they said that they guide oort temples, maybe the temples are flying so people can find them easier and making it easier to spawn into a world.

Not necessary, for example in EvE online a “titan” was the largest ship class.
I think we just have those giant bipedal creatures in mind because they were showed in the early artworks and now we automatically associate the word titan with them.

Also, Cleo’s work has stayed pretty close to the original concept art. I think it unlikely they would walk away from one of the major concepts they used to sell the game.

Whatever we end up doing: we thought a LOT about what would be the coolest and the most fun concept to play, unlike any game you’ve ever played before. And I’ll leave it at that.

4 Likes