Flying

Yep higher jumps may be bursts and then glide… But flying nonstop don’t fit to Oort for many people,me included.

Maybe the highest tier flight would allow full on superman style, but with a timer that brings you back down after ten seconds of flight.

1 Like

If one had to balance altitude and position in the air with jetpack device, it would not be too easy to aim at the correct position of a block to be placed.

A fun element would be a Yoshi jump (press and hold jump button to gain a little more height), only with a butterfly tumbling animation. In a way that the rising curve is not too clean or smooth, just a little tumbling. It would have the appeal of a delicate flying approach with little wings - maybe not too useful, but charming.

Another idea would be to hover above ground by pressing the fly button once. Again pressing the button would cause the char to lift one or two block heights up - while still hovering, not gaining and losing altitude. Very powerful flying device/magic/wings this would be.

1 Like

Flutter kick Yoshi, good times… if you played Yoshi’s Island (maybe it was Yoshi’s Story?) there is a way to literally fly up if you time the consecutive flutter kicks right.

The ultimate form would be the flying style of the Peanut char Woodstock. Guess this would make things unplayable. Nevertheless being able to tumblefly through the world of Oort and show off little loopings would be fantastic : )

1 Like

YES.

I love that episode but that would look so funny seeing heaps of characters flying randomly through the air like that…

Minecraft is adding wings called Elytra that allows players to glide (reminds me of cubeworld and trove wings)
Would love to have something similar to explore the beautiful worlds in Oort.

If something like that comes to Oort I’d love to have different styles of it. cough SAO cough
And like @Zouls and I already discussed in another thread. If flying anything will be a thing, there should be something to balance it. Like agressive flying mobs, duration limit etc.

1 Like

Jump to this link for more flight discussions:
https://forum.oortonline.com/t/flying/547/33

2 Likes

Didnt realize there was one! whoops. @Havok40k merge?

1 Like

You have summoned me? Do you have my payment of one soul to devour?

3 Likes

Jk, was buying time, I’m at work. Gimme a bit.

1 Like

+1 for gliding. Standing atop a huge mountain and being able to throw myself off the edge and plummet a bit before entering a long, slow glide to the valley’s floor would be an EPIC way to travel very short distances - and only down. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of being able to build your own airships…

Just sayin’.

11 Likes

I have been thinking of a multiplayer crafting process. Where different players have different stats or abilities and combined they come up with the required skills for bigger objects like an airship.
I’d love to describe this more in detail, but since my diving course, I feel re-baby-lized. It must have been the water flushing through my head :slight_smile:
I already tried to make a logical sketch, but it is more difficult to work out and balance it. I simply lack game mechanical experience. But maybe I’ll get the hang of it. I should try again!
Cheers to all of you from beautiful Italy, where I spend my long postponed summer holidays. :)))

2 Likes

As long as there is always a smaller vehicle that basically does the same (meaning: it can fly, dive, swim nothing more specific) but can be piloted by just one person, I’m sold for such a mechanic^^

3 Likes

I think a small airship would be pretty neat. Like single person airship : ) Actually, there haven been quite small airships in history, even smaller than blimps.

Maybe it’s faster but lacks defence/attack power.

I NEED AN AIRSHIP!

NEED. :neutral_face:

but yeah, if you can’t do that, I really want wings, or a jetpack or something.