Footfall farm

How about a footfall glide track? It can be connected to any settlement on any planet? All you gotta do is hold down “jump”?

(You can connect glide tracks through portals)

6 Likes

Awesome! I’ll use some of them awesome ideas in my current project!

If someone had the time to make a series of slides on a sov you could probably slide/portal your way along an entire experience planet in minutes. It wouldn’t take any more portals than the region XP farms, I think.

If you were building 32 plot slides you might be able to slide from some regions, to the next.

It would be low prestige though, you couldn’t even let the beacons merge for combined prestige if you wanted the slides to work.

1 Like

you mean region xp slides?

1 Like

Yeah a slide can be at least 32 plots long, this might sometimes get you from region to region.

Then the portal to the “top” could be the top of the next slide, sometimes a third region.

Depending on the layout it could actually be less portals to maintain. But you would have to travel the whole thing every month to fuel it.

EDIT: After thinking for a sec I scrolled the thread. Since it got on the subject of footfall farming in general I forgot the region XP farm since it’s a recent meta. It does require a platform in every region.

It has the same issue though making a ton of tiny settlements really spreads the prestige. I’m not sure how lucrative it is in practice.

Last time i saw there where just a few random floating slid plots.

1 Like

But if you just make the slide the entrance to … say … a sovereign from its portals (ie, all portals drop you onto the slide) then you could easily ensure that lots of folks get easy money. Whilst not making it a farm, per se.

You could also easily allow access to the portals with a one-block higher platform that is also one block away, which folks just drop into the portal to go in the opposite direction.

If I ever make a farm it will use a glide track. :slight_smile:

Might be a good use of a beacon on TUTORIAL, tbf.

2 Likes

Is that the sovereign planet? If so, i’ll be up for building some stuff on there for sure

2 Likes

It is! @majorvex’s brilliant thing. Although I don’t think a footfall slide would be appropriate there … your glide thing would be a GREAT little thing to have there.

It’s like a much better version of what I wanted to do with Boundless School. :slight_smile:

I’ve already started to make an OVIS Lift / Elevator demo (which I need to edit the walls to something less imposing on) which is also a demo on how to do a super compact colour storage (with room to expand).

It’s in early stages, but I’d happily give you full perms to edit / improve, since it is your design, and I wouldn’t want to do it a disservice. I plan on including the demos that I had at Boundless School there, too. Maybe even use the colour storage rooms to do that, I dunno.

But I feel like we’re going off track (pun intended) here … probably best chat elsewhere or PM/DM on it.

1 Like

That old footfall slide with portals would kill me constantly,as I slid down at 5000mph and the portal was too slow to open. :nauseated_face::face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I bet it was made by @Bethlehem … it feels like a @Bethlehem kind of thing to do, maybe with a lava pit behind the portal, in case you lucked out and glitched right through it. :wink: :smiling_imp:

Nah, it was way too tame for Beth to make. Incidentally, I made a slide in Ceph a little while ago that led down a hole to a refinery workshop. I designed it to almost kill anyone who went down the slide. I got reported for that haha! Well, I was reported because of a sign outside saying Slide On In. 🤷

4 Likes

I slid down that to my death, but I never reported it. I was too busy laughing!

2 Likes

I really love your idea with automated footfall farm. Let me know if you are going to build one.

Blockquote It doesn’t quite work like this, though. For footfall. You can ride the ride over and over but each avatar only generates footfall on your beacon once per 24hr.

But how about putting few different individual beacons owned by same player? Would every beacon generate a separate footfall? If yes than that could work.

I remember a slide with a clown at the end. Got a friend to go down it, he hates clowns :clown_face: :smiling_imp:

An avatar will only generate footfall in one beacon owned by the same avatar, per settlement, per day.

You can use several alts to own different beacons, this will allow them to generate more than one payment for you. But a bunch of beacons owned by the same avatar will only generate one payment, per settlement.

This is why you could also not just build enough to join all the platforms/slides and turn the entire planet into one giant Great City. You would only earn footfall on the first one each person used, on any given day.

As long as the platforms/slides are separate settlements, you generate footfall for your beacon in each one.

To add to Nightstar, the connected beacons can however be on the same guild.
So if you align them to a guild and make that beacon guild controlled ,you could claim all the footfall with 1 character

1 Like

I’m not sure it counts towards your personal footfall for the achievement. I’ve collected a lot more than 500k footfall over the last few years, but have never got the achievement. All my beacons are guild controlled with coin going to the guild. If the beacons were guild controlled, but the money was set to not go to the guild, would the footfall then count towards the achievement?

I’m a harsh and unforgiving Queen.

5 Likes