Footfall status after Release 211

Good to see that it’s being looked at. From what I was seeing last night testing with a friend, footfall is currently just shy of 50% on average for a player that has already visited but varies wildly from beacon to beacon, plus or minus 10%. We didn’t track it meticulously but noticed that after a few chars ran through plots we didn’t get full credit.

Can test further tonight, but if you guys already found it we’re probably good to go.

Just don’t let it go another month this time lol. We lost a lot of players to that. Sure, the argument was, “But it has been 24 days timer since launch,” but you guys were basing balance on the assumption that 24 days had somehow become the expectation simply because it had in theory been the reality… even though 24 days didn’t become a reality until we were a month in.

If it makes you feel better I haven’t gotten any coins at brick Corp in new layeden.

Are you claiming 0 coins? Or very few.

From a bug hunting perspective these are quite different.

Can anyone tell me, what’s the maximum coin p/person you can earn? Is it 80?
If so, how much prestige do you need to have to trigger it?

I think 100 is max. At least that’s the highest I’ve seen

1 Like

Here you go:

3 Likes

thank you…

very much (10 characters)

If you’re in a (great) city then you need 10k at least to trigger that…

Footfall report:

I havent checked this beacon since yesterday around 7-8pm cst. I usually get around 2k coins a night on the low side. My beacon currently has 216c in it. so a roughly 25% of what i used to get.

They’re still working on it. Looks like we’ll get a patch next week.

So a whole weekend of pretty much no footfall. This is an issue that should be hotfixed before the weekend. Shouldnt be this many bugs on a realeased product. :expressionless:

1 Like

Thanks @james and @lucadeltodecso. The bug is buggy but I can be patient for a few more days… I’m just glad to know you guys see there is an issue and are working on it. I’d rather you keep it stable than release it before it’s right.

You guys are doing great! Thank you!

1 Like

For a non-trivial fix they’re doing the best they can. Hopefully we’ll see the finished product tilt more into “buff” territory than “nerf.”

2 Likes

I am ok with where i was. I was making around 10k daily now im seeing maybe 1k

1 Like

Yeah we have no idea where it’s headed since it’s currently broken.

I have experienced both of these. My largest beacon has received zero since 8am uk. My shops, as per my post. Very very low

Definitely not getting the foot fall I was before the update. Bumped up a few of my beacons prestige to over 10000 to see if they start producing coin again. In the mean time I built this.

10 Likes

@lucadeltodecso @james

I have a question since I realised something…

I always have some issues with not enough plots, so the market is a bit messy in places with plots owned by several alts.

The two with the most plots there are my Merchant alt and my main.

So I have a bit of a footfall trap in front of my portals which just grew like that out of necessity. Once I noticed I thought “meh, kinda handy”.

The first 2 rows right after coming out of the portals:
first row: Main
second row: Merchant

then either shop stalls or paths, the paths can be on those 2 or on my Crafter.

My question thus is:
A player visiting my market first steps onto my main’s plots, then walks further and goes over my merchant’s plots. No one can somehow manage to not do this, or they have to come walking instead of using portals.

How come my merchant’s beacon is receving more footfall coin than my main?

Fun fact: my main has almost 3k plots around New Leyden ALL on the same beacon

I can’t wrap my head around this at all! I would actually expect it to be the other way around (which it was with the old system!).

Also, please reconsider refreshing the last visit date+time stamp for a player who has visited already in the past 24 hours!

Like someone already said, if a person comes back every 23 hours they will never generate footfall after the first time. That is correct, but a more real example would be a player who comes around twice a day every day.

Surely this can not be what is actually a good thing?

I understand you want to dampen footfall for busy places, but if I just create a place where people frequently come back to I am being punished for that.

Do I have to close the market every 24hours to be able to get more footfall?

You mentioned the design didn’t match the implementation, fine, but please reconsider changing the design as well please!

Expected behaviour:
Player A visits on January 1 at 12:00, time+date is saved. Coin given.
Player A visits on January 1 at 23:00, time+date not refreshed, visited in past 24 hours, coin not given.
Player A visits on January 2 at 12:00, time+date is saved. Coin given
Player A visits on January 2 at 23:00, time+date not refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 3 at 12:00, time+date is saved. Coin given
Player A visits on January 3 at 23:00, time+date not refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 4 at 12:00, time+date is saved. Coin given
Player A visits on January 4 at 23:00, time+date not refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 5 at 12:00, time+date is saved. Coin given

With your current design AND implemetation it is:
Player A visits on January 1 at 12:00, time+date is saved. Coin given.
Player A visits on January 1 at 23:00, time+date refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 2 at 12:00, time+date refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 2 at 23:00, time+date not refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 3 at 12:00, time+date is saved. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 3 at 23:00, time+date refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 4 at 12:00, time+date refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 4 at 23:00, time+date not refreshed. Coin not given.
Player A visits on January 5 at 12:00, time+date is saved. Coin not given.

4 Likes

And another question (post was already rather long)

I tested something out, I moved 3 plots in a path on the market from my merchant to my main and made 3 seperate beacons. I’ve seen players run over them, a friend’s alt ran over them on purpose.

Coin in each of the 3 beacons: 0c

(and yes, no bridging issues, prestige above 10k on each)

Correct behaviour???

Also, hope you’re not taking this the wrong way, just trying to help to get to the bottom of this!

@james @lucadeltodecso

1 Like

I am understanding I that this is a bug that needs time to work on. The problem in the footfall, the coins is not intended to be a nerf.
However, the setup of coins that shop owners get from footfall is intentional, planned.
What I don’t like is the concept that Player A comes and looks at my shop and buy 100c coins worth and I get 80c for the visit. Timer is set to day one
Two days later Player A comes back and spends another 50c on something. I get no footfall And the timer is reset to day one
Day four the same player runs past my shop and stops to say hi since I am there restocking. Timer is reset to day one
Day five, don’t see Player A
Day six, I am thinking that from Player A, if they visit, I will now get footfall from them

But, according to your programing, The timer has been resent on day four So I now have four more days to wait. And during that four days, the player stops in twice. So, the timer resents.
A month later, because the player has passed by my shop and maybe every three of four days looked to see if there is anything new, I won’t have gotten any footfall from him.
I’m not wanting a lot of coins, just enough to buy what I need and some to splurge on some items. But, the footfall of 500c to 1k a day would be helpful. To lose it would cause me to not have the ability to have a shop.
And like the others, why have a shop if I can’t afford to buy what I can’t get on my own to make the items I want or need to make the food or ingredients?

Footfall needs to reset to a day. I am in the mall two and sometimes three times a day, maybe later I won’t go as much, but maybe I will still continue to visit, but either way, Those visit will hurt fellow shopkeepers and that isn’t fair that when I have to run past to get to my shop I just made them lose footfall.