Footfall status after Release 211

And im sure that person appreciated it (someone bought all mine in bulk this week, twice… thank you if that was you). As a multi store owner whos not a millionaire, i defintiely appreciate it when someone buys out full stands.

I dont jack up prices, and i put all the profits back into request baskets. So im sure the little guy selling to the medium guy appreciated it too!

2 Likes

About 20% of pre-guild update today. half the amount of what i recieved yesterday

Interesting.

I checked the beacons at both of my LED stores, one in Gyosha Mall and one in Blacklight, and footfall seemed to have itself corrected for me. Dividends of 80 plus an odd number added to the 80. So I can see, that 3 people walked by today(240) and one person came back a second time(291).

My prestige is just barely over 10k at both places if that matters.

Edit: one beacon is aligned with Gyosha,the other with cuttlepunks. My house beacon in Blacklight is fine also. That one isn’t aligned with anyone.

Any ETA on footfall fix…? It was still operating at roughly 50% the other day for a mediocre beacon.

Pretty sure it is now working as intended. I’ve been getting a comfortable 2k-3k/day in my shop which is actually up a little from pre-211.

My testing so far indicates that it’s a slight buff as long as you keep getting new visitors, but a bit of a drop for people that visit you every day. We’ll see where it’ll land in the over-time sense, as for the moment people seem to be paying attention only to what their daily footfall earnings are rather than, say, weekly.

If it’s more on some days and less on others due to the repeat-visitor timer, the weekly/monthly earnings should in theory balance it out to about the same over time.

But it appears to be working as intended now.

The test is only two days in, but it’s looking promising so far.

1 Like

I’m starting to see an increase also. Now, whether that’s a result of the system now working as intended or my store is getting more traffic than usual? Time will tell. But so far it’s looking a lot better than it was.

I have yet to see the alleged buff side of it then. I’m mostly miffed about the softcore nerf aspect of it concurrent with 160,000c guild buffs being launched.

“Enjoy cool new thing!!1 Good luck paying for it.”

Well, they’re guild buffs. The cost in theory should be spread over lots of players, so I don’t think there would be that much trouble keeping 'em running. Paying for all three max level buffs by yourself would probably sting a little.

Smaller guilds could have some trouble with it but they could just opt to become a faction of a larger guild instead.

1 Like

If they feel like the metrics show that it is too difficult to maintain buffs, they’ll buff it down the line. They’re watching the data, but it’ll take time to play out.

1 Like

If I have a settlement and I have two or more beacons is only one beacon allowed to receive footfall all of the beacons have over 10k prestige but only one gets footfall even when someone runs all through the settlement.

Having difficulty finding the exact Dev quote for you, but basically you’ll only get 1 footfall payment per visitor per settlement, regardless of the number of beacons you have there (this is per-character). They’ll only trigger footfall in the first beacon of yours that they step into. Your only alternative is to have your beacons owned by different characters.

1 Like

Only the first beacon belonging to the same character in each settlement will get footfall.

So if your Character A has 10 beacons in Settlement X, a visitor will only generate footfall in the first beacon they enter, and not in any others.

If the visitor enters a different beacon in Settlement Y that belongs to Character A, that generates footfall there too because its a different settlement.

If the visitor enters a different beacon in Settlement X belonging to Character B, that too generates footfall for that beacon, because its a different character.

1 Like

Fun fact, one of my other names is Arkahn.

I used to go by Ark. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I mostly go by Bliss (because people are too lazy to type Blissett, myself included but they don’t allow forum display name changes so :man_shrugging:

tfw everyone thinks your name is from Ark: Survival Evolved but you’ve gone by Ark since 2008

I’ve gone by Ark since circa 1997, it was my handle in a CircleMUD back in the day. :stuck_out_tongue:

bows out

Ok so I have so much footfall right now that I’m doubting my own memory.

I’m tired. I’m something like 96% certain that I cleared all my coin boxes friday. I’m 100% certain that I cleared them right after Tuesday’s update. All of my other beacons have very little footfall and here’s my main build:

It’s not the amount, exactly, but look that’s about 20% of the total footfall I’ve ever received at this beacon. I’m pretty sure that I started this build in the second week of november.

Since friday.

Ahhh I think the extra 100k prestige and the portal hub I added this week are paying off.

Footfall status: Better than expected!

Yeah, I have a feeling that people who are collecting their footfall daily instead of letting it accumulate may be having a bit of confirmation bias, in the sense that days when it’s lower are sticking out more than days when it’s higher or the same, so they get noticed more, disregarding the cumulative footfall. With the new 5 day timer it’s bound to be a bit more wavy instead of a constant daily amount.

But of course this is just a hunch and warrants more testing.