For those considering on quitting the game

I know some are considering hanging it up for good in spite of what’s going on. But do consider leaving your materials with someone who will continue their legacy in game, like myself, I am planning a long haul project and would hate to see materials go to waste sitting in reclaim forever. Allow me to be of use in receiving your mats and I will build a gravestone commemorating your presence and your legacy.

6 Likes

if you considering quitting game, please donate all your coins and tools to me to help me exploring every exo and posting picture to everyone watching exo topics at forum :smiley:

6 Likes

I am going nowhere. lol

2 Likes

Theres nobody really quitting the game. They all keep their stuff partly even plots and they dont delete their chars. I would call it rather a break or something else. I just know one person that really deleted his chars. But thats already longer ago.

2 Likes

and that’s a shame too, wasted potential

3 Likes

What shall i say, i borrowed stuff to my family and they also quitted. And it sits forever in the data base of the servers as a reclaim. I am at that point where i dont care anymore. But sure its a waste.

2 Likes

i know :smiley:
what i wrote wasnt for you personally but for all wanted to quiit :smiley:

3 Likes

I just hibernate occasionally

5 Likes

There have been many posts like this. I know I made one and I also inherited quite a few things from people that have quit in the past. I even said I wasn’t going anywhere, and you know what, I quit for 3 months with the full intention of never coming back.

That being said, I do agree I’d very much love to see the materials and the good go somewhere where they would be of use. Pretty sure anyone that is still playing will just reclaim and let it sit there until Monumental does something.

3 Likes

I left all my stuff with one player after I quit.

Seems that player quit a few days later too. So I guess it is all safe somewhere in a reclaim.

2 Likes

“oh your quitting? Can I haz ur stuff?” :rofl:

2 Likes

For Me it isn’t cause of what’s going on it’s the “Drive” finally Fading For me that I think about calling it, I’ve also said I wasn’t going anywhere but the Passion Quickly Faded

As for me I tried to hand my stuff off to players I Respect and Acknowledge in game but all 6 Respectfully Declined the Wealth of the :cookie: in the Hopes of my change of :heart: to return to Boundless.

We will see I do pop on occasionaly look at progress maybe I’ll finish ma City & leave it there in Limbo. Time will tell I’m just calling it a Break for now :cookie:

9 Likes

It’s basically what I’ve said for good couple of years. People get bored with a game and quit, some times they come back, some times.rhey don’t, but the base game will always be there.

If swords and shields were added I doubt many would come back for that and in the end I don’t even think Monumental’s focus is or should be the current player base as much as it should be getting new players.

Most people are just bored and it’s not even because the game has no content, it is because people have played through all of the content. The only thing left to do is build… for me when I “almost” quit, I reclaimed everything and when I came back I had to start over, but not completely over as I had a ton of stuff in reclaim, but coming back to no builds in game game me a little burst of wanting to play more.

I guess the point is, when you have spent thousands of hours in any game … you’ll eventually just get bored … no matter how much content it has. Back to the OP, if you want to quit do pass your stuff on to someone who still plays be it a new person or someone who you trust to do good with your items. I’ve inherited a good bit, but I usually just hold on to it for people as I know many may one day return.

2 Likes

If swords and shields came, I’d be back. At least for a couple of weeks, maybe the bug would bite me and I’d be back for longer, maybe not, but updates would get me to pop back on to do more than just fuel a handful of beacons.

1 Like

Exactly my point … but totally understand.

1 Like

what’s going on

Did something change, or is this the same “silence = doom” thing that’s been going on for years now?

6 Likes

Same silence.

3 Likes

the end of the world that never came

5 Likes

the future that still exists

3 Likes

I’ve come close to quitting twice. Each time, great people from a nice guild have caught my interest and welcomed me into their guild family.
I now log on about twice a week. Once to take a look around, check beacon fuel, shop sales, and refill portals. The 2nd one is going to the Gizmo Hunt every Sunday at 5 PM CST.

3 Likes