Forgable hand tillers

If this has come up before and I just missed it, apologies!

But why are hand tillers not forgable?

AOE, speed, durability would all be useful for tilling and harvesting.

Not quite sure why it wouldn’t be a thing.

2 Likes

I thought they were at one point?

I asked the same question before release and never got an answer. Guessing because you only have to till the block once.

But they then designed them to be used as harvesters as well, if I remember reading correctly.

So forging would be useful then!

And useful for tilling large areas on any case.

At one point, they were toying with the idea of having the soil possibly become untilled on a chance when you harvested crops

This was implemented. I had to re-till 9 blocks out of 80 this morning before I left for work.

3 Likes

The AoE tilling on testing wasn’t functioning properly (in the same way as spanners) so it was mentioned that it would be added later on. I will try to add a quote here when I can find it.

Edit: I’m having trouble finding a definite statement of this, but I was sure that during the testing period I’d seen a dev post saying that it would be added later… :confused:

I think this is what you were referencing?

From this discussion? Recipe for tiller n watercan - #16 by boundmore

1 Like

Yes, that was the quote I was looking for! Thank you. Was beginning to doubt I’d ever seen it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

it could be interesting to use. Since a tiller can be used to gather crops as well as till the soil it sounds like a great idea. But, lets say you have two crops side by side and need to retill a few patches of soil (when you harvest some soil will have to retilled). If you are not careful you could harvest a crop you did not mean to.

So might need an aoe and a 1x1 for detail work.

Just like for harvesting water and using it in the build!

Or any other building too thing now that I think about it haha.

Having the option would be superb though.