Forged titanium hammer pricing question

Hi there, i made my first “decent” hammers.
I would like to know what price should i put?
I’m now at 13k. Is it too high for those hammers? I’ve look some places but it’s not so concluding.
Thanks!

No idea what that says but I’m gunna guess it’s a 3x3 AoE hammer with devastating damage boon?

So does it worth 13k? More, less?

1 Like

13k seems relatively fair. Maybe slightly high for my tastes personally. But I made about 30k worth of gems in about 20 minutes (using super strength brew) with about half of a 3x3 titanium hammer so the ROI is certainly worth it in my opinion.

Moonies in Finata Ultima hub sells 3x3 Titan AOE hammers for around 5-6k each. She doesnt rip you off like 90% of people do.

And they are good hammers as well, like yours.

1 Like

That hammer is worth 10k minimum, and for that damage even 15k would be fair. Has higher dmg than my AoE gem hammer lol.

1 Like

Just because someone is selling well below the current market value doesn’t mean “90% of everyone else is trying to rip you off”. From what I understand of economics, it means she either discovered a new method which costs significantly less than the methods most other forgers are using, or it means shes operating in the red and is spending more coin (on forging) than she’s earning (from forging.)

This… ive sold stuff “at cost” or below cost because 1) I want people to come back 2) I rather make less coin quicker than standard prices would sell for 3) I plain just like giving people things they need.
Not to say it wasn’t indeed a ripoff because i’m still only at mid game but these are just my reasons for selling too cheap.

1 Like

Where is Moonies located in the Finata Ultima hub??

Before i started the forge, even some time again, i always buy my tools from moonie. she really has awesome deal. but the difference is she has the financial capability to sustain her shop or she has a very good providers. this is what i don’t have. but 13k seems ok to me. i’ve looked other places that sells forged Titanium hammers and they sell them 15-22k for a worse hammer than mine. I don’t know what to think, i don’t want to rip off anybody. the fact is i think i have good prices. a week or two ago, i had all advanced coils 5 time. i sold them 13k.

I think 13k is a good price for a full AOE with Damage. Everybodys a critic and wants tools at a stock price. What we all have to keep in mind in how simple supply and demand effect these prices.

My forging strategy requires about 1500c to 2000c per tool in forging ingredients and thats based upon what it would take to buy all the ingredients. Iron versus Titanium is only a difference of 300 - 500c per tool. So manufactures cost of producing a tool is around 2500. Thats what everybody wants.

However with so many players still standing at the bottom of that “Power Wall” (supply) needing a little help to get to gem mining themselves, there is a large amount of people willing to pay over 10k for a regular full AOE titanium tool and that’s really all that matters (demand). People will buy at that price. Those that charge less are good, charitable people that have the public in mind. But those that keep their prices between 10k-15k for Titanium tools are good people too trying to make sure they can offest their gathering needs and purchase some of the ingredients to (try) keep a supply of tools in stock for the public. those that charge over 20k for a titanium tool…I shake my head at you.

I dont know how i feel about Gem tools being over 20k. that feels unnecessary unless it comes with pie. I would like a pecan pie with my Emerald hammer.

@Vonzehogan I think your in the rite price range. If you make some Titanium hammers maybe i’ll pay you a visit sometime.

(Shameless plug) I sell Iron AOE tools of all types for 3-5k. Saturday i’ll have a new large stock. Find me in Lacuna, Davanzatis portal behind the Boori portal on Gravidias (PS-HQ) HUB.

Thanks @Mittins for this reply.

Im not sure yet about my price but i am (out of work hours) actually crafting all titanium tools to supply my shop. on that batch, i’ll do some forging but keep some to unforged state.

My shop is not fully filled yet. when this time comes up, i will create a post to advertise my shop! But if you want to take a look, im on Kada I.

Ultima hub–>us east–>Kada I and right out of the warp.

Nice price! Have coords? … every time I go there… it looks different and I get lost… :sob:

Moonies is above troll market and AJs. In the shop area on the 2nd floor.

Will get coords for everyone later.

2 Likes

Please show me current market value – everyone is all over the place. Just because EVERYONE rips you off doesnt mean that is the norm.

Your logic goes both ways.

1 Like

I’m well aware of Moonies and I promote the store and the owner on several occasions. But what you and most people don’t know about her prices is that she’s only able to pump out at those prices and volume because of the play time she has as of right now. She’s currently on college break and has the time to devote to the entire supply chain that is involved with forging. Once she gets back to her regular school schedule, the volume that she keeps at won’t be sustainable. Of course, I can be wrong as I don’t know her life schedule nor do I care to.

But I don’t think you can use her as an example of how all store owners should operate. And please keep in mind that she sells out fast and will go for days before she can restock again. This also needs to be taken into account before we should use Moonies as the benchmark for pricing strategies and how shop owners should operate.

“Universal law is for lackeys; context is for kings”
Captain Lorca

@deenw shouldn’t the benchmark be (bare with me here XD) a rounded or averaged price for the materials to make whatever it may be. Granted I know that the prices of the ingredients vary as well. Just a thought

I’m typically trying to price things like that, an average of material cost per mass craft and 25% premium (15% for time/spark etc and profit and 10% tax. I’ll also offer a discount on hand trade)

Of course people are free to price at whatever they want. Last night I found someone selling an intermediate ingredient for 300c less per item than I calculated my cost at so I bought all they had. Often things are way over what I’m willing to pay.

@RedDemption. Ideally yeah. But there is a level of RNGness with forging which makes it tough to average out the cost of prices and determine a benchmark. Plus, you need to really do a deep dive into a specific niche. For example, you can’t say average base price of a forged titan hammer is 10k.

But you can say, average base price for a forged AOE 3x3 titan hammer with a 30% action speed buff plus a 20% base damage buff is 10k.

But how many people do you know are focused on that specific area or have expertise close to that area? Exactly. In order to know the benchmark or competitive price, you have to have alot of experience in forging to help smooth out the RNGness of this trade. And there’s only a few people who really know this.

Because of the dynamics of forging, I find it silly to argue on price because we also haven’t factored in play time and how people run their supply chain. Some people will gather all the materials themselves. Others rely on a personal network of suppliers. This is all factored into their pricing strategy.

Ultimately, the real question that should be asked is, “How much is said forged hammer worth to you?” The market has pretty much determined that price already and from what I’ve seen, people are willing to pay a hefty sum :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a slight follow up; I don’t do forging myself. But I personally like the randomness of it and it’s really the last trade in Boundless that will have a sustainable business model for those who want to commit to it. Every other trade such as regular tools/weapons, food, and raw materials has already been determined. It will be extremely tough for both existing and new shop owners to be able to compete in a few months because of the deterministic environment of these trades. But forgers are gonna be in business for a while.