Forging Defects!

I have been forging for quite sometime, (self tought, and have tried almost every method known to man) (the cheaper way, low end forging long time ago, to the high end stuff) but lately I have been scratching my head to all these dead ends no matter which way you try to crack it, because I have been back and forth from the drawing board a million times lately trying to improve my methods. (Always trying to improve my methods) I’ve read each ingredient a million times over and over for over a year and I could swear that pure boon only rolls on the boon side right?? Maybe… maybe not…

Even after using vig cat 2, removing all buffs and debuffs, go to use pure boon ( i do understand there is points in the defect side because I use corrupt 2, which adds 180 defect points each time you use it, and it rolls the defect slider) but just because there is points in the defect side, even after you vig cat 2 all your buffs and debuffs and clear your slate, is it really fair to roll on the defect side just because there’s points in the slider after using a pure boon with a clean slate??, (PURE BOON DOES NOT APPLY DEFECT POINTS, NOR SHOULD IT ROLL DEFECT SLIDERS)!! Something isn’t right here if you ask me. Spend tons of money on high end Mats to get HIGHER END RESULTS, only to be cut short on your last few pure boon rolls which you have already got lucky and skated around defects so you should be in the clear, but nope, DEFECT, DEFECT, DEFECT! Don’t get me wrong, every once and a blue moon, no defect, but more often then not, DEFECT!

After all, high end forgers spend a small fortune on high end mats to try and get high end results for people, but there needs to be some kind of give and take with this to make maxing, or fairly close to maxing a little bit more feesable. I don’t think this is right, its just take take take, hardly any give, we are dealing with rng as is, and I think when you use vig cat to clear your slate, that means that all points sliders stop dead, now depending on what compound you decide to use, If its another compound that adds defects, or a quirk compound, then the defect/quirk slider should roll, if you use a pure boon with a clean slate, then there should be no defect/quirk slider movement EVEN IF THERE IS POINTS IN IT.

Sry guys, had to get this off my chest, and all you high end forgers know exactly what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

Forging used to be some what reasonable in 2018, then they nerfed it, ever since then its been an RNG mess that I refuse to deal with any longer. I just buy all of my forged items now from other players.

2 Likes

I get where you come from, using a mix of corrupt and pure compounds myself, tho I think it’s fair having points in defect rolls defects. You did ‘corrupt’ the forge early on after all :man_shrugging:

The compounds are simply ‘adding points’, and anything that ‘adds points’ rolls everything with points in the slider, that be compounds or solvents.

1 Like

I hear ya, but exactly what you said, I used a defect compound in the beginning and dodged the defects. But making it roll the slider even when you clear slate, imo shouldn’t keep rolling the slider with a non defect compound. I agree with having rng, but when you learn how to dodge things and/or a little luck too, then it becomes a skill and therefore shouldn’t punish you all the way to the end

I enjoy forging because the outcome on a good forge is absolutely rewarding but I guess I hear your point too and thats what makes forgers few and far between anymore

Technically vigor catalysts’ function is not making it a ‘clean slate’, it just converts active buffs and debuffs to vigor. Any forging done is still there.

Rather, decon resins would be making your item a clean slate :rofl:

The non-pure compounds would be much more powerful if the forge didn’t roll defects/quirks for compounds that don’t add those imo. Things like reduction compounds barely if not ever get used already as of now, there would be even less reason to do so.

1 Like

Lmao i kno ur right kokuma lol, I guess I was just trying to pinpoint a small problem they could fix to make it a little more reasonable

1 Like

I do agree the forge can be very unreasonable at times… tho my problems with it is mostly the gums.
less than 2% chance to get a glow boon, yet happens far too often :joy:

Kinda why I simply refuse to forge slingbows. Anything else I can put up with, but that 16 boon type monstrosity with gums that have 4 boons associated with it is just something i refuse to work with.

Lol and that’s why the decon 3’s are the most used ingredient in boundless history. Thank God for decon 3’s! But sure gets tedious when ur 2 boons in the right direction only to be slumbed by the last freakin 1 for like 85 tries in a row haha

Makes you just wanna set the keyboard ablaze sometimes! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
:grin:

Well its nice some people are able to enjoy it, Unforunately for me the level of RNG wears me out to the point that by the time I am done forging, I am too worn out to enjoy any reward it may offer and it in fact makes me want to go play a different game.

“And even when I have a chance to win, I lose because it’s random. Like it’s up to random chance sometimes, and I hate random chance, because I hate when it’s just not entirely dependent on skill, because that means that no matter how hard I try, it’s every possibility that I could lose every single time if it’s random, and I don’t like that.” - Markiplier

I completely hear where your coming from, I think I’m down to like 2 forges per day cuz the outcomes are just too terrible anymore. If they don’t help out and hear us when we cry for help, unfortunately the forge might become a thing of the past :sob:

And augments might creep into the spotlight

Forging IS only luck to get the right boons what you want or Need and this is the Most terrible Part of IT everything ealse is Just how to know to Forge .

Its ridiculous to get boons which are Not from the glue you used thats the point i have No understanding for. Thats the only Thing that Has really to be fixed.

Thats the point why only few people are forging because of the luck you Need in forging.

1 Like

I think if folks sold more defected <sic> items at knockoff prices, they would be surprised at how many folks would buy them because they can’t afford the more expensive non-defected <sic> items.

That’s not a slight, by the way … when ( / if :smirk: ) I ever do start to forge in anger, I’ll definitely be doing so in order to sell as cheaply as possible. :+1:

I will second the notion that I was also surprised back in the day when I first use Pure Boon while having Defect/Quirk points.

I was like …“Hmm Okay, I have some defect points…but I will switch over to my pure boon so that I can avoid that”

Having more then one boon item takes up extra slots, so it does limit your options. However, yea, it doesn’t do what you would think.

Ya the only time you actually get the boon your looking for almost everytime is by stacking like 5 gums, but who in the heck has the vigour to do that lol?? And I agree with the defected gear, if you like cheaper prices on defected AOE hammers, you should go take a gander at my little mini Paragon shop on Arie in RTG. Those hammers been sitting there for quite a while and if I go any cheaper then I will actually be losing money and cannot afford to forge for others anymore.
:frowning:

I think its the newer players that don’t understand that “critical effect defect” on hammers doesn’t effect the hammers performance at all, and that “energy defect” can be reversed by eating a starberry pie while mining, which who doesn’t already know that right?? Lol every miner eats a dang starberry pie before mining so they can machine gun mine without stopping to re energize every 4 seconds

So I classify those hammers as “still pretty dang good” in the 8k range on my shop stands but the “dura defect” hammers i have at 6k i believe which i think is still pretty darn fair if you ask me. Those are all higher end forges so if these never sell, then idk what else to do about it, because the forging process has already been nerfed and it doesn’t sound like devs are interested in changing anything

Might just go back to forging for myself, less stress :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve only been playing for around three quarters of a year, but I didn’t know any of this … and have zero idea of what a “critical effect defect” is … hehe … but I appreciate what you’re saying, nonetheless.

Just mention it because not everyone takes on information the same way, mate. :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Didn’t mean any harm lol, maybe came off kind of growly sorry about that. Just felt it was perfect time to mention such a thing and just wanted to put it out there to try and help. “Critical effect” is more geared toward slingbows for weapons, tbh i think its just a neusence on the hammer side of things as a bogus defect and it sucks because newer folks see defects, and they usually run the other way and say, “that person stinks at forging” haha, maybe not tho idk…

I wish non forgers could actually see what it takes to try and get good quality forges so they don’t take forgers for granted. (Not talking about everybody) but just seems to me that people want “no defects” “no quirks” all the time, and its getting harder and harder to accomplish that

2 Likes

Don’t worry, didn’t think that you did. :slight_smile: Just thought I’d mention it was all.

Thanks for the info, though. :slight_smile:

Np, glad I could help :grin:

I dont buy equipment with defects unless i know the defect wont affect what im using it for, but the day/night, wonky triggers, mob aggro, slippery ground, ones that make new players go “im not buying trash”

I wouldnt sell equipment with defects because i wouldnt want people thinking thats the sort of stuff i sell.

I would create and alt and then sell my stuff with defects at DK’s Mall… under a totally different name… also not in my guild.