Forging has been changed?

I understand the point for nee Player then perhaps have Low Standard section for them,
Tbh Most Player are Not really Long Short of coins and what forging belongs i think WE all started with not perfect tools or Equipment IT took time to Forge them or achive them.

Most customers are the big one where Money doesn t Matter in my opinion.

High end Gem Tools should cost 12 to 15k … for the one WHO buys IT has enough reward from the tool so you as forger get payed for your Stress withe the … Forge.

2 Likes

Thisssss :joy:

Annoying stuff:
*Put specific gums - you get a totally unrelated boon
*Remove boon - get the same boon the next roll or 2 rolls even
*Inclination - it seems some tools love getting some boons over other boons. Also, some gums have the same story. Example: critical dmg vs high dmg from effect boon :laughing:.

Sometimes I decon a lot to the extent that I wish we could pre set the first 4 steps of forging so I dont have to keep repeating them (that is until I get the boons I want then start building them up).
For example: pre set gum 1, gum 2, fate paste 2, pure boon 3 then have 1 button do all this at once.

1 Like

Preset Action would be nice but i am on Playstation…

No no not macros. Something that the game implements itself. For example just like forging slots, you get 4 slots of preset. You put an item in it - the item remains in forging slot but now it is in the queue of the preset button (just like how you place an item in your hand but it actually remains in your inventory).

1 Like

Have you sacrificed a forge to RNGesus recently? If not put on your tin hat and do it now, it may shine some light on the replacement forge​:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Finally someone recognizes it as well. Thats what I’ve talked about since the Halloween event. Forging gives me such a hard time that I just don’t feel like doing it anymore. Everybody I told this couldn’t relate as if I was insane but there must have been changes! When I started forging everything worked so smooth and fast and now I have so much badluck that I sometimes can’t even reach one SS of good hammers for several days. I’m sure there’s something different with the RNG than it was few months ago.

1 Like

If it helps, I genuinely don’t want the best of the best.

Sell the faulty stuff! Bargain hunters will be thankful! :slight_smile:

It does seem that if there were some change that I think that could be good for forging it would be to remove RNG, but to make the high end forged items to be super expensive. Plus to make lowerer end stuff more viable for lower tiered players/planets. People that need the high end stuff will pay the goods, and people that don’t won’t need to.

This should save the sanity of the forgers, the wallets of the poor/newb, and still benefit the soopah 3L173 (or however idiots spell “elite”) players that need the high-end gear.

1 Like

Me neither. I do with what I can conveniently forge. I even stopped forging my grapples. I use standard dia grapples with a few points put in grapple skill and I am good. Guild buff even improves grappling but is not a must.

2 Likes

Here’s a fun thing I said during a rage induced forge session which I now say all the time.
“CRITICAL!!!? More like critically Stupid!”

I’ve been having a harder time forging the last few weeks as well. Way more deconstructs then normal.

5 Likes

Thats exactly where I’m at too, down to only a couple super stacks per day, if that (use to forge at least 9-10 SS easy per day, about 6 months ago) I completely agree. With you Nick!,

Something fishy going on here :thinking:

1 Like

@MadManMoon

“Sell the faulty stuff! Bargain hunters will be thankful! :slight_smile:

Sad thing about this is, the “faulty stuff” costs the same as making the “good stuff” because your still using the same ingredients but your outcome is different, “defects/ quirks”

So at some point you sit down and realize by selling the faulty stuff at low cost, you start to lose money so then you start thinking, is this actually worth selling at all??

Imo, its getting harder to sell faulty stuff because there might be a lack of understanding as to which defects/quirks you can actually counter act in game with pies/drinks etc. And 100% good forging is getting harder and harder to accomplish.

2 Likes

but would it sell at an equal price?

when i make faulty stuff, i’ll be selling v cheap.

1 Like

if that ‘faulty’ part doesn’t impact performance in any way, it does after a while.

I just end up shoving both good stuff and the ‘faulty’ but still good enough stuff in the same stand, up for the customer to check stats and choose. most gets sold either way after enough time, just differs in how long it stays on the shelf.

2 Likes

Probably not lol (but prices might not have to be that drastically different)

I guess it really depends on what exact defect/quirk is on each one, and how many on each 1, for example:

-Starberry pie will counter act energy loss defect

-Mega strength brew could counter act devastating Dmg. Defect, or increase low dev. Dmg outcome lvl

And so on and so forth…

I guess another variable is also to selling cheap defected/quirk gear is if your forging with very expensive mats or cheaper mats that you can accumulate more easily and still be ok to spare if you lose a bunch while forging or selling cheaper

1 Like

Maybe what we need (not sure if its been done before) is someone with the counter acting knowledge to make a post with all the variables so everybody can see, in hopes that we could inform more players and possibly stimulate the economy by selling more defected/quirked forged gear.??

Because I’ve had players tell me that they had no idea that certain items will counter act certain defects ( not sure how many items, if any, counter act some quirks tho), maybe need to switch quirk adding compounds for defect adding compounds and solvents as well, unless you like dealing with quirks.

Anybody have the knowledge for this? All possible outcomes?

I know a few but not all, and not sure if augments come into play either and/if they can counter act defects/quirks?

Sry, might be a little off topic @NickkThatsGood and maybe need to start a new 1, but I definitely want to help my fellow forgers and possibly try to reach a beneficial outcome for everybody because of this predicament we are in with the forge game, seems how the forge itself probably won’t get changed… so gotta come up with other ways to help figure this out for all of us

2 Likes

Well, while some quirks are straight out bad (bouncy feet, wonky trigger) with no counter, most quirks are neutral (random noises does literally nothing, energy usage change depending on food levels are ignorable since you’ll be using starberry pies anyway, and it doesn’t change much in the first place, weather perks don’t really change much when in building mode) and some can even be benefical depending on the situation (clear weather, slow-mo, on icy ground). The only problem would be most quirks don’t seem like a good thing at first glance due to lack of description of what they do exactly.

And then there’s also the fact that quirks are ‘true’ RNG, you can’t influence which quirk you get in any way, and we’re already having problems with RNG where we can somewhat influence the outcome (cough gums cough) which is why I stay away from quirk forges.

I like defects more since it pretty much tells you what it does and the customer can see and decide if it doesn’t matter enough to buy it.

2 Likes

as someone who doesn’t care how much it costs, if I’m happy with it i will buy it.
i do think that the forgers need to up their prices by say like 2-3k that’s like 10 Oort in sale
what can easily be gathered up, its better to increase prices than to lose great forgers!
and i understand the pain of forging but we have to support those that do it with love.

so that we can prevent our controllers and keyboards from breaking

6 Likes

Ya, guess defects are straight forward, but your right, quirks are a little wonky, “pun intended”, as far as not having much of a description or the actual pros and cons of each 1 would be beneficial for people, because then they might go looking for those specific quirks for a specific job, Or see some defects, and not think twice about buying.

So labeling all this might actually be great for people. Maybe it could open up some doors :smiley:

A list of pros/cons, counter acting measures depending on defects/quirks

What items to possibly use to counter

Idk, maybe if we get the info out there, might do some good for everybody

1 Like

I have a stack of hammers with this, and it just hits occasionally, not an issue for 98% of the time.

That stat is VERY precise. :wink:

To be fair, though … we don’t all have “@HOST money:woman_shrugging: :wink:

2 Likes

Wonky trigger can get very annoying, imagine you have it out without thinking at your house and it breaks your house :rofl:

I also remember somebody saying they thought it would be fine on a grapple, they just had to always aim where they want to grapple, and quickly found out the quirk also applies when unhooking the grapple and never touched it again :joy:

3 Likes