Forum and Punishment

If mods abuse it, they would get banned. Simples. And I’ve used it in the past on people raging, and then they are dealt with personally - but their posts are not seen by the whole community - like a naughty step, but not muting as such

1 Like

Ive been guilty of this too. I strongly believe some people deserve to be given a taste of their own medicine, and the devs/mods are way too tolerant of people trashing their work and threatening them etc.

But… i did also learn that thats not the world they want to create and in support for the game im doing my best to bite my tounge when i see it.

I used to own a pretty active hip hop website with about 6000 active members on the forum. Not the friendliest group of people as you can imagine, and i reckon modding that was actually easier than what goes on here… mostly cause i didnt have so many swear filters and could articulate what i thought of them.

I’d love to see more random funny light hearted game related threads popping up to balance it out. If anyone has any good screenshots/clips/memes/good stories etc dont be shy… we could drown the negative threads pretty easily.

1 Like

The Freedom of Information Act is a federal law that allows for the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information/documents (i.e. official departmental records) controlled by the United States government. Specifically Executive branch departments. FOIA does not apply to private companies. Nor does it have anything to do with freedom of speech.

How that is being used to say that a person can’t be censored on a private companies social platform really confused me.

Back to lurking now.

7 Likes

“If mods abuse it”
It’s not simple, it’s already been abused to high heaven to much outcry in social media.
You’re saying we’re to trust those above mods to be pure, when in actuall fact we’re all corruptible. Transparency is the best defense against that.

Just cause YOU find it tiresome, doesn’t mean others do. If you just hide a topic or discussion away, just cause your tired of looking at it, is NOT a good thing.

If there is an issue, people should be allowed to talk about it being an issue until it’s fixed, and even after. Cause if it gets all censored, because you are tired of hearing about the issue. Then the issue is never fixed, new players won’t even know there is an issue, and Devs looking into it, will see that there is no issue cause no one is talking about it.

Aka, it creates an echo chamber where nothing happens, nothing changes, never grows. All because some people are tired of hearing the same thing again and again.

You want to see a topic that’s been beaten to death, so much that people now just ignore it, even tho it’s still a very big problem, and BECAUSE people are ignoring it, they are still letting it happen?

Micro Transactions in Non-Free to play games.

You know, kinda like the ones in Boundless.

1. The method you were insinuating as it refers to this forum is illegal.
  2. You gave step-by-step instructions on how to (as you put it) make @Havok40k “cry”.

There is no reason to give instructions on how to make a moderator’s jobs more difficult, that doesn’t make these forums better, and it takes away from the discussion.

It was a clear violation of the community guidelines, and was flagged as such.

Not going to argue the point. I am moving on and will not derail this topic further. If you would like to @WidowMaker , please PM me, and we can continue this discussion.

1 Like

Ya’ll still going at it? Nothing else to do? I find that hard to believe.

You’re correct. However in the future, wiki is not always the best.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic is temporarily closed for 10 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 10 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 10 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 10 hours.

Can we talk now? Or are we going to get punished again?

This post got hidden for being off topic? Really? Concidering this is a Thread, about Topics being locked and punished, It’s even in the name, I’m 100% sure that what is written up there ^ Is very much on topic.

I’ve never argued or faught against a hidden comment before, but this one, I very much will, as it actively is inline with the Topic of this thread as well. Whoever flagged me, you’ll just have to see if a Mod/Admin agree with you that this post is off topic still.

2 Likes

With how the forum software re-closes a thread for one flag, probably not.

1 Like