Forum: New categories

Is there an oort nation? Or is it just a species?

its funny ? yes
we need it ? no

pls no overflooting with categories.

Since it’s only a subcategory it wouldn’t really matter. Those who want to find their language will search once and then have it and for the rest of us it’s not a problem either.
Also there aren’t really that many language categories yet so it’s not even a problem there.

but its no language ^^ if you write something its still english language as example but with symbols instead letters.

its funny yes of course but its useless to create a sub catogerie for a single topic…

if you want write in oort glyphe`s you can use the “Lore” categorie, because the glyphes are from the “Lore” and they are “hystorical”

Description from the Lore categorie

Discuss anything to do with the lore, universe and history of the Oort in this section.

It was nothing but a joke

1 Like

love the lore letters sometime i will write in oort language xD. at least try it with translation in spanish or english. could be fun

Oortphabet Font :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you write this using Stretchious’s English>Oortian dictionary?

No, every symbol represents a character. You can generate them on the forum.
Example:
:oort_a:

:oort_a:
2 Likes

No - the Oortphabet is available to use directly on the forums too :smile:

:oort_s::oort_e::oort_e:

Just look under the bacon rashers :bacon: in the emoji section :smile:

2 Likes

@james good idea to structure the forum a bit more.

Since some time, I wondered myself, if it would not be handy to add some under structures (maybe in creations) for projects and settlements.

Right now we usually have topics (like for supreme toast base of @ben or the settlement at gortnen I started), which grow endlessly and become bad to review.
Could we maybe create folders / under topics inside Creations, to write topics just belonging these projects?

Would be very nice.

1 Like

Realization: We still do not have a worldbuilder guide.

Yeah - it would be awesome if the community started pulling a guide together - even we don’t know how to use the builder :wink:

1 Like

I’m on one big topic, what’s less a guide, so I will place it into modding. But I hope it can become a basement to discuss and find conclusions how world builder works. Coming soon

How about a “discussions” category for small topics like “do you want sneaking in B<?” or “should there be a level cap or open ended progression?” that don´t need much elaboration and feel a little bit out of place in the general category.

General works just fine for that by my opinion.

3 Likes

Something I have learned is the more specific you make a category, the more confusion, resistance, and outrage you will get from the community when you try to move or organize improperly placed posts. General should be ok for anything generally about boundless.

2 Likes

@james, what if you create “Wiki” category for topics like wiki articles? I see another wikies has used not so often.

2 Likes

Generally the wiki articles fit in quite well where they are.

The wiki setting is something we can do to things if we feel its necessary to allow people to add new info to something without having to make a post and wait for someone else to add it.

Everything basically fits into other categories already. #general:guides #suggestions and #general being where the function most likely will be used.

Yes, I know it. But I think it will not be excessive to have separated wiki-category.