Founder totem gives special aura glow when it is held by a founder ;)

You already have a huge advantage. You get 200% more Beacon Claims.

They didn’t get any of the other 5K bonuses you got, so, it’s not like the plot bonus was the only thing you got.

If the Oortian Pack was solely giving plot bonuses, then yes, you’d have a point, but you got more than that, so it’s difficult to put an individual value on those things. If they suddenly let anyone design public worlds and give 200% bonuses to everyone, then yeah you’ve got a point, but allowing people to buy plots? I think you’re exaggerating a little in terms of how much your backer-status has been infringed on.

how many does a pioneer get :slight_smile: at 50

In response though to your statement… the “exclusive items” have shown that they are not really exclusive. We can make them but anyone in game can have them and each “tier” has the same item. This may change but right now it appears it will not. The planet item has to be built and who knows if that ever happens based on the planets that are available to deploy, etc. So really the perks aren’t that great when you take into consideration the Exchange and Gleam Club stuff…

I won’t argue with you because I think you miss the point. We have different views and I’m not interested in pushing the conversation.

1 Like

Only YOU can craft the exclusive items, so, that’s still exclusive.

Only YOU get 200% bonus plots.

Only YOU get to develop a world, live in the developers world, Monthly Team Skype, etc.

When they start adding this stuff to “The Exchange” you might have a point, but all they’ve done is give people a way to buy plots. They have to fund ongoing development somehow.

I get you think you’re getting less now, but you were never promised any of the things you say you were promised, nowhere in the backer info did it say “We won’t let people buy plots” and it clearly says you can “CRAFT” the exclusive item, it never says only you can hold it.

If you’re this upset and slighted by what they’ve done, make a thread about it, be public, and keep talking about it so the Developers see and understand your frustration. Don’t just walk away with the convenient “Oh he just doesn’t get it” excuse. If this is something worth fighting for, convince me, and everyone else, and you might actually get what you want.

You’ll see if you look at my previous posts I’m perfectly open to being proved wrong, especially when I learned about all the possible block combinations this game has, and that digging and mining were getting upgrades in the Trello.

1 Like

Looks like 450. If you use all cubits to buy plots of course.

Aa for the purchasable plots. If you buy those they land in game as coffers I think. And those are subject to backer bonus, I think. So, maybe a backer buying plot pack gets the bonus on them too?

Worth checking.

Yes that might be an option but still doesn’t solve the issue with people catching up… and many people already invested enough real money into the game and shouldn’t have to pay more…

thats enough for mez :smile: even if i deduct the nice hat im getting with my qbits :smile:

1 Like

Like that is uncalled for. Its apples and oranges to the point being made. And Yes we are quite aware of their functionality. We are quite aware of it’s cosmeticness. Just asking for it not to be cheapened by selling them. As I will be a gleam member, I own 3 accounts now, and Wayfarer on one of them. I hope that’s counts towards the devs being able to have more than 50 ppl in a mmo.

2 Likes

From what has been said any plots purchased on the exchange are subject to the backer bonuses. So if you earn or buy cubits the affect is the same. I guess this really makes sense when I think about it, how would they know the difference between earned and purchased cubits? I had not thought about it until writing this.

No plots packages for real money so.

In the past the developers said we will be able to buy cubits with real money and they can be used to buy plots, skill sets, alts.

It certainly doesn’t say you can buy cubits now.

It certianly does. This is copied from the same post of Jame’s that you used. it is at the top

The current plan is that:
Players start with 1 character and 1 skill spec.
Players then earn (or buy) cubits by playing the game.:arrow_left:
Players can exchange their cubits for: plots, alts, skill specs, wearables, body paints, re-tints, etc.
The only items that can only be acquired for real money are Worlds (post 1.0) and Gleam(* see blow) Club membership. Worlds need to be paid as we incur real world costs with running them.

1 Like

There is a contradiction there so. Of course the worlds and gleam club being only things available for money, probably means “directly”. However indirect buying is still buying (money >> cubits >> plots and all cubit purchasable items).

Thanks for pointing that out. My half-sleeping brain certainly used selective reading lol.

If my reply was harsh I did not mean it to sound that way. I am also interpreting the post from james based on other information that they have shared. That does not mean they have not changed something, but I think they were looking at buying cubits as an income stream to keep development going.

1 Like

not at all, I didnt perceive it as harsh or anything,

I was rereading James’ post though and…

this “by playing game” got me
Is buying cubits somehow tied to playing the game?

This is from SamF when they were explaining the exchange

We’ve also been up-front about the need to maintain a subscription-free MMO. As we’re not a free-to-play game, the game doesn’t need to be overly aggressive with it. We are however able to offer some shiny optional extras which can be picked up for Cubits. At launch, Cubits will also be purchasable with real-world money. We are fully serious about not letting this get in the way of the game, and it bears repeating that nothing purchasable with Cubits provides a competitive advantage between players.

I agree the statement I quoted (from james) can be confusing

1 Like

My thought now is that the end of the sentence really only applies to earning cubits and the buying option in brackets is just unfortunate quick addition.

@james just make it shiny :joy:

2 Likes

I would assume all that code isn’t ready yet or they aren’t fully prepared to offer all the paid cubit parts yet.