Founder totem gives special aura glow when it is held by a founder ;)

In the past the developers said we will be able to buy cubits with real money and they can be used to buy plots, skill sets, alts.

It certainly doesn’t say you can buy cubits now.

It certianly does. This is copied from the same post of Jame’s that you used. it is at the top

The current plan is that:
Players start with 1 character and 1 skill spec.
Players then earn (or buy) cubits by playing the game.:arrow_left:
Players can exchange their cubits for: plots, alts, skill specs, wearables, body paints, re-tints, etc.
The only items that can only be acquired for real money are Worlds (post 1.0) and Gleam(* see blow) Club membership. Worlds need to be paid as we incur real world costs with running them.

1 Like

There is a contradiction there so. Of course the worlds and gleam club being only things available for money, probably means “directly”. However indirect buying is still buying (money >> cubits >> plots and all cubit purchasable items).

Thanks for pointing that out. My half-sleeping brain certainly used selective reading lol.

If my reply was harsh I did not mean it to sound that way. I am also interpreting the post from james based on other information that they have shared. That does not mean they have not changed something, but I think they were looking at buying cubits as an income stream to keep development going.

1 Like

not at all, I didnt perceive it as harsh or anything,

I was rereading James’ post though and…

this “by playing game” got me
Is buying cubits somehow tied to playing the game?

This is from SamF when they were explaining the exchange

We’ve also been up-front about the need to maintain a subscription-free MMO. As we’re not a free-to-play game, the game doesn’t need to be overly aggressive with it. We are however able to offer some shiny optional extras which can be picked up for Cubits. At launch, Cubits will also be purchasable with real-world money. We are fully serious about not letting this get in the way of the game, and it bears repeating that nothing purchasable with Cubits provides a competitive advantage between players.

I agree the statement I quoted (from james) can be confusing

1 Like

My thought now is that the end of the sentence really only applies to earning cubits and the buying option in brackets is just unfortunate quick addition.

@james just make it shiny :joy:

2 Likes

I would assume all that code isn’t ready yet or they aren’t fully prepared to offer all the paid cubit parts yet.