Friendly PSA to the player who did this... it ain't gonna work the way you think it will

I see you’ve marked the dug out gleam gravesites, world regen will get rid of your makers… but thanks for the free gleam :joy:

6 Likes

Well, the markers stayed and the gleam in the graves did regen.

I was testing regen of broken blocks vs placed blocks, and the effect of foot traffic on regen (since we also smoothed out the terrain there quite a bit).

It was an interesting test, …unless people mine the markers and we don’t get to see how long they stay before more regens.

7 Likes

and thanks for the snarky reply :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

LOL, so it was YOU! You defiled my beautiful land :sob: loljk

2 Likes

heheheh. We didnt defile, we pruned the hedges and mowed the lawn and did a little landscaping, thats all :wink:

3 Likes

isn’t it easier to remember what kind of stone the gleam spawns under? :wink:

and shame on you @SolFall :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:sob:no shame! it was not meant to be snarky. i was legit letting a potential new player to know it would not work if they doing it to mark the spots. all these new players gotta learn these things yo! :smirk:

2 Likes

ya done messed up mah lawn… where my shotgun!?

3 Likes

heh classic old guy “GET OFF MAH LAWN!” :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

its easy to remember yeah, but its dark there at night, and its so much easier with a glowing marker :wink:

was honestly just curious if the footfall would cause them to stay after regen, and it seems like it did.

1 Like

'cept it kind of did work. requires more testing :wink:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/qGSUhwi8MQw a good Video on world regen

3 Likes

ah, so based on the vid that Jeff linked, looks like it regens from bottom up. so it’s super unreliable

If anyone gets the gleam regen from the marked graves, could you post a note here? Curious to see if this works reliably.

Though, it’s going to take a while for regen again ( I just cleared the area again around 9am EST).

Thanks! :+1: :smiley:

Should rename post to, ‘Snarky PSA to the player who did this… good job on using the scientific method to learn about the game’.

3 Likes

Probably should’ve used a non-gleam block to mark it, that way people wouldn’t nick’em :smiley:

I suggest mud. :grin:

2 Likes

oreally? that’s interesting… maybe i should take a closer look at the difference between regen of natural blocks vs removal of placed blocks… :thinking: lol testing of such things takes sooo much time though ><

1 Like

Yeah oddly, a lot of the terrain changes (smoothing/chiseling) stayed also, but the other tombstones regenerated (I had removed all the non-base Rock tombstones).

I have a feeling the regular-ish foot traffic is having some effect on what regens and what doesn’t, as well as removed vs. placed.

1 Like

Yeah, probably, though as of the last time I checked, nobody had. Such a fine, upstanding community :wink:

And, wow does it make it easier finding the graves you want in the middle of the Munteen night, heheh.

1 Like