"FULLY" AFK Block XP Farm

its better to tell the what you have done and show them like you did not showing them could have been looked at as it was malicious if they found out on there own and just banned/suspended you with out you knowing why. This way they just ask you to don’t do it and take down the vid no harm no foul .

1 Like

I mean we have been very transparent and open about the whole situation, we have nothing to hide here. We gladly share any details on how it works with anyone. And until it’s deemed not okay we will continue working on new designs - this is the first time there is automation in the game and we’re quite excited about it. Lots of potential but I understand the concerns.

On the other hand, I think us pushing the limit can benefit the game as a whole. If this is a loophole then they can now fix it.

3 Likes

As long as I get to keep my “cheat loafs” that James gave me I don’t care what y’all do.

2 Likes

I’m occasionally not present enough to chat, yesterday I got called away and forgot I was still in game because my dog had a snake bailed up in our yard. A hugely anxious couple of hours keeping dog calm and giving Sir Hiss time to escape the yard

Presumably you didn’t place any blocks, fill any machines, or do any mining when you were away, so that’s not really what I was talking about.

2 Likes

After discussing this internally, we’ve decided that this goes against the spirit of the game. It’s a form of botting, and we have a zero-tolerance policy against botting. We don’t want Boundless to turn into an AFK game; there are plenty of games for you to do that, but this isn’t one of them.

@QuimbyBoundless please edit your original post to remove the information. Thanks!

18 Likes

Thank you for the response, its very much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can we get a clear definition for this for future reference?

I’ve always been a fan of the GW2 policies:
https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153-Policy-Macros-and-Macro-Use
https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014185033-Policy-Unattended-Gameplay

1 Like

Updating the policies is something we do have on the list.

7 Likes

A daunting thought.

Thanks, I appreciate you.

Ahh, to have such clearly written policy.

Yes I note in those policies they failed to address “putting a weight on your keyboard”. Clearly this “known and acceptable game mechanic” must be fair game

:crazy_face:

Ah I missed the interim post.

Sad that it has to be this, but glad for the first notable change to the actual ecosystem from monumental. :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Just to be clear;

Are farms like this allowed if manually holding down button and it’s just a no when it’s done AFK or is the whole concept of the farm not allowed?

Edit: Original post has now been edited and video is now private.

2 Likes

Why even question something that is even remotely close to a zero-tolerance policy? :man_shrugging:

I think the response is a bit vague. It doesn’t really tell me if the machine can still be run manually. We need to know this because there are other farms we are considering, like for farming, that could make it easier using glide track - but not used as means for AFK.

Like I said I already removed the video and edited the post, I just want a little bit more clarification before I remove the machine in game as well (takes time and effort to build). Safe to say, I won’t use the machine at all until it’s been cleared up!

4 Likes

I think it’s an important distinction, and that lines get really blurry really fast.

If this can’t be used when manually holding down the button, that brings into question things like vertical regen farms - does going back and forth between two mouse buttons on a rhythm make it okay? Are stone generators a problem - it’s just this method with the spots being filled with water/lava. How about using the coil lasers for chisel changing - it’s much more manual, but it would be hard to tell a skilled chisel changer from a looping macro.

2 Likes

Are you serious right now?

I think this response is uncalled for @Nightstar. You can keep these to your own daily threads.

I think it’s a very valid concern even if you seem not to think so. Please accept people do not see the game same way as you do. As far as I can see, the comment is about AFKing, not about the machine itself, hence why it’s important to get the clarification.

3 Likes

wait… what? are you joking? we got regen bombs to help us farm resources we need for building, trunksm, rocks gleams… do you want to farm 1 gleam block waiting 4 hours to world regen ahain? dont think so… i love regen farms :smiley: but also i love scouting sov planets to find nice color blocks sopot and sitting there gathering and regening as long as i need to get enough blocks :smiley: what is wrong in regen farm? you still need to run back and forth, hitting blocks, using bombs, running back and forth again…

Yes? Some of those are less fuzzy than others, but I think the distinction is important.

Vertical regen farms, not so much. Axe in the left hand, bomb in the right, look straight down. Hold left until you get close to the bottom, let go and press right to drop a bomb. Repeat until inventory is full. There is a vertical wood farm on Chromis I if you want to see.

I believe Nightstar chose that specific phrasing because we have a history of chatting, so he knows he doesn’t have to be super careful with being direct like that. He probably also didn’t expect that stance from me.

3 Likes