Fun idea: forging reactions! 😃

Could be a lot of fun sharing the reactions of forgers while messing up/RNG tricks one over :smiley: got to hear the voice reaction of a friend recently, I hear also @HOST and know very well how I partly swear or complain while forging ^^ I don’t have a microphone myself, but everyone who’s feeling comfortable sharing, feel free to do so! :laughing:

4 Likes

Mine would be way too sweary.

5 Likes

I find forging fun. If I found my self cussing at a game or part of a game I think I might play another game.

You’ve never sworn in a game that you enjoy? Most games have some sort of irritating aspect. I too enjoy forging, I like the gambling aspect of it. it still makes me swear though.

6 Likes

I have in my competition days. I did a lot of FPS shooter tournaments and what not and found myself cussing a few times. The main difference there is when I personally make a mistake or well just get owned constantly.

Then again I seldom cuss because I have learned that if I cuss on a constant basis it loses its impact. If I reserve for those times when I want to really make a point it seems to have a greater affect.

Dropping an F bomb and watching the reaction to people that have seldom heard that from you is pretty impactful and usually makes people realize you mean business.

Do I cuss in a game that I enjoy? Rarely…

3 Likes

Agreed … I play a game like Far Cry 6 or Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts on the hardest difficulty and I swear the funny bits on the ends of my moobs off.

((( i don’t really have moobs … i just wanted to make that make sense in a forum friendly way :smirk: )))

It doesn’t mean they’re awful, and / or I’m not enjoying myself.

It’s the same with Chuckie Egg, or Mario, or Sonic.

Hard games get sweary.

I don’t like randomness, though … so I would swear a LOT more here. However, thankfully, forging is a tiny part of this game.

3 Likes

Oh I swear frequently, I’m a very chill person so I rarely get super serious. I don’t need swear words to take a person down though, so I’m not worried about impact haha

However, if you swear when you’re frustrated and you find yourself frustrated a lot in a game then I agree, you should probably move on. Gaming is supposed to be funtimes.

5 Likes

plus i generally swear a lot anyway.

even for a brit.

which is another reason i shouldn’t be on discord.

4 Likes

I think it’s cultural too, I’ve come to find that us brits like our swears and they mean something way more intense across the pond. Especially female dog

Remember when I called Rhino a B @shortyd856 and all the Americans went nuts haha and I was like :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

For sure … I lived in NYC, and whilst … well … whilst NYC/Boston is a lot closer to us in that (and many other) sense(s) … they’re still a puritan lot of whom you should not covet their sisters or brothers wantonly.

:wink:

le sigh

Let’s hope it doesn’t need to be said that I don’t actually think that America is full of puritans :wink:

3 Likes

A Becky?
That’s harsh :joy:

I am not British but I thoroughly enjoy foul language
I have my current customer service voice on for internet usage

3 Likes

Yeah, a big ole Becky.

I’m with you, bad language makes me feel happy haha.

4 Likes

It has a quality that makes it vividly descriptive in a way being clean just cannot touch
I never use it toward anyone, but I definitely use it quite liberally in regular conversation and grew up with a certain generation who have a very difficult time processing the filth I say, hence the customer service voice

2 Likes

I never use it aggressively. But yeah, I’ve heard some fantastically creative sentences using bad language and, my god, it’s glorious.

3 Likes

Swearing is just punctuation in Glasgow. It’s when we aren’t swearing, and calling you ‘pal,’ that you need to be prepared for trouble!

6 Likes

That’s pretty much my motto. If I’m not swearing, a storms brewing.

4 Likes

:astonished:

I truly honestly envy you. Forging regularly brings me to the edge of uninstalling Boundless :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I quite enjoy forging. And the mathematician (and gambler) in me loves RNG :wink:

2 Likes

I Personally Stream Forging to my guild in discord to show how awful the rng is with it. They get a hoot out of it while i borderline wanna punch a monitor watching my materials go out the window.

8 Likes

ch

8 Likes