Game Crash

My friend Xtron and I are selling things, and we wanted to know if the xp for buying something from a plinth went up with quality, or if it was just 7xp per item (i bought 9 copper spanners and got 63xp in trader)

so he set up a single plinth, in a single beacon (cuz im added to his house as a villager, same for him in my house)
with 7 amethyst hammers, in a smart stack. for 1c each.

now, whenever i picked up the entire stack of 7 hammers, my game crashes. Boundless.exe has stopped responding, with choices “wait” or “close program”

this debug option appeared after about 4 seconds of waiting (normally i just hit close and restart the program)

i hit the debug option and it opened a Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 that i had installed for college. This is what it returned.

i did not try to buy the single hammer, as i wanted to get this post up as fast as possible.

it also happens with copper hammers, but not spanners

i bought a smart stack of copper spanners for 9c, 1c each, no problem. my buddy xtron was able to do the same. but hammers seem to break the game

a list of my current invnetory:

totem, smart stack of 4 stone slingbows, a smart stack of 8 copper hammers, a smart stack of 9 iron axes, 36 white refined metamorphic rock, 2 tallow, 2 bones, 2 uncooked meat,

a smart stack of 9 iron hammers, a smart stack of 1 diamon torch and 81 amethyst torches, 39 purple metamorphic rock,

smart stack of 116 healing brew, smart stack of 3 silver hammers, a smart stack of 3 iron grapples, and a smart stack of 4 iron grapples, one iron spanner,

a smart stack of 2 iron hammers, a smart stack of 2 sets of 20 slingbow crystals, a smart stack of 3 ruby hammers, 25 warp conduits, and a smart stack of iron shovels.

each split represents a rwo, i had a total of 10 empty spaces in my inventory.

1 Like

did some more experimenting: completely empty invnetory has no problems

1 Like

It’s the game punishing you for trying to cheat and level up your trading faster :stuck_out_tongue:

Just joking, but really great details here and something I’ll keep an eye out for.

I did another simple test, i asked xtron to take my stack of 2 iron hammers, and my stack of 8 copper hammers, and try it with those in his inventory, in case my computer had a glitch with overflow in smart stacks (7 amethyst + 3 ruby = 10, one smart stack of 9 and 1 lone) (8 copper hammers + 2 iron hammers + 9 copper hammers = 19, 2 full smart stacks, one lone hamemr)

but he ahd no problems. i tried to be as thorough as i could, cuz this is a very strange glitch/bug/issue

1 Like

Thanks guys, @volong and I will look into this.

We haven’t been able to reproduce this, although I noticed that you said that you were a villager of Xtron’s beacon. That plinth menu in the screenshot only appears if you’re not a villager. Can you confirm if that’s the menu you saw when you accessed the Selling Plinth as a villager?

We made sure we were NOT villagers in these.

We normally ARE in each other’s plots. But in order to test this we needed to be able to sell, not just take items out. So we placed down beacons a little ways away and are NOT villagers in them

Sorry if I didn’t explain that well enough

How many times did the issue happen so far?

I did it 4 times. 3 times with the amethyst hammers, and then an additional time with the copper hammers.

We’re still unable to reproduce it, but if you can provide a gist of the log file together with a crash dump when the issue occurs, that would be great.

How do I find that

Details can be found here:

When providing a crash dump, make sure it matches the time when the crash occurred.

Okay. I’ll get on finding this, but it will be an hour before I can, physical therapy happens.

i sent an email with the information requested from that post. If you need more, or more specifics/details i’d be happy to provide

1 Like

Thanks for sending over the crash dump. Could you also check the log file to see if there’s any useful information in there after the crash occurred?

unfortuantely the log file only goes to 2:40am 3/21, after the crashes happened. (but if i repeat the crash i could conceivably send the log file with crash data)

Yep, if you create a Gist of the game log and share a link after you trigger the crash, that would be very helpful.

I’ll look into it but I don’t know what gist is, I’ll look st the link in the post you linked earlier.

But I work for 4 hours now. Sorry about my Super fun schedule