Game crashing on start up

Have some information about a new problem. The problem is similar. After loading the sanctum, the portal activates to the place where you were at the last game. if you run to the tunnel where you appeared at the very beginning of the game (so that the portal has no time to open), the game does not crash. what conclusion can be made from this?

@Vadyxa715, my game crashes before my character can even move … the only problem in the past that I have had that required a similar fix was very rarely when a portal wouldn’t complete loading.

2 Likes

FYI, mate, am on a similar setup, apparently, and also getting no startup at all (white window flashes up for a second and then disappears) have you checked your Windows event viewer yet?

Hi @MadManMoon, sorry to hear you’re in the same predicament … I’ll try and look later today and let you know the results.

1 Like

fank heewwwwwwwwww!

((( i have a feeling that this is either windows update related, sound related, or to do with uefi stuff on graphics cards )))

Hi @MadManMoon, got this error in the event viewer just after launching Boundless which looks like it could be related to what @majorvex suggested in your post regarding an audio issue .
@xyberviri did suggest disabling the sound card to see if that was a possibility but I have to confess I forgot to try as I don’t have a separate card, just the one built into the motherboard.
I’m going to see how I can disable it and try launching the game again to see if it has any affect and will report back soon.

Faulting application name: boundless.exe, version: 1.18.94.0, time stamp: 0x60c33ac6
Faulting module name: AudioSes.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0x1a824d91
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000100fb8
Faulting process ID: 0x538c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7937ef98c0fa6
Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Boundless\boundless.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\AudioSes.dll
Report ID: b0fbdcc3-e0a3-45a7-8c51-2dc865d060b3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 Like

Good luck!

SUCCESS!! :smile: @majorvex, @MadManMoon @xyberviri … sort of … I disabled all the audio devices listed in Device Manager and launched Boundless and it’s working, gone back into device manager and enabled them all again and game still running with sound.
Just need to find out how I can launch Boundless now without having to do that each time :grin:

3 Likes

NOOICE!

And … yeah … like you say … It should be noted that it is a “workaround” not a “fix” (ITIL, baby).

You shouldn’t have to do that every time you want to start a game, agreed.

I would wager that you can find an alternative driver for your audio, mate. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m going to enjoy it for now and get my Boundless fix in the mean time, at least I now know the root of the problem and hopefully a proper fix won’t be too far away :smiley:
Hopefully this will work for you too!

2 Likes

I would just like to thank everyone that has contributed to this post in trying to help me solve this issue, and although not fully fixed there is now light at the end of the tunnel. I would particularly like to thank @majorvex who I have been in contact with via PM’s and has gone out of her way to look for possible solutions and avenues to check. Also a shout out to @MadManMoon for the event viewer suggestion.
Thank you ALL again for the help and one more example of why this games community is the best :smiley:

4 Likes

This is awesome news @GreyArt247 and @MadManMoon so glad this is fixed and you guys can jump back in and have some fun!!!

2 Likes

Erm … nope … I’m still broken, mate. :disappointed:

I just came here to congratulate Grey Grey. :sweat_smile:

Here, check out this INCREDIBLY INTERESTING AND NOT AT ALL BORING thread. :smirk:

1 Like

Oh damn :frowning_face: … so nothing in the event viewer that might give a hint?

Not being funny, but I can’t be bothered to cross post! :sweat_smile: (see the thread we @'d you in)

Well for @GreyArt247 I found there was an issue with the AudioSes.dll all over the internet. Some disabled it in the Device Manager as a temp fix, others deleted the file and replaced it with a newer version (and a few times older versions) of the file.

One guy did a reinstall of Windows (not that anyone wants to do that) and said that it fixed the issue too.

Some also said to try a different sound output …

Edit: My AudioSes.dll for Windows 10 64bit shows:

So you might compare the size to yours. (that sounded bad)

1 Like

Hi guys! Want to share some updates. I did something in BIOS and the game is not crashing for five minutes or smt like that. I’ve changed some parameters of memory. Turned on the mode of Open Case Status to enabled. Don’t know how it’s possible but it works.

1 Like

also check for updates to your bios since most sound cards are part of the mobo.

I don’t recommend updating the bios unless you have to or need to for a specific reason. You can quickly end up with an expensive brick.

2 Likes

True that.

That said, my recent issues (not the thread I made here - much worse) were helped along by a BIOS update, but since the bundle was so new I ensured that the reseller did it as it hadn’t arrived ‘in a working state’ … :wink:

Check out AMD WEAH issues on their forums if you’re REALLY bored, folks. :wink: