Game crashing on start up

Not had any real issues with Boundless for a long time, but game is now crashing on start up … I launch steam and then go to my library and click play on Boundless, I now get crash dump submission notice which says “crash dumps found from previous run, would you like to submit them” … I click yes the game then starts to load, gets as far as the Sanctum Loading then it freezes for a couple of seconds before shutting down and going back to my normal desktop screen. Anyone else have similar problems?

i did have that before, (a long time ago) uninstalling boundless and reinstalling fixed it, not really know what caused the issues and I also didn’t have any modded files back then

1 Like

I have no moded files either and I just run a file verification in steam and that came back 100% ok but it’s still happening.

1 Like

even then still do a full reinstall and see if that solved it

I agree with host I had 24 hour bug like that

How painful is it to do an uninstall and full reinstall?

1 Like

Have you bounced around testing and live? Tht could be one reason.
Reinstalling aint so bad… Boundless is Pretty small (size)

No I haven’t, the last time I logged in has been on the permanent worlds and everything was fine and then this just started today when I tried to log in as normal.

Have you tried To restart steam. Also checked For any steam updates

the only pain is that you are without boundless on your system for a bit, your pc might dislike that
so try to reinstall it back ASAP

1 Like

I have tried opening other games and it’s happening to a few of them too so it seems it might not be an issue with Boundless specifically. In have updated my graphics card drivers as well as Steam but it’s still happening.
Just launched Boundless on my laptop and that opened fine so I think I’m going to do as @HOST suggested and do an uninstall/reinstall.

Just finished reinstalling but still happening :sob:

Have you used Sanctum edit since the Halloween update? That can break one of your files, though that would likely have been fixed by reinstall.

If you don’t want to wait for @james to get a chance to help, you can post a pastebin link to your error log and forum people can attempt to help. I don’t have a great record at actually helping, but I’m happy to try!

I’ve never used the Sanctum edit … it’s strange that it launches on the laptop but crashes on the desktop… it’s been running fine up until today and there’s been no updates that I’m aware of on anything else. It’s happening to other games too that are online such as No Mans Sky but single player games launch ok such as Witcher 3 … no issues with internet connection.

I have been having the same issue ever since i updated my graphics card this week.
Tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling and it didnt change anything.

I have updated my graphics card driver today but that was after the issue had started.

check your direct X?

1 Like

Not entirely sure the cache is deleted when reinstalling… but if you haven’t tried ( or did not see it in the above posts then… ) but wipe the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\ < YOUR STEAMID >\324510\local\chunkcache” the data.mdb.

If the above did not do anything for you, try and copy your settings out, it is in the same folder structure as above, the “user_settings” folder copy it out as backup, and delete the one in there. See if that does anything.

1 Like

Could your firewall block it somehow

1 Like

@HOST and @Huntsman … I’ll try that in a moment, thanks for the advice … I don’t usually have any interest or watch football but there’s a little game on at the moment that’s apparently quite a big deal so just sort of watching that.