Game not launching

Yeah, I’ve restarted a few times now.

Same here, Triky. :frowning:

I’m really wanting to play it and give feedback on development, but if we can’t figure this out I’m gonna just have to get a refund and try again later. Hope you understand, devs!

Do you have the .Net 4.5.1 runtime installed? Game also needs this. (Again Steam should have installed it.)

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. Have you tried verifying the game cache?

I have that runtime version, yeah
Verifying game cache showed no issues

You need to give us some more information here - or we’re simply shooting in the dark…

I’m giving you all the information I can, unfortunately.

I have all .net Frameworks up to 4.6.1
Besides, I have Unity Engine and Visual Studio 2015. Is this perhaps related to?

A problem with my friend with Windows 7 looks like this…
Problem Event Name: bex64 fault module name: ucrtbase.dll

It might be worth trying to run the exe with different compatibility modes.

Tried all compatability modes, no dice.

Problem Event Name: bex64 <- That was my problem on my Windows 7 pc. I also tried the game on Windows 10. I tried the game in different compatability modes.

Also tried already.

The two dependencies should be .net 4.5.1
and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840

Still does not work with these redists(for me)

That error sounds like a problem with a 3rd Party conflict. Do you have any other programs running in the background? It might be worth disabling these to make sure other programs are not conflicting with the launcher.

That error sounds like a problem with a 3rd Party conflict.

I dont think so.

I’ve tried the game on 3 different Devices 1 laptop(win7), 1 desktop pc(win10), 1 desktop pc(win7)

The bex64 error look like it needs more investigation. It seems like its claiming there an attempt to run data as code and the 'Data Execution Prevention ’ is a protection against doing that. We use .net for the loader app and .net does JIT which turns data in to executable so that seems a possible culprit - its the first thing that runs to log in. It you google it you hit way to turn it of using bcdedit.exe but this does not seem a great idea until we’ve check whether there is a bug.

If you run C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Boundless\boundlessloader.exe does it start? If you installed it before the name change then it will be in ‘oort online’ rather than boundless folder.

I bought the game today. I tried to run the game via cmd. Same result. no errors(on win10). no logs and no error in cmd.
Are there any boundlessloader.exe parameters?
PS: I’ve installed the game in a extern Steamlib

Ok so that sounds like a .net configuration issue.
Is there a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\boundless_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.1 folder? In it should be an exe that installs .net 4.5.1 which you can try running by hand.

I dont think we have tried installing it in another folder so thats something we can test. We do use the steam APIs so it does need to find those correctly.

If you have space try installing it in the default to see if it works.

Mine’s in the default :o