Game not launching

I’ve already installed the .net framework from the _CommonRedist folder. And the game wont launch in my system hdd too

Mine too, but i have testing in another hdd… same problem.

Same issue for me, Windows 10 and the game says running for about 3 seconds but nothing actually loads. Updated drivers, .Net etc.

Ok - It look like it might actually want .net 4.0. I think this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718 should be it.

Just tried the installer, already installed.

.net 4.0 is preinstalled in win 10

ok. We need to dig deeper then.

I think I’m going to sleep now. In Germany(UTC+1) it is just 00:19 am and I still have to go to school: D

Good luck!

Still no luck on this end.

It possible that with the new update to the Live version of Boundless today we’ve somehow broken the installation process for new users. We will investigate this first thing tomorrow morning when the team is back in the studio and online. Sadly @michaelb, @luke-turbulenz and I need some more expertise from the other team members to go further. I hope you’ll give the game another chance tomorrow!

I have this same problem on my new PC. I am trying to troubleshoot it as well. I will update the thread if I find the issue.

Glad to hear you’ll be looking into it ASAP! Looking forward to some good news tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read you tomorrow…

1 Like

I had this issue before today. I tried Sunday night and the same thing happened.

The only error message I found on my machine is the following:
Faulting application name: boundlessloader.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57ed3c9f
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578997b5
Exception code: 0xc0000409

2 Likes

I tried going through last night and uninstalling programs on my working computer to see what is missing on my new computer. I have not found any missing programs yet. The downloader Seems to grab all the same folders and files on both my computers. But one works and the other does not. The first time this issue started for me was 10/02.

As @james mentioned, we are wondering if this is related to machines that have never had the game installed before. Has your new machine ever able to run Boundless before?

We’re preparing an update that will be live soon. Hopefully this will fix the issue (but we’ve not been able to reproduce it locally.)

I tested something this morning, my laptop(Windows10) had an older version already installed, so it updated yesterday and that works fine. My desktop(Windows10) did not have it installed, so I did a fresh install yesterday and it does not launch.

Yea this issue seems to only affect window computers that never had Boundless installed on it.