Game not launching

We have a minor update that might help - should be live within the hour. We will post once live.

1 Like

Ok. I updated it. I doesn’t work. no error. same result

EDIT: If i start the boundlessloader.exe(tested with admin rights too): failed to initialize authentification

1 Like

I’m getting the same results.

I ran into that error while messing with my working PC to not launch Boundless. If you run the Boundless.exe, do you get some error message about steam API?

Nah, nothing’s happening for me with Boundless.EXE

If i run the boundless.exe i get no errors and no logs.
That error appears on pc of a friend:

Does the issue occur when you run the game through steam?

The error in the image appears while my friend is loading the game from steam.
failed to initialize authentification <- this error appears if i run the boundlessloader.exe without steam

Running the exe’s directly outside of steam won’t work unless you create a text file in the Boundless folder called steam_appid.txt containing the number 324510
I don’t think this will change the behavior but if you want to give it a go just in case then you can.

We did manage to reproduce it on a clean machine but then during the process of trying to work out what was wrong it just started working so we need to wipe the machine clean again and try again.

2 Likes

You have to open from steam because steam somehow forces users to open it from there.

That was only a test. If i run the game from steam no error appears and no logs are beeing made

Its intresting to read how the devs really actully try to help people then other devs wiht click 1 if your game dont work and stuff love it

Just bought the game, installed and having the same problems as everyone else here. Steam says game running for 2 secs then stops, nothing opens, no error messages.

1 Like

Ok can people try the following, go to %LOCALAPPDATA% (type that in windows explorer and it should take you to c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local and in there create a folder called Turbulenz then try running the game again.

6 Likes

Looks like that did it!

That works. The game opens.

Yeah thats done it, thank you for the quick response and fix.

There is an update coming today that includes this fix.

Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

Hey there i’m a new user, bought boundless about 6 hours ago via steam.

Downloaded the game fine, I go to start the game and the game launcher doesn’t load up and i get an error window pop up saying

‘boundlessloader_win has stopped working’

any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like an installation issue. I would recommend cleaning and then reinstalling the game. It’s likely one of the dependencies is missing.