Gaming the system (planet generation)

Lol, you guys are planning on taking a planet hostage…poor planet

1 Like

Wait… could you clear this up? I thought Steggs was not a dev. He is the forum moderator for sure, and also runs Boundlesscrafting?

No no. please dont misunderstand. I just meant, if so many people were building skybases, bridges and such as a side-effect.

@molav absolutely not holding it hostage! That is not where i was going with that… I do not want that

1 Like

Steggs is the community manager and is a dev

You are thinking of Stretchious, he is the boundlesscrafting guy and a forum mod

3 Likes

@Steggs101 @james It would be great if we could get official confirmation publicly on how this process works as the way things have been described in the past seemingly implied it was an organic process but now we’re finding out it’s really a dev switch flip. Is it subjective by the devs? Does the land have to be getting used? Do you just flip the switch once x amount of land mass is plotted? Does it being reserved impact this or do there need to be an actual x amount of plots dropped.

This stinks if it’s accurate. I wasn’t so concerned about gems as I get plenty of those in the current state of the game,but I was super interested in being able to see the community work together to force planet spawns so we could get more access to block colors and gleam colors and tree colors.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yea, I feel that’s a lot more ambiguous than how you originally framed the initial response of "well this cant happen’. It may really ‘be like that’ or it may need some meaningful clarification where some of the details are lost because of a lack of dialogue. Admittedly, he did say in his limited understanding. Realistically, you’re probably right. Optimistically, I think it’s incorrect because I don’t think we’d see the constant T1 planet spawns we do as people often de-plot once they start moving off those early tier worlds. But who knows, maybe there really is a lot of insanely spread out builds on those T1’s, but at the same time, all of these T1’s still have so much land to use on them and seemingly are usually around 20 players online, only on certain hub planets do we see high sustained player capacity

The t1’s don’t spawn frequently anymore (there hasn’t been a new one in a long time) it was just during the hype week or so that we had where players were coming on in droves

Its entirely possible that if we sat on a world and locked it down for a number of hours, or maybe as much as days, the devs would respond… but its going to take a massive undertaking to make that happen

1 Like

I’m willing to lend an afk helping hand at it lol but I won’t sit around all day

1 Like

Honestly just 80 players to log in build themselves a large room where they won’t be killed from creatures and go afk. Just stand there take the server slot. No one could come in holding all resources “ hostage”

1 Like

So if the Devs ever go dead. Stop working on the game, but keep the servers running, we’ll NEVER see a new planet spawn no matter the situation?

1 Like

sit in the ultima hub area imo, or the portal seekers one, problem solved

Cancelling mass craft of beacon plotters. new pitchforks available soon™!

4 Likes

That’s my understanding.

An alternative question for you: if the game is dead, do we need more worlds?

2 Likes

It honestly wouldn’t be nice to know:

What does it take for the devs to push the gen new world button

What does the actually player count look like since launch

Even if player count hasn’t risen to numbers to justify the new world because there isn’t a high enough base population… as time has gone on you now have all those players reaching high levels that can use end game hammers to mine out resources.

If the devs are fine with the player count being the deciding factor to opening worlds I’d like to know what’s being done to increase people purchasing the game, I feel the player rate has decreased am I wrong?

And if the devs are okay with it being player count based then the economy will just need to get used to finite resources on diamonds

1 Like

Read what I said, lol. I didn’t say the game was Dead, that the Devs were Dead. We see this alot on Steam in Early Access, where games are Never Released, where even if they have thousands of players, the Devs just never update the game, updates become very slow, every 6-12 months, and mostly just bug fixes and no new content.

So game could still be thriving, but with the Devs being dead, the game won’t Auto Make new planets, it NEEDS the Devs to say Yes and add content to the game.

Well either way, i was planning to start a new build soon anyway. so i’ll be settling on serp over the next week. That’ll increase serp pop by 1 on the regular at least :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I don’t think thats something to get too concerned with right now, it’s a hypothetical that doesn’t do anyone any good.

If the game is thriving, the devs will keep going to make more money via gleam club, etc - we can for now just assume this will be the case.

As for your question directly, I did answer it already - no, there would be no more worlds

I love the idea of a ton of people planning it out and plotting together to build a MASSIVE sky city close to the top of the world.

Honestly, the devs believe we’ll have a hundred+ worlds over time. I really hope to see all sorts of weird planets like this with different, unique world generations that give the planet some serious personality.

1 Like